The Sporting News

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-02/nfl-power-poll-eagles-may-rule-offseason-but-packers-still-team-to-beat

I for one disagree. They think the problem is at QB. I just don't think that Fitz is that bad and hope that he lasts the season.

Cincy and Washington are easily worse teams than us and both are desperate for QB's. I'm not even thinking about Luck right now.

<0% chance we wind up dead last this year.

I wouldn't go that far, but I agree. I've been a Bills fan for long enough to know that they could never get that lucky. I really think they have the makings of a good young roster and if I was pressed and had to be as objective as possible, I'd say they win 6 games this year. Not what it takes to get Luck.

If you look at what the Bills did last year, they almost won 7 games and should have. I know would've could've should've. I predicted the Bills 8-8 last year with a few surprises. They came up short but have improved greatly. I see the Bills being a much better team this year and really belive better than 6-10. I'm not saying playoffs, but much better than last year. I'm glad they are predicted to be last because they have no better place to go but up. The defense will be much more improved and what gets me is everyone keeps counting them out. The Bills simply wont get good evaluation until they win more and get a new owner who will change his spending habbits. Just a fact of life in Bills nation

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-02/nfl-power-poll-eagles-may-rule-offseason-but-packers-still-team-to-beat

I for one disagree. They think the problem is at QB. I just don't think that Fitz is that bad and hope that he lasts the season.

I think you are right. If we take a CB instead of a QB we will be much better off. Think of it this way:

A CB is like a laser beam. He is quick, focused and devastating. A QB is more like a rifle. Sure, he can be devastating but he is not always on target and not as precise as sometimes necessary. Sometimes the rifle is rendered ineffective by a laser taking him out. A rifle is focused sometimes but when lasers are darting all around the rifleman can get flustered. Much like you, I say laser 2012.

Whoever says we can't get to 9 wins this year.. Below is the schedule and there are 9 win able games on there, I think we go between 8-8 and 10-6..Our first two games are very win able, the bye week is perfect because we can prepare for Washington and the Jets that week..The one game I think we may steal is the Cowboys game..No way we end up last, more towards the middle of the pack..

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs Win

09/18 Oakland Raiders Win

09/25 New England Patriots Loss

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals Win

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles Loss

10/16 @ New York Giants Loss

10/23 Bye BYE

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) Win

11/06 New York Jets Win

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys Loss

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins Win

11/27 @ New York Jets Loss

12/04 Tennessee Titans Win

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers Loss

12/18 Miami Dolphins Win

12/24 Denver Broncos Win

1/01 @ New England Patriots Loss

I've already called dibs on a front row seat to watch Andrew Luck's draft value PLUMMET.

I've also called dibs on being the first to say I told you so.

And not because he didn't declare when he was hot, but because he could NEVER live up to the hype and expectations that threads like these and aaaaaaaaaaaall the insufferable ball washing that's come before assume as certainty.

I think you are right. If we take a CB instead of a QB we will be much better off. Think of it this way:

A CB is like a laser beam. He is quick, focused and devastating. A QB is more like a rifle. Sure, he can be devastating but he is not always on target and not as precise as sometimes necessary. Sometimes the rifle is rendered ineffective by a laser taking him out. A rifle is focused sometimes but when lasers are darting all around the rifleman can get flustered. Much like you, I say laser 2012.

How about a safety? Have to replace Donte somehow.

I can't believe people are actually hoping to finish dead last in the league to get Andrew Luck. How can we consider ourselves to be great fans if 25% of us are hoping we suck!?! Is this an indication of how miserable people from WNY are on a regular basis? I live in South Central PA, surrounded by Eagles, Skins, Ravens, and Steeler fans and none of them talk this negatively (or hope for the worst) about their team. No wonder we are a laughing stock!

I understand not everyone feels this way, but it makes me sick to read some of these posts.

/soapbox

I can't believe people are actually hoping to finish dead last in the league to get Andrew Luck. How can we consider ourselves to be great fans if 25% of us are hoping we suck!?! Is this an indication of how miserable people from WNY are on a regular basis? I live in South Central PA, surrounded by Eagles, Skins, Ravens, and Steeler fans and none of them talk this negatively (or hope for the worst) about their team. No wonder we are a laughing stock!

I understand not everyone feels this way, but it makes me sick to read some of these posts.

/soapbox

Your typical response to this will be that the Eagles, Skins, Ravens and Steelers are all better teams and thats why they don't think the same way.

You will also get responses telling you that teh team has been so bad for so long that its teh reasaon why fans would think this way (its good for the team to come in dead last)

You also have to remember that its "Self-appointed" greatest fans, thats a title that every team has. I doubt the team with the true "Greatest Fans" don't wish that the owner would die, coaches be fired every offseason because they haven't turned the team around in the one year they have been in charge, Praise a player one week for making a great play and then run them out of town the next week making them their new whipping boy, Complain because the owner won't make a couple million a season selling naming rights to the stadium yet complain that when they sell one game a year to a location about an hour away and make multi millions,and whine and cry every year that they don't spend like they were the Cowboys or Redskins while enjoying the cheapest tickets in the league

I've already called dibs on a front row seat to watch Andrew Luck's draft value PLUMMET.

I've also called dibs on being the first to say I told you so.

And not because he didn't declare when he was hot, but because he could NEVER live up to the hype and expectations that threads like these and aaaaaaaaaaaall the insufferable ball washing that's come before assume as certainty.

I 100% agree that his stock is going to drop, but I believe that the biggest contributor to that will be the loss of Harbaugh at coach.

/soapbox

I know you think you've got total street cred cause you're from South Central, straight outta Compton, but you have no right to judge us. List all the gang afilliations you want but we're not intimidated. I don't care if you run with the Skins or used to bang with the Eagles, we got gangs too. Ever heard of the 5th Street Kielbasa Boys or the Polish Queens or the 4H? They own these streets!

We wont be bad enough to draft him and I think Fitz is one of those late bloomers that is going to excel from here on out like Jim Plunket.