UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

Tompkins becomes an important whistleblower by exposing the secret projects he worked on in his newly released autobiography, Selected by Extraterrestrials: My life in the top secret world of UFOs, think-tanks and Nordic secretaries.

Nordic secretaries?

DR what are your thoughts on the Apollo project and the moon landings?

I find it curious we were able to do things like go to the moon and return, and design the sr71 etc... with 1960s technology

You really want your mind blown? Aerospace makes remarkable leaps in the 1950's-1960's. The F-104. The F-4 Phantom. The SR-71. The F-111. The A-5 Vigilante. The XB-70. All remarkable aircraft in the 15 years after 1950, representing a development of performance orders of magnitude better than their predecessors.

And what happened just two years before that? Roswell.

DR what are your thoughts on the Apollo project and the moon landings?

I find it curious we were able to do things like go to the moon and return, and design the sr71 etc... with 1960s technology

There's two sides of me with this issue if I'm being honest. One I can prove, and one that requires a lot of speculation.

Just to get things started off on the right foot, I fully believe we went to the moon and believe it to be one of our nation's greatest accomplishments, if not our species greatest accomplishment. I enjoy reading some of the more outlandish theories about the moon landings being faked on a soundstage on the Warner's lot, but I don't put too much stock into them and do sometimes feel they're shortchanging the ingenuity of the men and women of the day who found ways to get us there and back.

With that out of the way, let's get back to the question. I think it's pretty easy to explain the hows and whys of our never returning to the moon from a national interest and budget perspective. The evidence for this side of the question is abundant and overwhelming to me. The Space Race was the vanguard of the Cold War in a lot of ways. It was easy to motivate not just the tax payers to foot the bill for the programs (even though that bill wasn't as big as people think; less than 3 pennies of every tax dollar went to the space race programs compared to less than 1 penny today of our tax dollars that goes to NASA) but also to motivate the normally gridlocked Congress and Executive, to unify them all in a common goal of getting to the moon before the Soviets. In today's world, with no Cold War or looming super power showdown to unify the nation, people just don't care enough about space exploration and travel. It's not a political issue that gets votes or the voters' attention. There's no sizzle to go back to the moon, we've been there, done that. Without that external motivating force (war), it's hard to raise money for something that most people see as having no impact on their day to day lives.

Of course the truth is that the Apollo program, and the space program in general, is continuing to pay off as an investment for the American people. Maybe the best tax dollar investment the people have ever made. The technology that had to be invented to get to the moon helped usher in breakthroughs in virtually every area of our day to day lives.

...But you can't sell the voters or Congresscritters on that because predicting what kind of breakthroughs will happen from that kind of research is next to impossible.

So, part of me understands all of this and can buy it as the primary reason(s) why we've never gone back to the moon in nearly 50 years. It's boring, it's bureaucratic paralysis, but it makes sense to me. I think it's close to impossible to get the American public and government excited about going back to the moon, Mars on the other hand could be just the ticket to reinvigorate the public's interest in the space program. Though both 43 and 44 have tried to rally support for a trip to Mars with very little results.

Then there's another part of me that wonders if there isn't more to the story. Unlike the above, this is the side that requires a tremendous amount of speculation, with virtually no way to prove any of it outside of "whistleblower" type testimony -- which most people would (usually rightfully) dismiss. I can ramble on about theories I think hold water in those scenarios all night because they are far more exciting and entertaining than the reasons given above.

You really want your mind blown? Aerospace makes remarkable leaps in the 1950's-1960's. The F-104. The F-4 Phantom. The SR-71. The F-111. The A-5 Vigilante. The XB-70. All remarkable aircraft in the 15 years after 1950, representing a development of performance orders of magnitude better than their predecessors.

There are more than a few people who feel the Roswell crash wasn't alien in origin at all.

But it definitely was not a weather balloon...

It's very interesting and I have been fascinated by this topic. I think the xb70 was one of the most revolutionary designs that wasn't fully appreciated at the time.

And I always think that some of these incredible machines were designed and built with 50s and 60s technology in relatively short order from blueprint to flight. I can only imagine the type of crap that is being designed and built now that we have no idea about.

The coolest thing I ever personally got to see first hand was sit in the flight deck of a b-2. The spirit of missouri. And that is probably part of the first generation of aircraft built with micro processors, computers and advanced materials with mostly 70s and 80s technology and it blew me away with its awesomeness.

I lived in NM for a few years and finally made it to Roswell during the UFO festival shortly before I left. I thought it would be kind of a fun, corny thing to do. I swear it was the saddest thing I can think of. If you're ever thinking about going, just save the time and let someone kick you in the nuts a few times instead.

I lived in NM for a few years and finally made it to Roswell during the UFO festival shortly before I left. I thought it would be kind of a fun, corny thing to do. I swear it was the saddest thing I can think of. If you're ever thinking about going, just save the time and let someone kick you in the nuts a few times instead.

:lol: Noted! I can totally see it being a pretty depressing scene.

A lot of folks in the media, and the government itself, are treating this most recent document dump as no big deal, some in the press are even framing it as a weird viral marketing campaign for the X-Files reboot. But if you actually look at the files, beyond the ones the press highlights, you quickly see these documents contain bigger revelations than the press is reporting on. Some of the documents, most of them, have been released before. Those are the ones the press is reporting on the most. But there were some newer files included in this batch, including several documented reports of UFO sightings over top secret (at the time) nuclear missile silos -- reports that up until recently the government has denied despite eye witness testimony from officers and enlisted men and women on the ground.

These documents are a tacit admission that the government has been not only lying about these events (shocking) for close to fifty years, but actively suppressing witness testimony and going out of their way to attack these witnesses' character in order to keep a lid on these sorts of sightings. That should be eye opening for some of the skeptics who believe that there's no way for the government to keep something like this quiet, or are unaware of any sort of phenomenon. Clearly the government can keep these things quiet and works actively to do so. And, as other files in this batch make clear, the US Airforce, Navy and CIA not only have investigated this phenomenon for 70 plus years, they believe it's a real.

Drip... drip... drip.

More of this disclosure type stuff is coming down the pipe from everything I'm hearing. Expect 2016 to be a year filled with odd bits of official disclosure from a bunch of different sources, including private contractors. CIA might be trying to get out ahead of this thing so later on they can just point and say, "see? we told you everything you just didn't pay attention".

A lot of folks in the media, and the government itself, are treating this most recent document dump as no big deal, some in the press are even framing it as a weird viral marketing campaign for the X-Files reboot. But if you actually look at the files, beyond the ones the press highlights, you quickly see these documents contain bigger revelations than the press is reporting on. Some of the documents, most of them, have been released before. Those are the ones the press is reporting on the most. But there were some newer files included in this batch, including several documented reports of UFO sightings over top secret (at the time) nuclear missile silos -- reports that up until recently the government has denied despite eye witness testimony from officers and enlisted men and women on the ground.

These documents are a tacit admission that the government has been not only lying about these events (shocking) for close to fifty years, but actively suppressing witness testimony and going out of their way to attack these witnesses' character in order to keep a lid on these sorts of sightings. That should be eye opening for some of the skeptics who believe that there's no way for the government to keep something like this quiet, or are unaware of any sort of phenomenon. Clearly the government can keep these things quiet and works actively to do so. And, as other files in this batch make clear, the US Airforce, Navy and CIA not only have investigated this phenomenon for 70 plus years, they believe it's a real.

Drip... drip... drip.

More of this disclosure type stuff is coming down the pipe from everything I'm hearing. Expect 2016 to be a year filled with odd bits of official disclosure from a bunch of different sources, including private contractors. CIA might be trying to get out ahead of this thing so later on they can just point and say, "see? we told you everything you just didn't pay attention".

It's usually a good idea to ignore anything and everything the military says about nuclear weapons. Nuclear security and secrecy ends up tying itself into the most convoluted Byzantine knots, to the point that SAC would end up confirming the missile site by denying the existence of the UFO to protect the secret of the missile site. "There was no UFO hovering over the missile site. In fact, there's no missile site, so the UFO was hovering over something else. If the UFO existed. Or the missile site existed. Hell...there's just no such think as Arkansas."

Fun little fact: more than a few UFO sightings in the southeast in the 60's were Cuban planes. It was in the government's interest to perpetuate the "space aliens" myths and keep secret how porous our air defense system actually was.