Asante Samuel

I know this is a longshot, but I think the Bills should really try trading for Asante Samuel. Our pass rush has been brutal for a long time now, which has allowed alot of big plays in the secondary, and the pass rush, on paper, will improve minorly at best this year. Buffalo is looking at moving Kyle Williams to defensive end, and the idea of moving DT to DE has blown up in our faces with recent experiments-see Marcus Stroud. The d-backfield is mediocre at best! Drayton Florence is probably our best DB, Leodis McKelvin is looking more-and-more like a bona fide bust, Terrence McGee used to be a really good corner but he's beginning to be pretty injury-prone. Our second-best DB is probably Reggie Corner, which says a lot... I say send Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and a 5th Round pick to get Samuel. We need him, and, he knows Tom Brady's tendancies very well from his New England days. Thoughts?

I know this is a longshot, but I think the Bills should really try trading for Asante Samuel. Our pass rush has been brutal for a long time now, which has allowed alot of big plays in the secondary, and the pass rush, on paper, will improve minorly at best this year. Buffalo is looking at moving Kyle Williams to defensive end, and the idea of moving DT to DE has blown up in our faces with recent experiments-see Marcus Stroud. The d-backfield is mediocre at best! Drayton Florence is probably our best DB, Leodis McKelvin is looking more-and-more like a bona fide bust, Terrence McGee used to be a really good corner but he's beginning to be pretty injury-prone. Our second-best DB is probably Reggie Corner, which says a lot... I say send Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and a 5th Round pick to get Samuel. We need him, and, he knows Tom Brady's tendancies very well from his New England days. Thoughts?

Didn't we just draft a corner at the beginning of round 2?

Aaron Williams?

:thumbdown:

For what it's worth, today at camp Williams was on the field with the first team most of the day and kept Evans in check for the most part. Lee had a long reception but I don't think he was covered by Williams on that play. Can't remember. Bu for the most part he looked really good out there. He towers over the other corners also. Mark it down, he'll be starting from day one.

Actually I've been hearing that McGee is looking like his old self from a couple years ago, that McKelvin was looking better, that Williams has looked very physical and Rogers has been surprisingly athletic- so if Drayton is where he was last year that sounds like a pretty good group of corners.

Crappy teams should NEVER trade for aging veterans. Ever!!!

I don't want to trade for him, but you use 'aging veteran' as if he's on the downside of his career. He had a pro-bowl 7int season last year.

lee evans and roscoe for deseaon jackson and samuel...

Lol!!!!!

I think you overestimate Both Lee and Roscoes values. Together, they wouldn't be worth Samuel. Desean is in a league on his own. There isn't a single WR on this team that's as good as he is, with a possible exception for Stevie. Where do you get your weed from?

letting greer go and resigning mcgee for more money was a stupid move at the time that a few of us on the board just shook our heads at and it looks even more stupid now

Greers been good when healthy but also injured the last two years - missed time in year 1, played awful while hurt year two.

Still better but I'm guessing you haven't watched him much lately.