Aaron Maybin only weighs 228lbs

There is no way he will survive at his current position at that weight. I read articles from a few months ago saying he was 245 and wanted to be 255 for camp. I got this weight from from their website.

I was kind of hoping he would do something but at that weight there is no chance. He may have to be moved to safety or cut outright. Another high pick wasted.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above all else -- the "it's hard to win in this league" comments, the incessant drafting of CBs, the lack of any feel for offense -- the Maybin pick is the biggest slap in the face Jauron gave the Bills' organization. It's simply embarrassing.

It's not Maybin's fault, as long as he's trying his hardest.

Eff you Dick.

How did he play de in college with that frame? This whole maybin situation just baffles me.

He must know his situation isn't far from winning the lottery…

Best of luck to him in his next pursuit.

Ask McShay about his "lightning quick" first step. :rolleyes:

How did he play de in college with that frame? This whole maybin situation just baffles me.

Because 90% of the guys on the other teams are selling insurance now.

Every picture I've ever seen of Maybin he looked about 228. Are there people here who actually believe this guy has ever weighted 250??

Every picture I've ever seen of Maybin he looked about 228. Are there people here who actually believe this guy has ever weighted 250??

He did to me as well. He has fluctuated a bit though. When he came into the league he was a rail. When he was going to play 4-3 end in the Jauron/Fewell defense he put on some weight although he never looked 250 and I doubt he was close. Then the next year moved to OLB in the 3-4 he lost some of that weight to be a quicker LB. Still, his legs are toothpicks, and he doesn't have the frame to carry any significant weight. he surely better show something quick. Right now, I think he has about a 50-50 chance to make the team through opening day, but early reports are not favorable for him.

Would Merriman quit screwing around and hook a brother up with some serious steroids? None of that cream and clear **** - he needs some flat out, hard core horse steroids - double dose - stat! This boy isn't strong enough to do the laundry, much less rush the passer.

He did to me as well. He has fluctuated a bit though. When he came into the league he was a rail. When he was going to play 4-3 end in the Jauron/Fewell defense he put on some weight although he never looked 250 and I doubt he was close. Then the next year moved to OLB in the 3-4 he lost some of that weight to be a quicker LB. Still, his legs are toothpicks, and he doesn't have the frame to carry any significant weight. he surely better show something quick. Right now, I think he has about a 50-50 chance to make the team through opening day, but early reports are not favorable for him.

50-50? Wow, and I thought _I_ was optimistic. I would be very surprised if he makes the roster. 10-15%

50-50? Wow, and I thought _I_ was optimistic. I would be very surprised if he makes the roster. 10-15%

this guy has a 50/50 chance of making it past the first round of cuts - 10% chance of making it past the second round of cuts, and a 2% chance of making the roster. Everyone responsible for picking him is gone now. He will be gone soon as well.

As I put in another post, I think the only way for Maybin to save his career is to become a non-rush OLB. I suggested signing Manny Lawson and letting Maybin learn that position behind him. They have similar body types (Lawson is 10 lbs heavier) and both played DE in college. Having someone like Lawson who actually knows what he's doing at that position (Kelsey is clueless) might actually turn Maybin around.

Does anyone know who scouted him? A scout doing due diligence should have at least weighed him.

As I put in another post, I think the only way for Maybin to save his career is to become a non-rush OLB. I suggested signing Manny Lawson and letting Maybin learn that position behind him. They have similar body types (Lawson is 10 lbs heavier) and both played DE in college. Having someone like Lawson who actually knows what he's doing at that position (Kelsey is clueless) might actually turn Maybin around.

I REALLY hope we don't get another year of seing kelsay run around the field and never come close to the ball. Last year was comical