Bills shutting down Abbott Rd in front of the ralph

and 2 hours after the game. Also the stadium parking attendants will direct you to your "no choice" parking spot like at disney.There is supposed to be a better traffic exit plan after the game, but from what I see it looks the same as last year.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/130485/37/Bills-Fans-to-Notice-Game-Day-Traffic-Changes

Edited by Hammered a Lot

If they actually enforce the direction people can leave then traffic should flow smoother when leaving. From the links in the article, I can still get in the same way to the lot I use, but when I go to leave, I'm heading in the completely opposite direction that I usually go.

I would be really pissed if I still had season tickets and couldn't park where we wanted to in lot 2. Why would you force someone who gets there at 8 to take whatever crappy spot happens to be "next". That's what they do at Foxborough and it sucks. Why mess with the tailgating, it would definitely not be the same if we couldn't get our group parked together. I can see not allowing people to hold spots when you get close to game time, but what are they looking to accomplish by messing with the early arrivals.

"Something else being experimented with will be the "one car, one space" rule. This will take place in Lots 2 and 3. Cars entering those lots will be directed to the next available space. Officials say cars using those lots will no longer be able to park anywhere and then hold spots for their fellow tailgaiting friends who may show up at a later."

and 2 hours after the game. Also the stadium parking attendants will direct you to your "no choice" parking spot like at disney.There is supposed to be a better traffic exit plan after the game, but from what I see it looks the same as last year.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/130485/37/Bills-Fans-to-Notice-Game-Day-Traffic-Changes

so Eric, I turn on to Abbot off of 20A, could be from either direction depending if I pick anyone up. Park in your lot. Do I need to change my route?

What about the private lots and people who live there?

I know No one lives on the road at that section of road between the lots but there are lots, businesses and residences on either side.

I think this may impact ticket sales negatively.

Edited by BillsWatch

"The hope is to provide our fans a more efficient and safe trip to and from the facility," Brandon said later.

Take out the fun, increase the efficiency.

What about tailgaters who want to set up shop next to each other?

Team officials are advising them to rendezvous somewhere near the stadium and drive closely together, so they can park together.

Of course they won't have any room to tailgate because the spaces around them will be taken.

There certainly seems to be an increasing effort to water down the pre-game tailgating experience -- at least in stadium lots. Fans will adjust, but it seems as though the days of blocking off large areas for tailgating are gone.

For some people, getting in and out is a priority--not everyone tailgates; some people just want to watch the game. And even some people who tailgate want to do so before the game, but not afterwards. Lots 2 and 3 are for these people now; everyone else still has a wide variety of parking options. I don't think they've "ruined" or "watered down" anything at all--they've added an option for people who want to get out quickly after the game while preserving other lots for people who want to hang out afterwards.

I love how they are encouraging people to rendezvous somewhere before the game to ensure they can park close to eachother.... That works, I'll tell my friends from Springville to meet my friends from Batavia and me from the Niagara County to all meet in the same spot....

It's a good day to be a private lot owner...

And how is rendezvousing somewhere "near the stadium" supposed to alleviate traffic? Won't people be pulling over everywhere around the stadium and waiting for their friends to meet up with them so they can all attempt to enter the lot at once?

They may be thinking that people would be "rendezvousing" far away from the stadium (like several miles away) and then driving in together. But like 5 Wide said, if you're meeting with people from Batavia, Fredonia, and Niagara Falls, it's a little difficult to do that.

I have a few friends coming in from Syracuse and CNY, but we usually try and meet in Lockport, then we all drive in together. We may be in 3-4 cars, but we'll convoy in and gather in one of the private lots.

We almost took it to the Private lots this year once they came out with the 9am rule. Yeah I know an hour is not that big deal but it still p*ssed us off. We park in lot 5 right off of Southwestern & if they start directing traffic in that lot we will take our business to the private lot right before lot 5. The bills are just hurting themselves with these stupid rules. I can not believe that idiot Brandon does not see that. I guaranty they lose a ton of parking revenue because of this. With the product they have put out for the last 10 years, alot of people go for the tailgaiting. They should be gratefull anybody shows up at all.

We almost took it to the Private lots this year once they came out with the 9am rule. Yeah I know an hour is not that big deal but it still p*ssed us off. We park in lot 5 right off of Southwestern & if they start directing traffic in that lot we will take our business to the private lot right before lot 5. The bills are just hurting themselves with these stupid rules. I can not believe that idiot Brandon does not see that. I guaranty they lose a ton of parking revenue because of this. With the product they have put out for the last 10 years, alot of people go for the tailgaiting. They should be gratefull anybody shows up at all.

I really question whether people are buying $70 game tickets just for the tailgating. And if people who aren't going to the game are coming out to the lots to tailgate, well, encouraging them to stay home isn't such a bad idea. Just sayin'...

By the way, Brandon may be a lot of things, but I wouldn't classify him as an "idiot." Policies like this are being implemented league-wide in an effort to "clean up" the stadium environment, reduce public drunkenness, etc. And there is the very legitimate issue of trying to get people in and out of the stadium in a more efficient manner.

Funny how we characterize as "stupid" policies we ourselves don't like, regardless of their utility or the way in which they might enhance the experience for others.

I really question whether people are buying $70 game tickets just for the tailgating. And if people who aren't going to the game are coming out to the lots to tailgate, well, encouraging them to stay home isn't such a bad idea. Just sayin'...

By the way, Brandon may be a lot of things, but I wouldn't classify him as an "idiot." Policies like this are being implemented league-wide in an effort to "clean up" the stadium environment, reduce public drunkenness, etc. And there is the very legitimate issue of trying to get people in and out of the stadium in a more efficient manner.

Funny how we characterize as "stupid" policies we ourselves don't like, regardless of their utility or the way in which they might enhance the experience for others.

I hated this idea at first but the more I am hearing it debated the more I am coming around to agreeing with the opinion above.

If this policy can somehow lead to the more "hardcore parties" being segregated from the more "family friendly" people then I don't see how that is a terrible thing for either side.

From what I've heard, the Disney-style parking will only be (for now) in lots 2 & 3.

I did hear an interesting point on WGR this morning (no, really!)... In late December when they don't fill up the lots, you'll have half the lot crammed together and the other half totally empty.

I don't get how this style of parking facilitates an easier exit. People don't all leave at the same time. It's not like church where each pew leaves after the one behind it in an orderly fashion.

Okay I agree with that. But with that being said if they take the tailgating experience away I guaranty alot of people would not come.

It is not about just getting there & getting loaded. Myself & my group are at an age where we are past that. Do we like to drink sure. We never cause any problems though. It is about the tailgating where everybody has their routine & the Bills are trying to mess with this. I guaranty if you went to every game like we do & like other season ticket holders do, & have the same routine, park in the same spots, everybody know where the tailgate will be you would feel differently. They had the morning talk show about this subject & not one person, not one person called in & said they were happy with this. It easy for you to sit there in NC, & what do you go to maybe a game a year & comment & say how this is a good thing. Your opinion has no credibility on this subject since your not there every Sunday. It is easy to comment on something & say it is a good thing when it does not effect you. Ask The Philster or Pinto Ron on how they feel about these new rules & see what they have to say. Their the opinions that matter on this subject since they are directly being effected by this.

I hated this idea at first but the more I am hearing it debated the more I am coming around to agreeing with the opinion above.

If this policy can somehow lead to the more "hardcore parties" being segregated from the more "family friendly" people then I don't see how that is a terrible thing for either side.

They were saying on the radio today this is actually going to have the opposite effect. Now families are going to be funnelled in with the hardcore where in the old rules you could pick your spots & kind of avoid the hardcore tailgating if you so desire.

Edited by Gordio

"The hope is to provide our fans a more efficient and safe trip to and from the facility," Brandon said later.

Take out the fun, increase the efficiency.

Of course they won't have any room to tailgate because the spaces around them will be taken.

Brandon taking "fun" away from fans! You don't say! :o

As I predicted in the other threads, soon there will be no tailgates at all. There would seem to be no gain from allowing fans to cook food that they didn't buy from the Bills. Same thing wrt alcohol. And, how long before tobacco is banned in all lots?

Brandon should be fired immediately. He is an abject failure. Please, name me 1 thing this man has done for the franchise, other than contribute to building a losing team and taking away rights of fans.

Okay I agree with that. But with that being said if they take the tailgating experience away I guaranty alot of people would not come.

It is not about just getting there & getting loaded. Myself & my group are at an age where we are past that. Do we like to drink sure. We never cause any problems though. It is about the tailgating where everybody has their routine & the Bills are trying to mess with this. I guaranty if you went to every game like we do & like other season ticket holders do, & have the same routine, park in the same spots, everybody know where the tailgate will be you would feel differently. They had the morning talk show about this subject & not one person, not one person called in & said they were happy with this. It easy for you to sit there in NC, & what do you go to maybe a game a year & comment & say how this is a good thing. Your opinion has no credibility on this subject since your not there every Sunday. It is easy to comment on something & say it is a good thing when it does not effect you. Ask The Philster or Pinto Ron on how they feel about these new rules & see what they have to say. Their the opinions that matter on this subject since they are directly being effected by this.

Sorry to begin my response with a grammar/spelling lesson, but I believe the word you're looking for is "guarantee" -- a guaranty is a pledge to pay a debt.

That said -- while I live in NC now, I've been a ST holder for 21 years (still am) and when I lived in Buffalo I was at the stadium every week. I love tailgating and when I come back into town I join my friends at their tailgate -- in a private lot on Abbott. I know EXACTLY of what I speak. Yes, there are routines that will have to be adjusted, but people will find a way and this isn't the end of the world.

They were saying on the radio today this is actually going to have the opposite effect. Now families are going to be funnelled in with the hardcore where in the old rules you could pick your spots & kind of avoid the hardcore tailgating if you so desire.

That could very well be what ends up happening but my thought was that maybe this would eventually drive the crazier tailgating to alternate lots.

I am not arguing for this policy, just saying that IF that was the side effect of this then it might not be a bad thing.

Though I don't attend all the games anymore since I moved out of town, I do sympathize with the issue of not always having your tailgate be in the same spot. Sure you can meet up before going in but that doesn't help all the walk-overs we always seemed to have every week.

The satellite lots should definitely profit a little from this. I'm sure that is what we would have done 10 years ago when I still had seasons.