The Sporting News

First of all, this is a power poll/ranking, not a prediction of who ends up with the first pick of the 2012 draft.

The guy is just saying he thinks the Bills are the weakest team and the biggest need is QB...which I also happen to disagree with. Until their run D actually shows us something, that's the weakest part of the team.

Besides, as others have said, there are teams with more question marks than the Bills.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is a good backup thats all.He is not a #1 QB.You better hope we come in last.Because thats the only way we'll get a franchise QB.You know the one we've been looking for since 1997? Other than that we'll get another levi brown.You know the project he was so high on but then cut him before the season even started.Our front office sucks.

Whoever says we can't get to 9 wins this year.. Below is the schedule and there are 9 win able games on there, I think we go between 8-8 and 10-6..Our first two games are very win able, the bye week is perfect because we can prepare for Washington and the Jets that week..The one game I think we may steal is the Cowboys game..No way we end up last, more towards the middle of the pack..

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs Win

09/18 Oakland Raiders Win

09/25 New England Patriots Loss

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals Win

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles Loss

10/16 @ New York Giants Loss

10/23 Bye BYE

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) Win

11/06 New York Jets Win

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys Loss

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins Win

11/27 @ New York Jets Loss

12/04 Tennessee Titans Win

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers Loss

12/18 Miami Dolphins Win

12/24 Denver Broncos Win

1/01 @ New England Patriots Loss

Yes, if nothing else, the Bills have a rich history of beating the teams we imagine they are better than, in August! :rolleyes:

In a bizarre way, its win win for us. IF Fitz is ok, we win 7-8 games and wont have to draft a QB. If he blows, then we'll draft high and take one.

I'm not sure I agree. If Fitz is just OK this year and they win 7 games wouldn't we still look at QB next year? Would you want "just OK" from the most important position on the team heading in to the future? I think we draft QB next year unless Fitz has an amazing year. I just don't seem him doing that...

The writer likely knows nothing about the Bills. They will definitely not finish last this season. These writers are often no more knowledgeable than the people who post here. I know little about many of the teams. I couldn't tell you a thing about the direction of say, the Jacksonville Jaguars, just that they suck and are excited to get Poz. The league is always shifting, with once great players becoming average, and average becoming crap. The Bills are on an upward trend, and even if Fitz goes down they have an at least capable backup in Thigs. My pick for last? Denver.

Fitz is a good backup thats all.He is not a #1 QB.You better hope we come in last.Because thats the only way we'll get a franchise QB.You know the one we've been looking for since 1997? Other than that we'll get another levi brown.You know the project he was so high on but then cut him before the season even started.Our front office sucks.

Yeah, we better come in last so we can get Alex Smith and not risk getting stuck with Aaron Rodgers at the bottom of the round. If we get Rothlisberger instead of Eli we will set this franchise back a decade. The #1 pick QB stuff is done and over. Sometimes good, but not always necessary. And rooting for your team to tank is not an effective way to build a winning franchise. No one draft player is sure enough to be valuable enough to have the negative impact of a losing miserable season for the team.

Prediction, Fitzpatrick gets us back to the playoffs as our starter, but is not the starter when we win the Super Bowl :)

I've already called dibs on a front row seat to watch Andrew Luck's draft value PLUMMET.

I've also called dibs on being the first to say I told you so.

And not because he didn't declare when he was hot, but because he could NEVER live up to the hype and expectations that threads like these and aaaaaaaaaaaall the insufferable ball washing that's come before assume as certainty.

It reminds me of all the hype surrounding Peyton Manning when he chose to return to Tennessee for his senior year instead of being a lock for number one overall. That didn't work out too well for him, did it?

It reminds me of all the hype surrounding Brian Brohm and countless others when they chose to return to their respective colleges for their senior years instead of being a lock for number one overall. That didn't work out too well for them, did it?

No, it didn't.

Edited by The Big Cat

The writer likely knows nothing about the Bills. They will definitely not finish last this season. These writers are often no more knowledgeable than the people who post here. I know little about many of the teams. I couldn't tell you a thing about the direction of say, the Jacksonville Jaguars, just that they suck and are excited to get Poz. The league is always shifting, with once great players becoming average, and average becoming crap. The Bills are on an upward trend, and even if Fitz goes down they have an at least capable backup in Thigs. My pick for last? Denver.

Anyone who doesn't know the Bills >> Redskins, Raiders, Jags, and Phish this year is not paying attention. The 'Skins are actually excited about John Beck at QB, for heaven's sake! Raiders defense will be exposed badly having lost their lockdown CB.

We were already better than Miami by the end of last year - do you really think Bush is still a difference maker?

Edited by BobChalmers

Anyone who doesn't know the Bills >> Redskins, Raiders, Jags, and Phish this year is not paying attention. The 'Skins are actually excited about John Beck at QB, for heaven's sake! Raiders defense will be exposed badly having lost their lockdown CB.

We were already better than Miami by the end of last year - do you really think Bush is still a difference maker?

What about the train wreck that is the Cincinnati Bengals?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-02/nfl-power-poll-eagles-may-rule-offseason-but-packers-still-team-to-beat

I for one disagree. They think the problem is at QB. I just don't think that Fitz is that bad and hope that he lasts the season.

This is a totally absurd piece. Paul Posluszny being described as our biggest loss and no mention of Nick Barnett as an addition. Look the Bills had a bad season last year. Lazy reporters assume the same. :wallbash:

Dallas

Denver

Cinci

Miami

Seattle

Was.

Car.

Jax

Oak

SF

Cle.

Will ALL draft before Bufffalo

Book it!

Dunno about the Seahawks - they made some nice moves and play in literally the worst division in the history of the NFL. They could easily get more wins than the Bills even w/o being a better team.

Fitz will not need to try so hard to carry the team like last year, so he might well improve if he can develop patience. He tossed a LOT of high risk stuff last year i thought. Maybe he did have to just to have a chance?

The defense is going to be good this year if we can keep enough players healthy.

I really wonder how the 1st round drafted qb will fare this year. Maybe first rounders really is not all it used to be or cracked up to be.

also it sounds as if we are changing up our offensive style and Luck may not be the best fit. No matter we wont have a shot unless we trade up, and we dont do that.

Best or worst part is we are going to be too good this year. Damnit!

Edited by 3rdand12

If you look at what the Bills did last year, they almost won 7 games and should have. I know would've could've should've. I predicted the Bills 8-8 last year with a few surprises. They came up short but have improved greatly. I see the Bills being a much better team this year and really belive better than 6-10. I'm not saying playoffs, but much better than last year. I'm glad they are predicted to be last because they have no better place to go but up. The defense will be much more improved and what gets me is everyone keeps counting them out. The Bills simply wont get good evaluation until they win more and get a new owner who will change his spending habbits. Just a fact of life in Bills nation

I so F----G sick of reading s--t like this year after year. They did not amost win 7. They won 4. Silly to say that. False optimism.