Stroud

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL network just showed Marcus Stoud was one of our key losses this year. :doh: But they did say we would surprise :thumbsup:

I thought this was going to be a post about Marcus Stroud coming back. *phew* got scared for a second there.

I was a fan of his, but he just doesn't work in the 3-4. I hope he signs with someone in a 4-3 and plays the middle again well. It's a shame how things worked with him here and especially a shame how things worked out when he signed with New Englad.

I liked Stroud. He was a "team player". Unfortunately for him, he didn't adjust very well to the new scheme. Kind of like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Too bad, he was a good player.

I liked Stroud. He was a "team player". Unfortunately for him, he didn't adjust very well to the new scheme. Kind of like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Too bad, he was a good player.

lol I know what you mean but you got that backwards. The saying is fitting a "round peg into a square hole". It is because a round peg doesn't fit into the square hole because the round peg is bigger because it is round. Of course a square peg would fit into a round hole because a circle is bigger than a square. :doh:

lol I know what you mean but you got that backwards. The saying is fitting a "round peg into a square hole". It is because a round peg doesn't fit into the square hole because the round peg is bigger because it is round. Of course a square peg would fit into a round hole because a circle is bigger than a square. :doh:

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but the saying is "you can't force a square peg into a round hole". So far as your analysis, it all depends on the size of the peg and the hole. If you had a round peg with the same diameter as the length (and of course the width) of a square, the square is bigger. Of course, if the diameter of the round peg is the same as the diagonal of the square, then the circle is bigger.

It's my understanding that the expression more refers to it's not a comfortable fit to have a square peg in a round hole than to mean that it can't be done. See Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_peg_in_a_round_hole

In any case, I agree, Stroud is a class act who doesn't fit the 3-4.

Marcus Stroud was so valuable he was picked up by another team and than cut, and is a free agent but is a "key loss" on one of the worst defenses in the league the last few years, and considering he was playing a position he's not suited to play this matters why?

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but the saying is "you can't force a square peg into a round hole". So far as your analysis, it all depends on the size of the peg and the hole. If you had a round peg with the same diameter as the length (and of course the width) of a square, the square is bigger. Of course, if the diameter of the round peg is the same as the diagonal of the square, then the circle is bigger.

It's my understanding that the expression more refers to it's not a comfortable fit to have a square peg in a round hole than to mean that it can't be done. See Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_peg_in_a_round_hole

It's really no big deal but you have it backwards. Think about it. A circle is round so its sides protrude out farther than the straight line boundaries of a square. There isn't really a way to fit a round peg through a square hole. The other way around, the corners all fit in neatly and you can jam it through.

It's really no big deal but you have it backwards. Think about it. A circle is round so its sides protrude out farther than the straight line boundaries of a square. There isn't really a way to fit a round peg through a square hole. The other way around, the corners all fit in neatly and you can jam it through.

What?

Geez dude just try it at home. :wallbash:

But what if the circle is shaped like a football and you stand it on its end, wouldn't it fit then?

I tried it at home and it worked.

U 2 could fit in quite nicly at GR 550. Seems 2 b on par with most of the discussions tacking place on that station. Gggggeeee n i thought it was supposed to b sports talk!

The saying around here is don't feed the crayonz.

a lot of people on this board say how 'bad' stroud was. the guy was very solid. He isn't a 3-4 DE. But he played very well when back at his 3 tech position. The guy is good. He's getting old, but he would be an excellent 1st and 2nd down player in a 4-3. I expect him with DJ in Cleveland, or maybe a backup/mentor to Fairley/Suh. I personally am a big fan of stroud and henderson. they were a nasty duo for a long, long time in Jax.