The Sporting News

I know you think you've got total street cred cause you're from South Central, straight outta Compton, but you have no right to judge us. List all the gang afilliations you want but we're not intimidated. I don't care if you run with the Skins or used to bang with the Eagles, we got gangs too. Ever heard of the 5th Street Kielbasa Boys or the Polish Queens or the 4H? They own these streets!

DUDE U LEFT OFF THE SPRINGTUCKY DONKEYS!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://aol.sportingn...ll-team-to-beat

I for one disagree. They think the problem is at QB. I just don't think that Fitz is that bad and hope that he lasts the season.

They might have a point about QB, but its not the QB play that is the problem. No upgrades yet for the line or TE, so we will see if Fitz or Tyler can survive the season.

Week 3 against the Patriots....:o

The hype surrounding Brohm and "countless others," whom you fail to mention by name, comes nowhere close to the hype surrounding Luck. And my "fixed" post wasn't even all that amusing.

The big puss is among the worst posters on TSW but changing a post and not acknowledging that you changed it is out of bounds. That's kinda' psycho-can't......control.......my.......emotions....... batshite crazy actually. Anyway, you can include Sam Bradford in this conversation. He was chastised for passing on being a possible first overall pick and then getting injured. He ended up #1 anyway. I don't think Luck is the passer that Manning or Bradford are but he is the type of player who is more than likely to hold his postion. The guy has the tangibles and the intangibles.

I so F----G sick of reading s--t like this year after year. They did not amost win 7. They won 4. Silly to say that. False optimism.

Yeah, and I like how he says they "fell short" of his 8-8 prediction. Short? They started out 0-8! :lol:

Nothing changes the fact that Luck was out of his mind for not coming out in the year he was certain to be the #1 overall.

Someone gave him stupid advice, or he was too stupid to listen to good advice.

You can't get taken higher than #1 overall, and nothing he could learn in college is going to matter next to his NFL career. Anyone can go back to school later in life. It's especially easy with many tens of millions of dollars in hand.

Stupid Stupid Stupid.

The hype surrounding Brohm and "countless others," whom you fail to mention by name, comes nowhere close to the hype surrounding Luck. And my "fixed" post wasn't even all that amusing.

Comparing Luck to Manning was asinine.

It's like making the Hitler argument, bro.

Not at all BC. Remember that Luck hasn't even played a down in his senior year yet. He is the odds on favorite to win the Heisman and Stanford has a good shot at the National Title.

Manning wasn't even the consensus #1 coming out. Luck would've been the #1 last year and is a lock again this year.

I can't believe people are actually hoping to finish dead last in the league to get Andrew Luck. How can we consider ourselves to be great fans if 25% of us are hoping we suck!?! Is this an indication of how miserable people from WNY are on a regular basis? I live in South Central PA, surrounded by Eagles, Skins, Ravens, and Steeler fans and none of them talk this negatively (or hope for the worst) about their team. No wonder we are a laughing stock!

I understand not everyone feels this way, but it makes me sick to read some of these posts.

/soapbox

:thumbsup: I am right there with you ... living in South Jersey where every Eagles' fan even in their losing seasons has always felt in the preseason like this was going to be THE BIG YEAR ... now, yes they do boo Santa Claus but they are eternal optimists with their Eagles!

After reading posts here all this time I really think that a significant percentage are not really fans but are instead the same people who love to shout down anyone who disagrees with them. All too many eternal pessimists ..

We haven't played a single preseason game ... Buddy and Chan have only been with us for one season and they didn't create the mess. So, Spiller wasn't the league's MVP last year ... not every star has a great rookie year (Not saying he will be a star but if you look around at players in the league there are many stars who took 2,3,4 years to mature into the players they finally became.). To me being a fan is being hopeful at the start of a season for things to come together for the best ... and believe me I catch it from my Eagles' friends when the Bills don't succeed and I am sure you do too but I remain a Bills' fan and even in the worst seasons have always had hope they might win each week. I was happy with the new attitude the Bills showed last year under Gailey and it seems that players are again feeling good about the Bills' organization.

So, I can't wait to see the team in the practice games and am counting the days to the home opener when I'll be making the drive up to THE RALPH to cheer on my Bills ... hopefully to their second win of the new season!

It's like making the Hitler argument, bro.

Man up and make your own statements. Don't "fix" others' quotes.

And the comparison is hardly asinine. It's actually quite appropriate. And not even close to the "Hitler argument."

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Luck doesn't go #1 next year. This has happened in the past. Once as others have noted to Brian Brohm - if he'd come out as a junior he'd have gone top 5 and maybe #1 overall. He had a coaching/system change and struggled as a senior and dropped all the way into the second round. Luck doesn't play in an easy conference at all and the change of coaching staff is not a plus for his draft status. If he struggles this year the questions will pop up and if another QB like Barkley, who plays in the same conference against comparable competition, outshines him I could see Luck getting passed over on draft day. Luck as #1 QB let alone #1 overall is far from a done deal.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Luck doesn't go #1 next year. This has happened in the past. Once as others have noted to Brian Brohm - if he'd come out as a junior he'd have gone top 5 and maybe #1 overall. He had a coaching/system change and struggled as a senior and dropped all the way into the second round. Luck doesn't play in an easy conference at all and the change of coaching staff is not a plus for his draft status. If he struggles this year the questions will pop up and if another QB like Barkley, who plays in the same conference against comparable competition, outshines him I could see Luck getting passed over on draft day. Luck as #1 QB let alone #1 overall is far from a done deal.

Andrew Luck's father mentored him. Does anyone remember how B-A-D Oliver Luck was? And his kid is going #1 overall? I think NFL GMs are smarter than that.

Nothing changes the fact that Luck was out of his mind for not coming out in the year he was certain to be the #1 overall.

Someone gave him stupid advice, or he was too stupid to listen to good advice.

You can't get taken higher than #1 overall, and nothing he could learn in college is going to matter next to his NFL career. Anyone can go back to school later in life. It's especially easy with many tens of millions of dollars in hand.

Stupid Stupid Stupid.

It's only stupid if your primary motivation is to get rich quick.

If he's an honorable kid who feels compelled to finish what he started and has the wisdom and patience to recognize that he can be rich next year, then it is a reasonable and even admirable decision.

Not everybody allows their lives to be ruled by the pursuit of money.

Fitz is a good backup thats all.He is not a #1 QB.You better hope we come in last.Because thats the only way we'll get a franchise QB.You know the one we've been looking for since 1997? Other than that we'll get another levi brown.You know the project he was so high on but then cut him before the season even started.Our front office sucks.

There are plenty of QBs next year if we need them so coming in last is not necessary nor is it good for our team. Do you want to continually suck or start getting better?

It's only stupid if your primary motivation is to get rich quick.

If he's an honorable kid who feels compelled to finish what he started and has the wisdom and patience to recognize that he can be rich next year, then it is a reasonable and even admirable decision.

Not everybody allows their lives to be ruled by the pursuit of money.

This is exactly what Jake Locker did, he wanted to graduate and finish what he started with his fellow teammates, very admirable IMO. Kinda why I like Locker and his high character over Cam Newton

The writer likely knows nothing about the Bills. They will definitely not finish last this season. These writers are often no more knowledgeable than the people who post here. I know little about many of the teams. I couldn't tell you a thing about the direction of say, the Jacksonville Jaguars, just that they suck and are excited to get Poz. The league is always shifting, with once great players becoming average, and average becoming crap. The Bills are on an upward trend, and even if Fitz goes down they have an at least capable backup in Thigs. My pick for last? Denver.

this x100.

anyone who can claim to know everything about every team in the league is reaching.

obviously the bills are getting better, and trending up. no way we finish dead last. can't predict our win total, but i would assume closer to .500 than 4-12.

I dont know where its obvious the bills are getting better? We signed two high risk high reward players on Def, we lost a SS and replaced him with no one, our O line is not better and we have a scrap heap backfield.

Yes its possible these players progress from their performance last year, but that happens on every friggin team in the league.

:thumbsup: I am right there with you ... living in South Jersey where every Eagles' fan even in their losing seasons has always felt in the preseason like this was going to be THE BIG YEAR ... now, yes they do boo Santa Claus but they are eternal optimists with their Eagles!

Eagles fans are bad human beings. Liking the Eagles doesn't make one bad, it just so happens that bad people are attracted to the Eagles for whatever reason. If you were on a bus full of strangers, it would be easy to pick out the Eagles fan because he would be the one hitting you in the face with a hammer. Whether its booing Santa Claus, booing their draft picks, cheering when Irvin was temporarily paralyzed, breaking Chief Wahoo's leg, the crowded jail cell in the basement of the old Vet, or the way they run their star players out of town, Iggles fans get to write it all off as "we're just passionate fans," and then send me some SI article from 15 years ago which names Philly fans the most informed in the league. Let's stop with the BS. Iggles fandom is hardly the gold standard.

Not at all BC. Remember that Luck hasn't even played a down in his senior year yet. He is the odds on favorite to win the Heisman and Stanford has a good shot at the National Title.

Manning wasn't even the consensus #1 coming out. Luck would've been the #1 last year and is a lock again this year.

One could argue that the hype machine now, compared to 15 years ago--during Manning's time--is 100 times more extreme. I would be one of those people. You're right, Luck has yet to play a down as a senior. He's also yet to play a down as a junior. To say he's going to be a success in the NFL is wildly pre-emptive, IMO. To crown him savior of the Bills franchise is wildly asinine. To do so before we even had a preseason snap THIS year, Luck's JUNIOR year is just a plain, old fashioned waste of brain.

Man up and make your own statements. Don't "fix" others' quotes.

And the comparison is hardly asinine. It's actually quite appropriate. And not even close to the "Hitler argument."

Man up?

I've written volumes on this board--to much resistance--about this ludicrous Andrew Luck campaign. Everything from stats comparison, to media coverage, to rabid, unsettled and impatient fan mobs resorting to Pavlovian near-fatal idiocy whenever Luck's name is mentioned.

And yes, to compare a kid who's played two years of college football to arguably one of the greatest QB's of all time is, unequivocally asinine--a Hitler argument if ever there was one.

One could argue that the hype machine now, compared to 15 years ago--during Manning's time--is 100 times more extreme. I would be one of those people. You're right, Luck has yet to play a down as a senior. He's also yet to play a down as a junior. To say he's going to be a success in the NFL is wildly pre-emptive, IMO. To crown him savior of the Bills franchise is wildly asinine. To do so before we even had a preseason snap THIS year, Luck's JUNIOR year is just a plain, old fashioned waste of brain.

Man up?

I've written volumes on this board--to much resistance--about this ludicrous Andrew Luck campaign. Everything from stats comparison, to media coverage, to rabid, unsettled and impatient fan mobs resorting to Pavlovian near-fatal idiocy whenever Luck's name is mentioned.

And yes, to compare a kid who's played two years of college football to arguably one of the greatest QB's of all time is, unequivocally asinine--a Hitler argument if ever there was one.

The comparison is to the hype surrounding them in college, not Luck now vs. Manning after 13 NFL seasons and a HOF career. I thought my post was obvious. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time altering what I said you would have comprehended it better.

The comparison is to the hype surrounding them in college, not Luck now vs. Manning after 13 NFL seasons and a HOF career. I thought my post was obvious. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time altering what I said you would have comprehended it better.

Dude, this isn't a newspaper. Why are you so hung up on me altering your quote? It's a snarky little gimmick that's used around here quite often. Get over it.

And don't try and back track on your intent in invoking Manning in the first place.

You said something silly on a message board, move on. It's really not that big of a deal. If it was, we wouldn't be squabbling over the subversive way I went about saying--essentially--"Luck, Manning? C'mon, dude."

We're family! GO BILLS!