The Sporting News

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are right. If we take a CB instead of a QB we will be much better off. Think of it this way:

A CB is like a laser beam. He is quick, focused and devastating. A QB is more like a rifle. Sure, he can be devastating but he is not always on target and not as precise as sometimes necessary. Sometimes the rifle is rendered ineffective by a laser taking him out. A rifle is focused sometimes but when lasers are darting all around the rifleman can get flustered. Much like you, I say laser 2012.

I daresay that Lucas McCain would NOT get flustered, he would rooster that rifle of his and kill all the bad guys (Dolphins, Pats*, Jest, etc.) :thumbsup:

I so F----G sick of reading s--t like this year after year. They did not amost win 7. They won 4. Silly to say that. False optimism.

Huge difference between O/T losses and losing close games. Losing a close one to Chicago doesn't count for anything - fine, but O/T is entirely different.

They tied three playoff teams at the end of 60 minutes - that's real. By definition they equalled those teams on the field for four quarters, so it's the slimmest of margin or luck that kept them from winning all three.

It's only stupid if your primary motivation is to get rich quick.

If he's an honorable kid who feels compelled to finish what he started and has the wisdom and patience to recognize that he can be rich next year, then it is a reasonable and even admirable decision.

Not everybody allows their lives to be ruled by the pursuit of money.

Who said anything about getting rich quick?? I'm talking about potentially NEVER recovering that money.

He can be rich next year??? Sure - probably, but as others have mentioned, ask Brian Nrohm about that.

He is stupid because he is taking it for granted that he can still get his money next year. What if he's hurt??? What if he has a complete breakdown in skills or support and looks bad next season? He could be throwing away literally 10's of millions of dollars.

What are you interpreting from Luck? That he's not interested in the NFL and plans on going off to do missionary work with his degree in hand? THAT would be admirable, but it isn't true. He's going to enter the draft next year. He'd better hope he doesn't lose out big time.

He's stupid because his decision was all risk, no reward. Typical behavior for an immature athlete, actually, he thinks he's invincible and he's taking his unique opportunity for granted.

Edited by BobChalmers

Dude, this isn't a newspaper. Why are you so hung up on me altering your quote? It's a snarky little gimmick that's used around here quite often. Get over it.

And don't try and back track on your intent in invoking Manning in the first place.

You said something silly on a message board, move on. It's really not that big of a deal. If it was, we wouldn't be squabbling over the subversive way I went about saying--essentially--"Luck, Manning? C'mon, dude."

We're family! GO BILLS!

"It reminds me of all the hype surrounding Peyton Manning when he chose to return to Tennessee for his senior year instead of being a lock for number one overall."

How silly!

Whatever, dude. Good Day, Sir!

I'd much rather improve our record and hell, make a run at the playoffs, than be in the position to draft Luck... who may or may not be good in the NFL.

Right on Dorkington. I'd much rather be rooting for a playoff birth than debating who our first round pick is come December.

Who said anything about getting rich quick?? I'm talking about potentially NEVER recovering that money.

He can be rich next year??? Sure - probably, but as others have mentioned, ask Brian Nrohm about that.

He is stupid because he is taking it for granted that he can still get his money next year. What if he's hurt??? What if he has a complete breakdown in skills or support and looks bad next season? He could be throwing away literally 10's of millions of dollars.

What are you interpreting from Luck? That he's not interested in the NFL and plans on going off to do missionary work with his degree in hand? THAT would be admirable, but it isn't true. He's going to enter the draft next year. He'd better hope he doesn't lose out big time.

He's stupid because his decision was all risk, no reward. Typical behavior for an immature athlete, actually, he thinks he's invincible and he's taking his unique opportunity for granted.

Spoken like a man whose primary motivation in life is $$$$$

Dude, this isn't a newspaper. Why are you so hung up on me altering your quote? It's a snarky little gimmick that's used around here quite often. Get over it.

And don't try and back track on your intent in invoking Manning in the first place.

You said something silly on a message board, move on. It's really not that big of a deal. If it was, we wouldn't be squabbling over the subversive way I went about saying--essentially--"Luck, Manning? C'mon, dude."

We're family! GO BILLS!

Changing someone else's post and not acknowledging that you did so in that response is inappropriate to say the least. Even when acknowledging doing it, it's not particularly funny. That gag got cold years ago. It ranks several notches below an "Office Space" quote on the clever scale.

We wont be bad enough to draft him and I think Fitz is one of those late bloomers that is going to excel from here on out like Jim Plunket.

I'm a huge Fitz fan...mainly cuz he is gutsy and fun to root for and has the unibomber beard.

I think Plunket had 1. a larger resume by far before he hit the Raiders 2.A MUCH MUCH better team to work with.

Fitz did some good stuff in Cincy that is often overlooked. He is one of those guys who seems to get the job done even if its in an untalented/funny way. Go Fitz.

I dont know where its obvious the bills are getting better? We signed two high risk high reward players on Def, we lost a SS and replaced him with no one, our O line is not better and we have a scrap heap backfield.

Yes its possible these players progress from their performance last year, but that happens on every friggin team in the league.

Loosing the SS was an improvement. Whitner sucked. 5 Career INT's from your starting SS over his career. Give me a brake. And our backfield will be pretty damn good. Look for Spiller to put up numbers this year. Why dont you wise up.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-02/nfl-power-poll-eagles-may-rule-offseason-but-packers-still-team-to-beat

I for one disagree. They think the problem is at QB. I just don't think that Fitz is that bad and hope that he lasts the season.

I would love for the Bills to take Luck. I think Fitz is a reasonably competent starter. But he's clearly not in the same category as QBs like Aaron Rodgers or Matt Schaub.

This past season, Fitz averaged 6.8 yards per pass attempt--a significant improvement over his career average. Trent's career average is 6.5 yards per attempt. Aaron Rodgers has averaged 7.9 yards per attempt over the course of his career, even though Green Bay's running game is worse than Buffalo's, and even though its offensive line is very seriously flawed. Matt Schaub has averaged 7.8 yards per attempt during his career. Fitz's numbers aren't in the Rodgers/Schaub category because Fitz is unable to throw the ball with consistent accuracy.

If the Bills are going to hoist a Lombardi Trophy, they need to think like winners. That means they need to do whatever it takes to have elite players at the most critical positions. Quarterback is the most critical position of all. An elite quarterback would dramatically raise this team's ceiling.

The Bills have not won a single playoff game since Jim Kelly hung up his cleats. As much as I admire Ryan Fitzpatrick's courage on the field and his quick, sound decision making, he is not Jim Kelly's replacement. If the Bills get an elite quarterback, build the offensive line, and add a couple key players to the defense, they'll become a team to be taken seriously. Very seriously.

I think we are gonna be pretty close to 8-8 this year and surprise a lot of so called talent evaluators and scouts...

Defense is definitely gonna be better...offense likely will as well...gonna be a fun season I think...

Changing someone else's post and not acknowledging that you did so in that response is inappropriate to say the least. Even when acknowledging doing it, it's not particularly funny. That gag got cold years ago. It ranks several notches below an "Office Space" quote on the clever scale.

Look buddy, if there's one thing I know, it's that the ratio of people to cake is too big.