UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

Edward Snowden searched the CIA's networks for proof that aliens exist. Here's what he found

As a former employee of the CIA and contractor for the National Security Agency, Snowden had access to some of the nation's most closely held secrets.

And, like any curious mind with access to the CIA's version of Google might do, he went in search of answers to some of society's most pressing questions.

As it turns out, the US government is not aware of any intelligent, extraterrestrial life, he says.
"For the record, as far as I could tell, aliens have never contacted Earth, or at least they haven't contacted US intelligence," Snowden writes in his recent memoir, "Permanent Record."

Also, the moon landing did indeed occur.
"In case you were wondering: Yes, man really did land on the moon. Climate change is real. Chemtrails are not a thing," he adds.

I had ridiculous access to the networks of the NSA, the CIA, the military, all these groups. I couldn't find anything," 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/us/edward-snowden-joe-rogan-conspiracies-trnd/index.html

Lat me repeat myself

Soooo your saying Billions of tax $ are going to (some) waste?

NASA's Planet-Hunting Probe Joins the Search for Intelligent Aliens

https://www.space.com/breakthrough-listen-nasa-tess-seti-search.html

Scientists with the TESS mission will work with the Breakthrough Listen project. 

Keep it going NASA  I like being employed for a non-existent entity 

NASA's newest planet hunter is joining the hunt for intelligent aliens.

Scientists working on the space agency's Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) mission will collaborate with the $100 million Breakthrough Listen project in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI), members of both teams announced today (Oct. 23).

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Edward Snowden searched the CIA's networks for proof that aliens exist. Here's what he found

As a former employee of the CIA and contractor for the National Security Agency, Snowden had access to some of the nation's most closely held secrets.

And, like any curious mind with access to the CIA's version of Google might do, he went in search of answers to some of society's most pressing questions.

As it turns out, the US government is not aware of any intelligent, extraterrestrial life, he says.
"For the record, as far as I could tell, aliens have never contacted Earth, or at least they haven't contacted US intelligence," Snowden writes in his recent memoir, "Permanent Record."

Also, the moon landing did indeed occur.
"In case you were wondering: Yes, man really did land on the moon. Climate change is real. Chemtrails are not a thing," he adds.

I had ridiculous access to the networks of the NSA, the CIA, the military, all these groups. I couldn't find anything," 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/us/edward-snowden-joe-rogan-conspiracies-trnd/index.html

Somewhere in California DR is curled up in a fetal position mumbling #notmysnowden

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Uh huh...

There's obviously an additive that forces us to deny that chemtrails are a "thing".

• Thank you (+1) 1

Edward Snowden says the government isn’t hiding aliens – but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist

https://www.yahoo.com/news/edward-snowden-says-government-isn-120026020.html

color me surprised 

Corrections & Clarifications: An earlier version of this article misstated the title of Edward Snowden's book, "Permanent Record.

19 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Somewhere in California DR is curled up in a fetal position mumbling #notmysnowden

23 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Edward Snowden says the government isn’t hiding aliens – but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist

https://www.yahoo.com/news/edward-snowden-says-government-isn-120026020.html

color me surprised 

Corrections & Clarifications: An earlier version of this article misstated the title of Edward Snowden's book, "Permanent Record.

Th US government having no knowledge of aliens does not disprove aliens.  It is just another data point in the multitude that all trend in that direction.  There hasn't been a single data point indicating intelligent alien life ever discovered.  

Snowden's revelation is interesting but not surprising.  To be fair, it wouldn't be safe to simply assume he is a reliable source.  Personally I assume this detail is true because it lines up with every other detail available since the beginning of time, but I can see why someone might be reluctant to take Snowden at his word.

I enjoy reading about the discovery of these planets even if it is a bit scary for future generations.  At some point we may discover a viable target and our technology should evolve.  Whether it is realistic to ever have a human payload traveling that far is still a question, but it will be answered in time.  The universe is likely 100% ours, but it may turn out that we are locked in our little room called Earth.  Even then, we would find fascinating ways to expand and explore from afar.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1

NASA scientist creates engine concept that can reach 'close to the speed of light'

A NASA scientist has created a new concept for an engine that he says can move "close to the speed of light" – all without any moving parts or need for fuel.

The paper, written by David Burns from NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, discusses a "helical engine" that can be used to travel across interstellar distances, send astronauts to the moon in approximately one second and Mars in less than 13 minutes, according to The Sun, which first reported the news.

"A new concept for in-space propulsion is proposed in which propellant is not ejected from the engine, but instead is captured to create a nearly infinite specific impulse," Burns wrote in the paper's abstract. "The engine accelerates ions confined in a loop to moderate relativistic speeds, and then varies their velocity to make slight changes to their mass. The engine then moves ions back and forth along the direction of travel to produce thrust. This in-space engine could be used for long-term satellite station-keeping without refueling."

The concept, which Burns admitted he is not sure is viable, takes inspiration from high-tech particle accelerators, similar to what is seen at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nasa-creates-engine-concept-speed-of-light

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ALF said:

NASA scientist creates engine concept that can reach 'close to the speed of light'

A NASA scientist has created a new concept for an engine that he says can move "close to the speed of light" – all without any moving parts or need for fuel.

The paper, written by David Burns from NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, discusses a "helical engine" that can be used to travel across interstellar distances, send astronauts to the moon in approximately one second and Mars in less than 13 minutes, according to The Sun, which first reported the news.

"A new concept for in-space propulsion is proposed in which propellant is not ejected from the engine, but instead is captured to create a nearly infinite specific impulse," Burns wrote in the paper's abstract. "The engine accelerates ions confined in a loop to moderate relativistic speeds, and then varies their velocity to make slight changes to their mass. The engine then moves ions back and forth along the direction of travel to produce thrust. This in-space engine could be used for long-term satellite station-keeping without refueling."

The concept, which Burns admitted he is not sure is viable, takes inspiration from high-tech particle accelerators, similar to what is seen at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nasa-creates-engine-concept-speed-of-light

Disregarding whether his engine would work or not a lot in this article seems pretty stupid. Saying it could travel to the moon in 1 second and mars in 13 minutes is ridiculous and ignores at least two fundamental things. 1. There is a limit to how fast you can accelerate without it killing you and I'm guessing 0-almost the speed of light would do it. 2. You have to slow down so you don't hit it or fly by it and again you can only slow down so fast.

On October 16, 2019 at 10:32 AM, 4merper4mer said:

I saw a video from some science chick saying that if space was all the oceans on Earth, we've looked at basically a hot tub full of water in our searches.  Is that basically what you're saying?

I can see why @Patrick_Duffy doesn't want to answer this, but it also leads me to think that he knows the answer and doesn't like it.  Congrats Pat, you're coming around.  Almost there.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:18 AM, Patrick_Duffy said:

Whatever dude.This stuff could come out after you and I are dead, it could come out 50 years from now or more. Nobody knows. Doesn't change the fact that you or I or anyone else for that matter knows for a fact of what's out there in space and what's not.

But anyways.... you do you bra, have at it.

It could be there is no "space" at all. At least not as it's been explained to us. Think the movie "The Village" Something to ponder. 

Edited by Dante

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I can see why @Patrick_Duffy doesn't want to answer this, but it also leads me to think that he knows the answer and doesn't like it.  Congrats Pat, you're coming around.  Almost there.

Man you're really sad. Did you not get the hint when I said for you to "you do you, have at it"? I know things are hard for you to understand but that means "go ahead and think what you want and I'm going to think what I want and done with this ignorant back and forth with your non sense".

Maybe you can grasp it this time homie. I hope I have been more clear for you this time. So again, have at it brah......

cf43299484f68dbab23aecd61389063e.jpg

57 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Man you're really sad. Did you not get the hint when I said for you to "you do you, have at it"? I know things are hard for you to understand but that means "go ahead and think what you want and I'm going to think what I want and done with this ignorant back and forth with your non sense".

Maybe you can grasp it this time homie. I hope I have been more clear for you this time. So again, have at it brah......

cf43299484f68dbab23aecd61389063e.jpg

Hey we can rely on different things to draw conclusions.  I was just trying to bring some math into the process and avoid emotions.  If you want to use 100% emotion and funny memes, that can be you.  I'll stick with facts.  I'm fine with "you doing you".  You might want to call it "feeling what you feel" instead of "thinking what you think" but maybe I'm splitting heirs.

52 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Hey we can rely on different things to draw conclusions.  I was just trying to bring some math into the process and avoid emotions.  If you want to use 100% emotion and funny memes, that can be you.  I'll stick with facts.  I'm fine with "you doing you".  You might want to call it "feeling what you feel" instead of "thinking what you think" but maybe I'm splitting heirs.

doofy.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

On 10/16/2019 at 8:32 AM, 4merper4mer said:

I saw a video from some science chick saying that if space was all the oceans on Earth, we've looked at basically a hot tub full of water in our searches.  Is that basically what you're saying?

I'm not sure that's accurate because space

On 8/22/2019 at 8:07 PM, Warcodered said:

Maybe @4merper4mer needs to see the size of the universe video.

It's like really big.