Bills shutting down Abbott Rd in front of the ralph

From what I've heard, the Disney-style parking will only be (for now) in lots 2 & 3.

I did hear an interesting point on WGR this morning (no, really!)... In late December when they don't fill up the lots, you'll have half the lot crammed together and the other half totally empty.

I don't get how this style of parking facilitates an easier exit. People don't all leave at the same time. It's not like church where each pew leaves after the one behind it in an orderly fashion.

I, too, want to make sure I understand the new and old rules: So LOT 1 you still can save spots and have people come and park where they please? OR, did the Parking Nazi's ADD Lots 2 and 3 to the Lot 1 rules? I know they made it more difficult to save spots in Lot 1 either last year or the past 2 years but people have been saving spots anyway. Whomever knows what's what please straighten me out on this. Thnx

I'm confused - does it really take people a long time to leave The Ralph? If so, you're doing it wrong or you haven't been to enough major events in larger cities...

Also, the entering from the south side to park on the South side / Enter on the North to park on the North, isn't a huge deal for those from WNY, but that could be really confusing for out-of-towners.

"I want to park at Hammer's Lot, but I got off on Mile Strip" - sorry, bro you need to take the longer loop down Mile Strip around the ECC campus and back up Big Tree.

I, too, want to make sure I understand the new and old rules: So LOT 1 you still can save spots and have people come and park where they please? OR, did the Parking Nazi's ADD Lots 2 and 3 to the Lot 1 rules? I know they made it more difficult to save spots in Lot 1 either last year or the past 2 years but people have been saving spots anyway. Whomever knows what's what please straighten me out on this. Thnx

Lot 1 is now a pre-pay lot. You have to have a pass to get into it, which you can buy on a single-game or season basis. Not sure they're parking Disney-style or not. I didn't think they were last year, and when it was half-full just before kickoff they started letting anyone in, pass or not.

Sorry to begin my response with a grammar/spelling lesson, but I believe the word you're looking for is "guarantee" -- a guaranty is a pledge to pay a debt.

That said -- while I live in NC now, I've been a ST holder for 21 years (still am) and when I lived in Buffalo I was at the stadium every week. I love tailgating and when I come back into town I join my friends at their tailgate -- in a private lot on Abbott. I know EXACTLY of what I speak. Yes, there are routines that will have to be adjusted, but people will find a way and this isn't the end of the world.

My apologies, I admire your dedication. My whole point is why do the Bills continue to insist on trying to fix something that is not broken for the most part?

I'm confused - does it really take people a long time to leave The Ralph? If so, you're doing it wrong or you haven't been to enough major events in larger cities...

Also, the entering from the south side to park on the South side / Enter on the North to park on the North, isn't a huge deal for those from WNY, but that could be really confusing for out-of-towners.

"I want to park at Hammer's Lot, but I got off on Mile Strip" - sorry, bro you need to take the longer loop down Mile Strip around the ECC campus and back up Big Tree.

Exactly, I always laugh when I hear this. I am out of lot 5 in 5-10 minutes & home usually by 4:30 or so. I live about 15 minutes away from the stadium.

Ya, I will use my one free parking ticket for being a returning season ticket holder, then Hammers lot it is! Enough is enough

I got a letter from the bills yesterday. No free parking coupon this year

Thanks WGR550 for mentioning "Hammer's Lot" on the radio this morning.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

I got a letter from the bills yesterday. No free parking coupon this year

Thanks WGR550 for mentioning "Hammer's Lot" on the radio this morning.

Really? I received mine the other day and it came with the free pass and the $5 off coupons

This could be a bad move by the Bills the actual football product has been so bad that a lot of people I know go primarily for the tailgating.

I have to agree.... I love watching the games but tailgating is half the experience of actually going.... I enjoy some drinks like most, love the food and shenanigans, and guarantee a decent percentage of tickets sold in the last decade went to people who said "well at least we have the tailgating"

I totally understand everyone's annoyances with this but one of the upshots is that there will hopefully be fewer car v. human encounters post game. Abbot was scary to cross after the game and I feel like a couple people a year would get picked off.

As for the tailgating, people will figure it out. The rules in Philly say 1 car per space, no public drinking etc. I was personally counseled by an on-duty Philadelphia police officer as to how to drink publicly in the lot without being bothered (they pester people with bottles and cans but never look in cups - pour your beer in a cup and you're golden). People will do whatever they need to do to have the tailgate they want to have. With social media technology you don't really need a pre-established spot next to pole whatever. You get there and tweet your location in whatever lot you pick and people come to you. Will the super elaborate set-ups that require multiple car loads of gear be more difficult? Sure, but I suspect those folks get there the second the lot opens anyway and traffic is negligible at that point so grouping up at say McKinley Mall and convoying over isn't that big a deal. Make it fun, make it a new part of your routine. Gather at point X and have breakfast then go over.

I know I sound like a shill but bitching about it isn't going to make it go away and realistically there aren't enough private lots to absorb all the cars. From what it sounds like they're only doing Disneyland parking in lots 2 and 3 anyway which leaves lot 5 and E open to do whatever you want. If they leave lot 5 that way it may actually work out better by creating one big tailgating lot for people who want to come super early and leave super late and creating other lots with a regulated less chaotic traffic flow for people who just want to get in and out without driving around and through the post-game tailgaters. The most conflicts I've ever had at a Bills game were around drunk people being pissed off that I was trying to drive somewhere to park my car or leave the lot to go home and my car interfered with their football toss or something.

Okay I agree with that. But with that being said if they take the tailgating experience away I guaranty alot of people would not come.

It is not about just getting there & getting loaded. Myself & my group are at an age where we are past that. Do we like to drink sure. We never cause any problems though. It is about the tailgating where everybody has their routine & the Bills are trying to mess with this. I guaranty if you went to every game like we do & like other season ticket holders do, & have the same routine, park in the same spots, everybody know where the tailgate will be you would feel differently. They had the morning talk show about this subject & not one person, not one person called in & said they were happy with this. It easy for you to sit there in NC, & what do you go to maybe a game a year & comment & say how this is a good thing. Your opinion has no credibility on this subject since your not there every Sunday. It is easy to comment on something & say it is a good thing when it does not effect you. Ask The Philster or Pinto Ron on how they feel about these new rules & see what they have to say. Their the opinions that matter on this subject since they are directly being effected by this.

They were saying on the radio today this is actually going to have the opposite effect. Now families are going to be funnelled in with the hardcore where in the old rules you could pick your spots & kind of avoid the hardcore tailgating if you so desire.

I don't think so. The "hardcore," assuming you mean big drinkers, will avoid those lots like the plague.

Sorry to begin my response with a grammar/spelling lesson, but I believe the word you're looking for is "guarantee" -- a guaranty is a pledge to pay a debt.

That said -- while I live in NC now, I've been a ST holder for 21 years (still am) and when I lived in Buffalo I was at the stadium every week. I love tailgating and when I come back into town I join my friends at their tailgate -- in a private lot on Abbott. I know EXACTLY of what I speak. Yes, there are routines that will have to be adjusted, but people will find a way and this isn't the end of the world.

Amen. This is more of a "something for everyone" than it is a "screw the hardcore tailgaters." The team left options open in other team-owned lots, and of course there are always independent lots like Hammer's, where even the league restrictions don't apply.

And how is rendezvousing somewhere "near the stadium" supposed to alleviate traffic? Won't people be pulling over everywhere around the stadium and waiting for their friends to meet up with them so they can all attempt to enter the lot at once?

We almost always have to do this at "away" games. It's a coordination nightmare when you're trying to put together a group tailgate for visiting fans.

At this year's Bills/Cowboys game we'll be tailgating in a private lot and just walking to the stadium.