Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

I almost put that in there too, but I didn't. It's getting tough for the blind homers to swallow alot of this stuff.

Hell, it's getting hard for me to swallow this crap.

This organization is so depressing. I've never seen anything in sports so friggin sad.

Well the Bills have been my team my whole life and will continue to be my team, even without Clabo.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is the reason why you build through the draft. Ain't no top dollar free agent coming to buffalo. End of story. This team has been too bad for too long. It's reality guys. The sooner you accept that the sooner you will be thankful that we get good draft Picks under the new regime.

Yes, we would need to overpay. Whether it be an extra million a year, additional years, or more money upfront, it's what needs to be done.

Think logically. Why would a player like him leave a place he already lives and goes to the playoffs with for us unless we make a better offer.

It's who we are and that situation won't change for a long time.

Whatever we needed to pay, we didn't or he'd be here.

It's official, he resigned with the Falcons.

Please don't give me any of this "we tried" crap. We lose because we won't make the decisions that other teams are to win. Still cheap and don't realize that paying players more is an unfortunate circumstance of owning a team in Buffalo.

Don't you love how the Jets kept David Harris, Holmes, and may get Nazi? And they were over the cap!

We are comical

I totally agree!!!

Now this is the reason why you build through the draft. Ain't no top dollar free agent coming to buffalo. End of story. This team has been too bad for too long. It's reality guys. The sooner you accept that the sooner you will be thankful that we get good draft Picks under the new regime.

And we're so good at drafting pro bowl players.

Yes, we would need to overpay. Whether it be an extra million a year, additional years, or more money upfront, it's what needs to be done.

Think logically. Why would a player like him leave a place he already lives and goes to the playoffs with for us unless we make a better offer.

It's who we are and that situation won't change for a long time.

Whatever we needed to pay, we didn't or he'd be here.

Who's disagreeing with your logic? The point is, the Falcons had the right to match any offer, and they did. The Bills offer is as yet unknown. Whether or not they made a big offer is unknown. The Bills have been bad for 11 years... if I were a Pro Bowl OT and the successful franchise I play for matched the Bills offer, its probably unlikely I'd be playing in Buffalo.

But we don't know what the Bills offered, so your rant is a little toothless.

Edited by Punch

The falcons matched the Bills offer. What are you talking about? Regardless of the specific numbers, they were the same. This is according to Rotoworld and the nfl twitter feed.

And what rant? Was it long and swearing? Why are you trying to stir things up with me? Did I say something about you? Yet you keep referring to me in your posts. Am I missing something here?

The falcons matched the Bills offer. What are you talking about? Regardless of the specific numbers, they were the same. This is according to Rotoworld and the nfl twitter feed.

And what rant? Was it long and swearing? Why are you trying to stir things up with me? Did I say something about you? Yet you keep referring to me in your posts. Am I missing something here?

Sorry, its not personal.

The logic of a player choosing to remain with a contender over an unproven young team with a decade plus of mismanagement and losing where the contracts are the same is obvious, isn't it? I just don't understand criticizing Nix for not overpaying when no figures are reported. It appears the Bills made a strong offer which Clabo then used to drive up Atlanta's offer. Erasing the recent past for the Bills, Men in Black style, is not realistic.

I find this kind of funny...we had one guy, we drafted, we wanted to sign (Poz), and couldn't re-sign him, for whatever reason. We re-sign one guy (Florence) who we obtained, originally, as a free agent. If we are really going to rely on "building through the draft", we better hit on a lot more picks than we have, get production out at least some of them, right away, and sign them all to 6 year deals upon drafting them...cuz if they are worth a crap, and we want them, as much as they "love Buffalo", they always seem to find a reason that they "have to" take the deal that someone else is offering them...

Is this really necessary to call me a name ?? Isn't there like a code of conduct to be followed here ?? It seems unfair for you to specifically target me, you don't know me. Nor do I know you but your comments about drinking at a bar can lead me to some ideas. Please apologize.

Are you NOT the one who witlessly blurted out a $13 million offer? Did it not cause minor mania through a couple pages? Were you not refered by to another poster as 'some idiot' who posted this?

Of course you were -it's all we've come to expect of you. I just re-emphasized that it was yet another of your clueless and tiresome blatherings.

Apologize?

Pfffft!

Sorry, its not personal.

The logic of a player choosing to remain with a contender over an unproven young team with a decade plus of mismanagement and losing where the contracts are the same is obvious, isn't it? I just don't understand criticizing Nix for not overpaying when no figures are reported. It appears the Bills made a strong offer which Clabo then used to drive up Atlanta's offer. Erasing the recent past for the Bills, Men in Black style, is not realistic.

Not to mention a team he knows the players, coaches etc on in a city he has roots in...

When he couldn't even visit buffalo yet. Did he have any ties to our roster besides a few days on a SD team that cut him with nix as agm

I think the best part of all of this will be Nix's spin on the situation.

"Naw, we didn't really pursue Clabo that hard. You media guys made all of that up. We like that Pears fella, he's going to be a great tackle for us this year, you'll see!"

They had at least 35 calls a day from eligible UDFA's willing to play for them. And you'd be surprised at some of the names!