Looks can be deceiving...

DreReed83

Although our d-line looks good, just remember they're dominating OUR offensive line in practice and dominated Chicago's offensive line without Kreutz. Offensive line is definately a weakness for Chicago. SOOOO. Until we play a great offensive line, I can't say I was THAT impressed. Definately an improvement since last year.

Let the flaming begin. BRING IT.

I thought the D looked really good against the pass (obviously), and against the rush, but only the first two drives. One can argue that the lack of run D was because the bigger runs started during the bears third drive and it wasn't our starters- but it was. The only person that was out on Barber's first (of many) 11-yard run was Merriman. Are we really that dependent on Merriman?

The pass D continued to be good even after the starters (94 yards total), but the run D was still struggling (160+ yards). Is there something I'm missing? I know it's just preseason game 1, but I REALLY want to have missed something crucial when the Bears started breaking off huge runs.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

Did you miss when most of the starting front 7 left the game? the only starters on D that stayed more than 2 series' were the dbacks. Merriman was only in there for 9-10 snaps all together I think.

The bears offense did have two decent plays against the 1st string defense. But that was about it.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Actually no. Dareus was playing in Williams spot and Edwards was playing dareus' spot. Barnett and Davis were out there some as well. Torbor was in there as well...and he sucked. I'm hoping he gets the axe. Let him help the younger guys through camp, then let him go.

On the drive I'm talking about (the bears TD drive) I paused and was able to point out Dareus, Williams, Barnett, Carrington, Edwards in the front 7. Granted, on the first play that they let a run up the middle, it's fair to say that Dareus and Williams were both held (though it wasn't called).

Barber had 7 attempts for 45 yards...It doesn't take perfect to stop that.

Look, I'm not trying to be negative. I just don't want to get over-excited if it's not warranted.

Point taken. It was disturbing to see them pound the ball on us. If it happens again next week I'll be concerned.

Merriman was out after the 1st quarter, and if Florence's effort against Barber was any indication, the rest of the starters who were in there probably didn't care enough to show up for that 3rd series.

Although our d-line looks good, just remember they're dominating OUR offensive line in practice and dominated Chicago's offensive line without Kreutz. Offensive line is definately a weakness for Chicago. SOOOO. Until we play a great offensive line, I can't say I was THAT impressed. Definately an improvement since last year.

Let the flaming begin. BRING IT.

also, "shawne: go get"

is a lot easier than "run a combo block and the back will chip, the wr will be out of his break in time for you to step up and throw"

at this stage in the game, most defenses have looked better than offenses, especially in the trenches. I havent seen every game, but every game i have seen has had a lot of pressure.