What is Nix up too?

I simply don't understand what Nix is doing about Free Agency. Our Division just got a whole lot stronger. The Patriots just grabbed a very solid receiver and now a d-lineman that will dominate. The Fins grabbed a pretty good RB, and The Jets well, they will throw some money out there for guys. I cant even say that we look cheap, cause we threw a ton of money at a punt returner. but we look out of sorts. Our biggest problem last year was stopping the run. and we don't go out and get a good inside LB? Just clueless, that's what we look like. Cant say that Dareus will stop every runner. He's good but he's not superman. I'm not one to pull the rip cord on our beloved Bills, but I really am tired of the weird decisions we make. Now we are moving Moats back to Inside LB. What? He was not good there. He is a very good OLB but I'm not so sure about inside. I just hate this approach. I've said it for years, You still have to get someone solid, not a waiver wire pick up. Sure someones one man's trash is another mans treasure, but We havent even picked up one of those guys yet. Heap would be good. That's a start. We won't do it. It's obvious, but we won't do it. I figured we would lose out on the O'lineman. but there are still a bunch of good ones out there. As for Linebacker, That should be the most pressing need. What do we do? Sit on our hands. We are good at that.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moats was decent at pressuring the passer, especially for a rookie. Moats cannot cover, he is a liability if the opposition designs a play to isolate him in coverage. The lack of on off season regimen was very detrimental to this type of player.

Edited by playaction

I simply don't understand what Nix is doing about Free Agency. Our Division just got a whole lot stronger. The Patriots just grabbed a very solid receiver and now a d-lineman that will dominate. The Fins grabbed a pretty good RB, and The Jets well, they will throw some money out there for guys. I cant even say that we look cheap, cause we threw a ton of money at a punt returner. but we look out of sorts. Our biggest problem last year was stopping the run. and we don't go out and get a good inside LB? Just clueless, that's what we look like. Cant say that Dareus will stop every runner. He's good but he's not superman. I'm not one to pull the rip cord on our beloved Bills, but I really am tired of the weird decisions we make. Now we are moving Moats back to Inside LB. What? He was not good there. He is a very good OLB but I'm not so sure about inside. I just hate this approach. I've said it for years, You still have to get someone solid, not a waiver wire pick up. Sure someones one man's trash is another mans treasure, but We havent even picked up one of those guys yet. Heap would be good. That's a start. We won't do it. It's obvious, but we won't do it. I figured we would lose out on the O'lineman. but there are still a bunch of good ones out there. As for Linebacker, That should be the most pressing need. What do we do? Sit on our hands. We are good at that.

How good was that d lineman last year? How did he practice today? Stil put of shape. The jets didn't get any better and bush wasn't a starting running back in Miami.

this is an example of your "my feelings" post... or "I'm sad...that we didnt overpay for mediocre free agents Clabo (5 mil per), Poz (7 mil per), Burnett and Colon!" post.

this is an example of me posting... "I'm tired of reading people who are upset with the Bills not giving Poz 8 mil+ per season to out bid Jax...becuase Poz is not worth 6...7 or 8 mil-dummies!"

Edited by KollegeStudnet

this is an example of your "my feelings" post... or "I'm sad...that we didnt overpay for mediocre free agents Clabo (5 mil per), Poz (7 mil per), Burnett and Colon!" post.

this is an example of me posting... "I'm tired of reading people who are upset with the Bills not giving Poz 8 mil+ per season to out bid Jax...becuase Poz is not worth 6...7 or 8 mil-dummies!"

Too many people expect a football team to solve depression in other areas of their life by making big splashy moves

Your crazy!

You still don't know what he is doing, whats the expectation go out and sign every free agent. The last two drafts I believe were our best in a long time, this a young team now and the qaulity of the players is getting better. Our real problem is we still don't have a franchise qb and no big names are signing in buffalo unless they are way overpaid or we can make a real run for the playoffs.

I think with this roster we pick in the top 5 next year, we all know about luck but also another guy named blakley thats going to be a good one. thats when it starts they they draft lb and go out and get the best right tackle they can and free agents will come and you will not pay top dollar you may not even need them.

look at detroit, they are in a spot to be agood team for a while mind you not the patriots but will bet a tough team to play against this year and a few years ago they were what we are today. No big free agents just good drafting.

Edited by 13player

Very Solid Receiver?? Maybe 5 years ago

D-lineman that will dominate?? This is Albert Hayensworth we are talking about...

Do you think Poz is worth 7 Million a year over 5 years??

Cmon guys get some common sense. The Bills building process is going to be gradual and not through free agency, which is always mostly washed up players anyway.

:w00t:

:wallbash:

It's Mr. Sit on His hands again. How many accounts do you have? I am really getting sick of ignoring them all. It would help us all out tremendously if you could just stick to one account. Thanks.

It's interesting that the Jets didn't make a counter-offer to keep Brad Smith because (according to reports from NY), they needed to save cap space for Asomugha. Well, the Bills grabbed Smith and the Jets lost out on Asomugha.

At this point, I don't envy the Jets' free agency.

It's interesting that the Jets didn't make a counter-offer to keep Brad Smith because (according to reports from NY), they needed to save cap space for Asomugha. Well, the Bills grabbed Smith and the Jets lost out on Asomugha.

Yep, looks like they focused on keeping Holmes and getting Asomugha. They lost Woody to retirement, and if they lose Edwards and Cromartie, it's a bad off-season for them.

If they lose Cromartie and Edwards they will be significantly worse. I love it.

Right...you would think given the Bills stellar track record of building through the draft, fans would have learned to pipe down by now... :rolleyes:

It is true though, everyone that other teams sign are mediocre-awful, and overpayed... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Our way, building through the draft (ironic we couldn't re-sign our one draft pick we really wanted, Poz, but could re-sign Florence, a guy we got as a free agent...oh yeah, not to mention the bill of goods we are buying on FA Shawn Merriman!), has been so tried and true, you would think the simpletons here would see that... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I read on one of the Jets boards, forgot the link they posted, that Smith really wanted to sign with the Jets, but his agent felt like they wouldn't have the cash (assuming they were going to sign Asomugha), and an offer the type the Bills were making wasn't likely to come again any time soon. Smiths agent pressured the Jets to make him an offer, but they didn't act fast enough, and the fear was the Bills offer would come off the table if he waited too long. Money, money, money....

I am not upset that buddy and chan are targeting players that will help be a part of the long-term solution ... Like, Tyson clabo -he would have been a fixture on the o-line. Bringing in mediocre talent or people that don't fit the scheme is only throwing good money after bad. I want players that will grow with the program, not castoffs that make few plays and get in the way of finding out about the quality of young players that are on the roster. The only way you know if a Danny batten can be a player moving forward is to get him on the field. If he can't, the answer will most likely come in next spring's draft ... Not from an older veteran cut loose by another team.

:thumbsup: Once again the whining continues ....

Poz was not worth the money! Poz cannot cover and cannot stop the run at the point of attack (But, he is a good looking, Polish kid, who is a positive asset for any community, and we should all wish him well now that he is obscenely overpaid!).

Haynesworth is not yet in any kind of physical shape to even practice with the Patriots much less play for them, Haynesworth

We have addded excitement to the offense with Brad Smith (Just read the Jets' fan websites where they are moaning about their losing him.).

We were in the run for Claybo but he stayed home.

We haven't even had an in-camp scrimmage yet but the naysayers think the pit has swallowed up the Bills.

Don't forget we averaged more than 19 points a game last year with Fitz and a still recovering offensive line. And, take into consideration that he was not 'the guy' throughout preseason and the first couple of games. He enters this year full of confidence, swagger, and has the team behind him. We get Easley back ... our receivers are vastly improved (Would still love a quality tight end but ...). Jackson is our number one guy from the start but Gailey has plans for Spiller and Smith that will energize the offense too.

The defense will be better ...

So, stop whining ... check out the preseason and then watch the games ... Nix and Gailey know what they are doing but they had a huge hole to fill ... and are doing it quickly.

Read the Tweets of our draft picks ... these guys are excited bout Buffalo and energized to win. Shepherd should do remarkable things at LB and Williams is going to make his mark in the defensive backfield ...

Clabo - We went after Clabo which was the right thing to do. He was by far the best player to add at RT a position of need. Clabo stayed put. Some people see that as a problem with Buffalo but I think it says more about the great program Atlanta has going on right now. I do not know what we offered Clabo but I am happy we did not overpay for a RT. Anyone notice that no other teams were bidding for him?

The rest of the RTs are a big drop, including Gaither. Not sure the rest of the RTs are any better than Pears. I would prefer to sign a vet but after Langston Walker and Cornell Green maybe holding on to the cap space is a better plan? Seems like the Bills are content to see what Pears can do and to develop Wang and Hairston.

2. Poz - He took the money and ran. I liked him ok and wanted to keep him but not for $8M. No way.

3. Burnett - Would have been a good replacement for Poz. Don't know why we did not try? Maybe we did?

4. TE - Maybe we do not have any big plans for a TE in this offense? This is oen area that amazes me. Again, no one else is knocking the door down for these TEs.

5. Moats - Sounds like they are giving him first opportunity to get in the field more, even if it is at ILB. You people that think playing him inside is hurting his development crack me up. He is still unproven on the outside as well. He will most likely play both positions in the preseason and if he makes plays he will be on the field in some capacity. I am sure Moats undserstands this is an opportunity, not a punishment.

6. Punt Returner - Brad Smith is much more than a punt returner. Good signing here.

Edited by Bob in STL

:thumbsup: Once again the whining continues ....

Poz was not worth the money! Poz cannot cover and cannot stop the run at the point of attack (But, he is a good looking, Polish kid, who is a positive asset for any community, and we should all wish him well now that he is obscenely overpaid!).

Haynesworth is not yet in any kind of physical shape to even practice with the Patriots much less play for them, Haynesworth

We have addded excitement to the offense with Brad Smith (Just read the Jets' fan websites where they are moaning about their losing him.).

We were in the run for Claybo but he stayed home.

We haven't even had an in-camp scrimmage yet but the naysayers think the pit has swallowed up the Bills.

Don't forget we averaged more than 19 points a game last year with Fitz and a still recovering offensive line. And, take into consideration that he was not 'the guy' throughout preseason and the first couple of games. He enters this year full of confidence, swagger, and has the team behind him. We get Easley back ... our receivers are vastly improved (Would still love a quality tight end but ...). Jackson is our number one guy from the start but Gailey has plans for Spiller and Smith that will energize the offense too.

The defense will be better ...

So, stop whining ... check out the preseason and then watch the games ... Nix and Gailey know what they are doing but they had a huge hole to fill ... and are doing it quickly.

Read the Tweets of our draft picks ... these guys are excited bout Buffalo and energized to win. Shepherd should do remarkable things at LB and Williams is going to make his mark in the defensive backfield ...

Funny, I went to the Gang Green site, last night, to see Jets fan reactions...they were essentially the same as those as Bills fans had about Poz..."good guy, fan favorite, but not for that kind of money" Of course, they all still thought they were in the running for Asomugh (sp?) Obviously, we can't sign, and shouldn't want to sign every free agent out there, but some of you criticizing those who are critical of the Bills, are just silly...you are acting like this is the Patriots, and, you know, they have won a few rings, and know what they are doing...

I am still excited about the Bills season, but I am expecting absolutely nothing from them...if they win 5 games that will be a great season...sad how low the bar is for this team, and apathetic cheerleader fans don't really help a lot. "Bills nation" will settle for anything, it seems. And we let management off the hook, you know, because we should be happy just to have a team to call our own.

Loved the Dareus pick, but it is hard not to feel, without the addition of a better linebacker or two, he is going to be less effective than we might be anticipating. I am not under the impression that losing Poz is some tremendous loss, but they are on the clock...so to speak. Are they going to get anybody comparable in there? As mediocre as Poz may have been, I am not sure there is a better linebacker on the roster(inside or out) that is better. Hopefully Sheppard and/or Merriman pan out. I don't feel great heading into the season with Moats and Davis in the middle.

Edited by Buftex

Funny, I went to the Gang Green site, last night, to see Jets fan reactions...they were essentially the same as those as Bills fans had about Poz..."good guy, fan favorite, but not for that kind of money" Of course, they all still thought they were in the running for Asomugh (sp?) Obviously, we can't sign, and shouldn't want to sign every free agent out there, but some of you criticizing those who are critical of the Bills, are just silly...you are acting like this is the Patriots, and, you know, they have won a few rings, and know what they are doing...

I am still excited about the Bills season, but I am expecting absolutely nothing from them...if they win 5 games that will be a great season...sad how low the bar is for this team, and apathetic cheerleader fans don't really help a lot. "Bills nation" will settle for anything, it seems. And we let management off the hook, you know, because we should be happy just to have a team to call our own.

Loved the Dareus pick, but it is hard not to feel, without the addition of a better linebacker or two, he is going to be less effective than we might be anticipating. I am not under the impression that losing Poz is some tremendous loss, but they are on the clock...so to speak. Are they going to get anybody comparable in there? As mediocre as Poz may have been, I am not sure there is a better linebacker on the roster(inside or out) that is better. Hopefully Sheppard and/or Merriman pan out. I don't feel great heading into the season with Moats and Davis in the middle.

Nice post. My only expectation (as a team) is that they will be more fun to watch than last year... very low bar indeed, but after 3+ years of DJ, I'll take it... last year was a breath of fresh air. Then just keep waiting for the new ownership. :thumbsup: Edited by Rico