Terrelle Pryor

Just in case you are wondering, the supplemental draft does not work like the regular draft. Teams submit "bids" if you will and the highest "bid" is the winner and forfeits that pick in next year's draft. Living in C'bus and watching this kid virtually every weekend (ugh), he has a lot of technique issues and does not check down at all. I wouldn't even waste the paper / email to submit a bid.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/08/09/11/Pryor-awaiting-NFL-decision-on-eligibili/landing_ohiostate.html?blockID=545303&feedID=3725

Interesting. The NFL has announced it's intentions to hold a supplemental draft but hasn't let any of the players know if they're eligible or not. I'd say it's just a formality. Terrelle Pryor will most likely be available to draft on the 17th. While he is greener than grass and has had off the field issues, he represents an interesting opportunity for Buffalo.

I think we can all agree that we won't be picking 1st overall next year (most likely). So Andrew Luck is out. And if that's the case, while Pryor's green; I think he'd be more pro ready if we took him on the 17th and he spent the 2011 season learning the Bills offense and being coached up than a QB who we may or may not take in April 2012.

Not to mention, he could most likely be had for a 3rd at the most (i'm speculating, of course) while someone next year would probably cost more. With his growing up and playing in Pennsylvania, Buffalo won't be a culture or weather shock. With Gailey's love of mobile Quarterback's, I think this is honestly a great fit.

Now i'm sure you'll all reply "pass, he's an idiot" or something along those lines. But what of those very same people when the "Vick to Buffalo" rumors were going on? That's worked out pretty well so far for Phili.

I say; low risk potential high reward. If Terrelle Pryor became a Buffalo Bill, how would you feel?

Fantastic post. I agree 100%. This would be a perfect Gailey QB. If the Bills don't draft him they are crazy.

Just in case you are wondering, the supplemental draft does not work like the regular draft. Teams submit "bids" if you will and the highest "bid" is the winner and forfeits that pick in next year's draft. Living in C'bus and watching this kid virtually every weekend (ugh), he has a lot of technique issues and does not check down at all. I wouldn't even waste the paper / email to submit a bid.

You are complaining because he DOES NOT check down? Also, didn't he win a Rose Bowl? Checking down and mechanics can be cleaned up. If he performed like he did last year at OSU and has bad numbers, imagine what he can do with appropriate coaching. He's definetly better than a 3rd round pick, which is what we should submit.

It is a lot more risk using a pick in supplemental draft this year because of strike. They barely have time to evaluate UDFAs they signed and would not get supplemental pick any practice rime especially with new NFLPA rules limiting combat.

I watched all his games as an OSU alum. He will never play QB in the NFL. His mechanics are worse than Tebow's if that is possible and he only sees the first option before taking off to run.

However he could be an Antonio Gates type TE. He is fast, tall, and runs well. I don't think he makes it as a WR as he is not quick enough. He is more strong and straight line fast making him a better option against safeties and LB's.

• 2 weeks later...

ByTimGraham Tim Graham

Bills, Dolphins, Colts, Raiders, Bengals interested in Terrelle Pryor sez @AdamSchefter

ByTimGraham Tim Graham

@ Absolutely. A raw athlete with possibilities. But @ what cost? RT @glazeduck any chance teams like buffalo are looking at Pryor as a wr? TE?

SportsCenter clip

Sorry to hear this.

Yes, he has Brad Smith-like qualities for Chan's multi-facteted offense, but what he did at OSU makes him a POS in my book. If I understand it correctly -the audacity to offer that he did even worse things before the acts that got Tressel dumped which should have had him kicked off the team earlier, thus he'd have been eligible to be in this year's draft class. Are you effin' kidding me??

Then add that I can throw with more accuracy than him and I'm fat & old.

I don't want to see this azz rewarded for his punkazz actions.

ByTimGraham Tim Graham

Bills, Dolphins, Colts, Raiders, Bengals interested in Terrelle Pryor sez @AdamSchefter

ByTimGraham Tim Graham

@ Absolutely. A raw athlete with possibilities. But @ what cost? RT @glazeduck any chance teams like buffalo are looking at Pryor as a wr? TE?

SportsCenter clip

If we do grab him, then bye bye Levi clearly. The question then would be what do we do with the other QB's. Clearly Fitz is the starter, but they plan on carrying Smith as a QB and no way he goes anywhere, they have big plans for him. The question becomes what to do with Thigpen. Smith has impressed with his arm in camp too, so do they take Pryor and cut/trade Thigpen and promote Smith to backup QB with Pryor as QB3? Or do they carry 4 QB's?

he might even be another Brad Smith....wait a minute....we ALREADY HAVE Brad Smith. Can he play Offensive Tackle?

If we do grab him, then bye bye Levi clearly. The question then would be what do we do with the other QB's. Clearly Fitz is the starter, but they plan on carrying Smith as a QB and no way he goes anywhere, they have big plans for him. The question becomes what to do with Thigpen. Smith has impressed with his arm in camp too, so do they take Pryor and cut/trade Thigpen and promote Smith to backup QB with Pryor as QB3? Or do they carry 4 QB's?

The strategy is to forget about the offensive line and get lots of qb's so you won't feel so bad when they get hurt from not having any pass blocking. Doesn't that make sense?

he might even be another Brad Smith....wait a minute....we ALREADY HAVE Brad Smith. Can he play Offensive Tackle?

The strategy is to forget about the offensive line and get lots of qb's so you won't feel so bad when they get hurt from not having any pass blocking. Doesn't that make sense?

:thumbsup:

Funny, I was going to speculate yesterday, that the Bills would be one of the teams interested in him...Gailey is (too) enamored with these multi-faceted guys, IMO...lets' get teh cornerstone built first, before we start adding more guys who play a half dozen positions...

I doubt it. With Brad Smith, I can't see him fitting in anywhere. I would be more suspicious of the Bills showing interest only to make some other team pull the trigger and waste a pick.

The only way I'd be interested is if the Bills used a 4th or later and converted him to WR/TE, as Tim Graham responded to a Twitter follower. He was totally unimpressive as a passer, in every way, but his athletic gifts are undeniable.

The only way I'd be interested is if the Bills used a 4th or later and converted him to WR/TE, as Tim Graham responded to a Twitter follower. He was totally unimpressive as a passer, in every way, but his athletic gifts are undeniable.

There are a number of guys in the league w/ similar "athletic gifts." He's useless. If he could somehow put on 20lbs while keeping his 40 time, learn to block/be physical (which is almost impossible for a guy like that to learn), and learn run routes...he could be a great TE. But that's a LOT of learning. And he doesn't strike me as a learner.

There are a number of guys in the league w/ similar "athletic gifts." He's useless. If he could somehow put on 20lbs while keeping his 40 time, learn to block/be physical (which is almost impossible for a guy like that to learn), and learn run routes...he could be a great TE. But that's a LOT of learning. And he doesn't strike me as a learner.

That's a good point, and I agree. Nix and Gailey don't seem the type to suffer fools, though, so I wouldn't mind if they took a chance only to cut ties if it didn't work out. It's a gamble, and one more than likely not worth it.