Getting Some Love from Peter King

I'll read it, like I do every week. I usually don't agree with him, especially when he gets talking about the pats*. but having one of the team's more harsh critics say some good things about them is good. But he has had a lot man-love for kyle williams awhile now. Cant wait to see what the dareus/williams combo can do.

I was at Camp today, Dareus is a beast and Williams was wreaking havoc in team work. Merriman is big and looks like his old self.

Overall our defense just looks bigger. They hold the point of attack better for sure. We should be better against the run consistently this year

And hope for good health to these guys. I hope Gailey will continue to build good depth on this front 7 so that we don't see a major drop off in the play.

King was at training camp tweeted he was impressed by Brad Smith's arm, Williams and Dareus a load of trouble, and he ended with this is not a 4-12 team. Hopefully more in MMQB tommorrow morning.

Who cares about Brad Smith's arm, How about Fitzy.

And hope for good health to these guys. I hope Gailey will continue to build good depth on this front 7 so that we don't see a major drop off in the play.

We got Troupe, Heard and Jasper in the middle so we're good there.

I was at Camp today, Dareus is a beast and Williams was wreaking havoc in team work. Merriman is big and looks like his old self.

Overall our defense just looks bigger. They hold the point of attack better for sure. We should be better against the run consistently this year

The problem is that it's tough to know if this is because the Bills DL is strong or because the OL is weak.

The problem is that it's tough to know if this is because the Bills DL is strong or because the OL is weak.

So you think Wood and Levitre are weak in the middle?? Who is Williams beating - backups?

Meanwhile - I am pretty sure Williams was destroying other teams last year too - so I am pretty comfortable that it's him, not the OL.

Edited by BobChalmers

Who cares about Brad Smith's arm, How about Fitzy.

Fitz has been, well, Fitz. Most throws are pretty accurate and strong with the occasional "who the F was he throwing that too?" head scratcher.

I personally hate his 3/4 semi-sidearm delivery, but so far anyway he seems to be the Fitz from last season.

I think you are right, there is some of both going on.

But we will begin to find out shortly as the first preseason game is not far away.

Even though he probably wont respond, I had to check Mr. Peter King

Welborn9

@SI_PeterKing Guess that shows fitzpatrick hasnt quite arrived yet. Gets mentioned but the wrong picture is posted of him..#billsmafia

http://sportsillustr.../08/tour/2.html

Thanks.

Here's the link to page one of MMQB which has an extensive segment on Brad Smith.

"The Jets didn't get Asomugha, of course, and I asked Smith if he had any regrets, leaving a Super Bowl contender for a much lesser team. "Not at all. And I saw what happened with them not re-signing Jerricho [Cotchery], Shaun [Ellis] and Braylon [Edwards]. Things were changing there. And here, this might be a Super Bowl team too.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/08/tour/index.html

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Fitz has been, well, Fitz. Most throws are pretty accurate and strong with the occasional "who the F was he throwing that too?" head scratcher.

I personally hate his 3/4 semi-sidearm delivery, but so far anyway he seems to be the Fitz from last season.

I think you are right, there is some of both going on.

But we will begin to find out shortly as the first preseason game is not far away.

At least it's an improvement on last year where the OL looked pretty good in practice.

Heh.

Thanks.

Here's the link to page one of MMQB which has an extensive segment on Brad Smith.

"The Jets didn't get Asomugha, of course, and I asked Smith if he had any regrets, leaving a Super Bowl contender for a much lesser team. "Not at all. And I saw what happened with them not re-signing Jerricho [Cotchery], Shaun [Ellis] and Braylon [Edwards]. Things were changing there. And here, this might be a Super Bowl team too.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/08/tour/index.html

I love how PK's breathless anecdote describes Smith throwing a pass well short of Stevie Johnson. That's not exactly the kind of threat we're going for, Peter. I also like how he refers to Pittsford as a college town.

I'm probably the biggest Brad Smith Fan on the board considering I was at Mizzou during all 4 years he was our QB but he threw some of the worst wounded ducks I've ever seen (in college anyway). His ball never had that much zip on it.

Edited by Stl Bills

Sunday: Buffalo Bills, Pittsford, N.Y

Three quick practice observations on the Bills

1: Lots of teams can say when they spread the field that they're going to be difficult to handle. I saw it with my own eyes late Sunday afternoon. When the Bills line up in a five-wide formation, with Ryan Fitzpatrick in a shotgun, they go with Lee Evans and Stevie Johnson outside, David Nelson (second-year surprise from Florida), Roscoe Parrish and the heretofore unknown Donald Jones inside. (Jones, you can tell by being here, is a favorite of the coaches and the quarterback.) The reason this formation could be a major threat is because of the speed of Evans and Parrish, the over-the-top catching ability of Johnson and the physical nature of Jones and Nelson. Sometimes the Bills might use C.J. Spiller as one of the slot guys and they might line up Brad Smith in the shotgun instead of Fitzpatrick. Whatever they do, there are enough young weapons here to make the AFC East take notice.

2. Top draft pick Marcell Dareus might be one of the widest people ever to put on an NFL uniform. I was amazed to watch him from behind, next to one of my All-Pro defensive tackles from 2010, Kyle Williams. Williams, from the back, looks like 60 percent of Dareus, even though the weight difference is only about 50 pounds.

So far the two men whom the Bills hope will be playing alongside each other for the next six to eight years are getting along great. "I don't like guys who talk a lot before they do anything," Williams told me. "Marcell has come in with a great work ethic and hasn't asked for anything to be handed to him. Everybody here is really impressed with him. Plus, he's going to be very, very hard to move."

3. It looked to me like the Bills might be preparing to use Brad Smith more than the Jets did, if that's possible. Early on, the Bills have been highly impressed with the strength and accuracy of Smith's arm. "I don't know if he'll touch the ball four times in a game or 14," Chan Gailey told me. "All I know is he's going to get it a bunch."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/08/tour/index.html#ixzz1URgzInCr

Five guys I think you should really consider drafting:

1. Tim Hightower, RB, Washington, third round. Olandis Gary. Terrell Davis. Mike Anderson. Tim Hightower? Could be. He's got the one-cut running style and tackle-breaking ability Mike Shanahan loves. I'm not saying he'll turn into this year's Arian Foster -- he's going to have to beat out Ryan Torain first -- but I can tell you he's going to get every chance to win the job and be the main mail carrier for a team that's going to have to run the ball to have a chance.

2. Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh, seventh round. Mike Wallace will have been drafted much earlier. You'll need depth at receiver, and the chemistry between Ben Roethlisberger and this speedster from Central Michigan is getting very good.

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Buffalo, eighth round. He'll be the 21st quarterback taken, or somewhere in that vicinity, in your draft. That's too low. When you line up in a five-wide formation with the young talent the Bills have outside, you have a chance to put up good numbers. By the way, he averaged 231 passing yards a game last year, Tom Brady 243.

4. Donald Jones, WR, Buffalo, 12th round. The Bills are going to throw it a lot. Jones could be the second-most productive receiver to Stevie Johnson, with apologies to Lee Evans. Don't worry if you haven't heard of him. No one in your league has, either.

5. Jeremy Kerley, WR/KR, New York Jets, last round. At practice Wednesday, Kerley did an out-route right in front of me, caught the pass with his fingertips, diving, and got both feet inbounds, barely. What a catch. A Cris Carter, parallel-to-the-ground catch while making sure his feet touched green, not white.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/08/tour/index.html#ixzz1URhe3TH6

I would love to play fantasy football in a league with Peter King. This guy gives some of the absolute worst fantasy advice.

It has Fisher and Nazareth about 2 miles apart, id call that a college town

Having called Pittsford home during my highschool and college years, I wouldn't. True that Naz and Fisher are near, but the college crowd goes downtown to live and to have fun.

Until Maybin steps on the field.

Sorry. Couldn't resist

I would love to play fantasy football in a league with Peter King. This guy gives some of the absolute worst fantasy advice.

So true. Hightower in the 3rd round? Even if you like him as a sleeper, that's at least 5 rounds too high. Although I do like his idea of taking the #5 WR on a mediocre offense in the 12th round.

(Full disclosure: I may very well pick up Kerley in a non-PPR league that counts return yards, but only if he gets both KR & PR jobs, and only if I'm desperate.)