Terrelle Pryor

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />Pryor's proday is today. Interested to see how he does, my guess is biggest question is accuracy.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Supposedly he ran his 40 in the high 4.3s and another in the low 4.4s. Didn't realize he was that fast. I'd take a flyer on him, it would be interesting to see what chan could do with him.

<br /><br /><br />

Supposedly he ran his 40 in the high 4.3s and another in the low 4.4s. Didn't realize he was that fast. I'd take a flyer on him, it would be interesting to see what chan could do with him.

Again I ask people, who's position is he going to take? Do you really want to carry four QBs, one of whom will never see the field the entire year unless Brad Smith is injured, and even then probably wouldn't? We're already going to have to cut 1-2 players most fans want to see stay on the team. There simply is no roster spot or place for him. Be a realist, and don't say cut Thigpen because it's never going to happen.

Again I ask people, who's position is he going to take? Do you really want to carry four QBs, one of whom will never see the field the entire year unless Brad Smith is injured, and even then probably wouldn't? We're already going to have to cut 1-2 players most fans want to see stay on the team. There simply is no roster spot or place for him. Be a realist, and don't say cut Thigpen because it's never going to happen.

It doesnt matter what WE want. Or who WE want to drop. It means nothing. If Chan and Buddy want to take him and cut someone that WE want to keep, I'm behind it.

Again I ask people, who's position is he going to take? Do you really want to carry four QBs, one of whom will never see the field the entire year unless Brad Smith is injured, and even then probably wouldn't?

I don't think it really matters that much. The Bills aren't exactly loaded with talent on offense and if they think Pryor can be an impact player at some point in the future, even if that means a year or two down the road, they can find a roster spot for him for now. Myself, I'd probably just keep two TEs instead of the usual three on the active roster, with a couple more on the practice squad in case someone gets hurt. I'm not sure they'd really be losing anything by doing that.

I probably wouldn't offer up anything more than a 6th rounder.

Pryor needs to go somewhere like NE, Jets or Baltimore. He is an immature, entitled baby who needs a strong lockeroom to straighten him out.

Not to mention that he WILL NEVER BE A PRO QB. His accuracy is awful and his biggest plays through the air were usually him running around and finding a guy wide open. He's a terrible leader too.

If he'd be willing to go rigt to WR/TE I think he'd be a good fit in this offense in the slot but that's what we have Nelson for. No shot Nix takes him.

He'll never be the stud qb that Jimmy Clausen. Did you mail my 6 pack yet? :)

And why the hell shouldn't the Bills spend on a 4th on Pryor? He has all the tools, Vailey works well with athletic qbs, & Fitz would be a great mentor. Plus, I think the Bills are starting to develop a strong lockerroom. Also, this would in no way discourage me from hoping the Bills pick a qb high in next year's draft. IMO, you can never kick the tires on enough qbs.

Pryor is a rule breaking cry baby bum, already asking his lawyer to try to get a reduction in his penalty from Goodell. If I was Roger I tell tell him If you ask me again the penalty will be 6 games if you persist it will be 7.

Pryor is another in a long line of Black running College QB's whose game doesn't translate to the NFL and at best maybe he plays some receiver before he flames out.

He's immature like Aaron Maybin (we all now that), and we already Have Brad (Slash) Johnson -so why on God's green earth would we want this headache? Let him go to Washington or Oakland or something else.

I vote no !

<br /><br /><br />

I read somewhere that he clocked as low as 4.32 ... insane for a guy that large.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/08/09/11/Pryor-awaiting-NFL-decision-on-eligibili/landing_ohiostate.html?blockID=545303&feedID=3725

Interesting. The NFL has announced it's intentions to hold a supplemental draft but hasn't let any of the players know if they're eligible or not. I'd say it's just a formality. Terrelle Pryor will most likely be available to draft on the 17th. While he is greener than grass and has had off the field issues, he represents an interesting opportunity for Buffalo.

I think we can all agree that we won't be picking 1st overall next year (most likely). So Andrew Luck is out. And if that's the case, while Pryor's green; I think he'd be more pro ready if we took him on the 17th and he spent the 2011 season learning the Bills offense and being coached up than a QB who we may or may not take in April 2012.

Not to mention, he could most likely be had for a 3rd at the most (i'm speculating, of course) while someone next year would probably cost more. With his growing up and playing in Pennsylvania, Buffalo won't be a culture or weather shock. With Gailey's love of mobile Quarterback's, I think this is honestly a great fit.

Now i'm sure you'll all reply "pass, he's an idiot" or something along those lines. But what of those very same people when the "Vick to Buffalo" rumors were going on? That's worked out pretty well so far for Phili.

I say; low risk potential high reward. If Terrelle Pryor became a Buffalo Bill, how would you feel?

All's i can say is what i heard about him when i was in Columbus working & a game was being played the day i got into town . I talked with the young man at the desk of the hotel i was booked into who was obviously a Ohio State fan because he along with just about every one else i saw that day were wearing Buckeye colors .

I talked with this guy about the Buckeye connection that the Bills have had ( Whitner , Speilmen ) & the many others that have been in Bills blue .

I asked about Pryor & to my surprise he had mostly negative comments about him !! He said although the fans like his play he thought he was gods gift to all that is football & wasn't afraid to let any one know it around campus , so it really doesn't surprise me that he made a bunch of bad decisions & had all these new cars & such , especially with his "it's all about me" attitude .

So with that said i don't think he is a Bills type player even though he has talent that may be able to be tapped i would rather have some one that is more of a team guy & not all about him self & screw every one else because it would just turn out to be another Mcgahee :oops: : , Peters :doh: , Clements :w00t: , or who ever elses name you want to enter in this spot .

It doesnt matter what WE want. Or who WE want to drop. It means nothing. If Chan and Buddy want to take him and cut someone that WE want to keep, I'm behind it.

I am precisely thinking of them, and what they might do, when I ask that rhetorical. That's why I said stuff like don't say Thigpen because it's never going to happen.

I don't think it really matters that much. The Bills aren't exactly loaded with talent on offense and if they think Pryor can be an impact player at some point in the future, even if that means a year or two down the road, they can find a roster spot for him for now. Myself, I'd probably just keep two TEs instead of the usual three on the active roster, with a couple more on the practice squad in case someone gets hurt. I'm not sure they'd really be losing anything by doing that.

I probably wouldn't offer up anything more than a 6th rounder.

IMO, they already have to keep only two TEs on the roster without Pryor. Otherwise they have to cut Easley or Roosevelt. And I already think they're going to cut Davis even if they don't want to. I don't think people are looking at the big picture and actual roster. Chan already alluded to the fact he is going to have to cut players, maybe even mid to high draft choices of the last two years, because there are no spots for them. And he also reiterated if you are not ready to play, there is no room for you.

I'm glad they are doing their due diligence. I think Chan would love to have Pryor if he didn't have Brad Smith. If Smith goes down, Pryor is the kind of player he would likely go after so I think they should scout and keep an eye on him. I see no way they draft him and keep him on the active 53 man roster. Guys like Moats are already in danger of not having a job.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

I just heard Schlereth on the radio, who was covering Pryor's pro day. Said he ran a 4.36 40 yard dash, making him the second fastest quarterback of all time, only milliseconds behind Vick. Of course, he is much bigger and stronger than Vick. Pryor also supposedly said that he'd be open to playing another position aside from QB if that was what an NFL team wanted him to do. I'm still not sure if I'd take him given his baggage and that we already have numerous hybrid athletes. However, knowing Gailey and his preferences, I'm sure there is a lot of interesting conversation taking place at One Bills Drive about the possibility of selecting Pryor.

Also, this would in no way discourage me from hoping the Bills pick a qb high in next year's draft. IMO, you can never kick the tires on enough qbs.

You can when you already have three you are counting on and paying a lot (I'm counting on them extending Fitz), have no room on your roster for a #4, and cannot likely stash that QB on the PS (not to mention spending a draft choice on a guy). It would be much, much different if he was a Levi Brown or Josh Nesbitt you could place on the PS and not worry about it. But you probably can't with Pryor.

I was originally thinking no more than a 6th for him, but after today, I'd go down to a 5th. He is an exceptional athlete (that is unarguable) and adding more talent to this team can't hurt. He is purely a developmental project and I believe Gailey could do great things with him given a couple years of development.

I was originally thinking no more than a 6th for him, but after today, I'd go down to a 5th. He is an exceptional athlete (that is unarguable) and adding more talent to this team can't hurt. He is purely a developmental project and I believe Gailey could do great things with him given a couple years of development.

hopefully chan will have a few years to do things.

If this front office wants to add a young QB, then it ought to aim at getting a real pro-bowl, franchise QB, one who can take us all the way, and be good week in and out, and I think that is the position, more than anything, that we need to improve on to be serious contenders in the next few years; if that is the case, we should go and get one of the top 3 QB's coming out next year, each of which is reportedly franchise caliber. If we need one, and it has been 15 years since we've had an elite QB, then it is the only place to get one, and we've seen other teams get their guy over the past 5 years - it's time they did whatever they need to to get one, too.

Unless Gailey thinks he can make Pryor Vick level, or Newton level - otherwise, they've got to stop settling. Go and get the best options, period.