Tight End: Scott Chandler

Got_Wood

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they do as well. But I have to wonder why a guy who finished 2nd in Iowa history at TE hasn't caught even a single pass yet in the NFL? It's odd.

Doc is right--this guy has been in the league for years. Yet he's a ghost--not a fingerprint left on the league, get's cut before the season starts. 3 other teams (and twice by the Cowboys) already haven't found any of his talents. Where is all the great blocking, the speed, the catching everything thrown his way??

Doc is right--this guy has been in the league for years. Yet he's a ghost--not a fingerprint left on the league, get's cut before the season starts. 3 other teams (and twice by the Cowboys) already haven't found any of his talents. Where is all the great blocking, the speed, the catching everything thrown his way??

Sounds like a game changer to me. File him right next to Jasper.

Maybe he should try to concentrate to football rather than looking pretty while trying to seduce all the women on All My Children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Chandler_(All_My_Children)

Edited by kas23

Wasn't Chandler released from the Dallas, when the Bills put a claim on a Marcus Rucker TE from the Cowboys Practice Squad. Rather then losing Rucker to the Bills they activated Rucker to their 53 man roster and waived Chandler.

If he can block, the right side of the line needs all the help it can get.

Wasn't Chandler released from the Dallas, when the Bills put a claim on a Marcus Rucker TE from the Cowboys Practice Squad. Rather then losing Rucker to the Bills they activated Rucker to their 53 man roster and waived Chandler.

If he can block, the right side of the line needs all the help it can get.

From memory, that sounds about right.

I never really saw any "fast" out of him. I just looked at his draft numbers, he ran 4.78 and 4.87 (combine/pro-day) in the 40 4.5 years ago. Not bad for a guy his size, but it's not like he's going to be flying by LB's. The Bills O line could use some blocking help, so If he knows how to use his size blocking and can use his height in the red zone, then he should get his shot...

Fast as in 4.8 or so at 6'7" -272 pounds! He's not running by safeties, he's running over them at a good clip!

Scott Chandler's coming out party -- Sunday, October 2, 2011.

Fast as in 4.8 or so at 6'7" -272 pounds! He's not running by safeties, he's running over them at a good clip!

4.8 Is fast enough and at that size he'll be an awesome red zone target!!! (which we could use) With the speed and talent we have on offense we don't necessarily need a TE to stretch the field. A good blocking TE with some decent hands and some size that'll create a mismatch nightmare in the middle of the field will do perfectly!!!!!!!!! Great pick up IMO!!!!!

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 270 lbs

College: Iowa

Stats: In his last college season had 591 yards receiving with 6 TDs. Ranked 2nd in his schools history with 117 receptions for 1,467 yards and 10 touchdowns.

2007 Draft: Selected in the 4th round by the San Diego Chargers.

Check out his draft report from 2007. This guy has a lot more skill at tight end than anyone we've had on this roster in a while. He was the 4th ranked TE in his draft class (ranked ahead of Kevin Boss and Matt Spaeth, and just below Zach Miller and Greg Olsen), not unlike Shawne Nelson who was also the 4th ranked TE in his own draft class.

Now he hasn't done anything as a pro, but it will be interesting to see if Chan can turn this guys career around. Between him and Nelson, I hope either one of these guys shows at least a little bit of the potential they flashed coming out of college.

I have said on here 3 or 4 times that I think Chandler will do well for us and is why we haven't gone after a TE this offseason. Really think we are going to surprise this year and go 10 - 6 GO BILLS!!!

I think they do as well. But I have to wonder why a guy who finished 2nd in Iowa history at TE hasn't caught even a single pass yet in the NFL? It's odd.

If you think about it, he had to play behind Antonio Gates, Kevin Boss, and Jason Witten. So, I guess it was an uphill battle on each team he played on. It looks like Gailey's going to give him a chance. I'd love to see him step up!

I fully expect Nelson to be cut. If they only keep two TEs, it will probably be Chandler and Martin. If they keep three, look for Pianalto (UDFA from UNC) to sneak in there.

According to ProFootballFocus Premium, the Bills TE's, including Chandler/Martin had the best thrown to/reception percentage in the NFL. Not thrown to a lot, but they caught it when Fitzy threw it.

According to ProFootballFocus Premium, the Bills TE's, including Chandler/Martin had the best thrown to/reception percentage in the NFL. Not thrown to a lot, but they caught it when Fitzy threw it.

Reminds me of Butch Rolle, usually had about 5 catches per season all for touchdowns.

BTW Astro thanks for all the great info you provide. :thumbsup:

[quote I fully expect Nelson to be cut. If they only keep two TEs, it will probably be Chandler and Martin. If they keep three, look for Pianalto (UDFA from UNC) to sneak in there.

I hope not, I'm still optimistic that Shawn will be able to produce some kind of play-making ability, I mean they've waited on Maybin this far they might as well wait and see this season with him also. It just seems like he can't get on the practice field, and CB never reports what why hes sitting out...does anyone have any insight?

Yes, he has ability. He isn't the typical Bills over achieviing h-back type, he could be very good.

He also could be nothing. This can be said of a lot of Bills players. Too many. You just can't go into the season every year expecting 3-4 of these type of guys to emerge on both sides of the ball.

I think you are underselling his talent a bit, he can catch the ball and is a big target.

He didn't catch on in Dallas or SD where they already have premier TE's, if he can play at a decent NFL level he could be a huge help on the offense for Fitz as a good TE can be the QB's best friend.

This kid could be the answer at TE...or not. Time will tell