Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

Derek in VA says it's comical that the Bills don't understand they need to pay more than other teams. That says he must have inside info regarding the specific difference in contract offers between the Bills and Falcons.

We need to send huge contracts across the table with upfront cash, that's how you get action.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another in the long line of free agents who use the Bills like a step brother just to drive the price up for the team that signs him. He along with many others over the past decade had no thought on actually playing in Buffalo. Until this franchise is no longer a joke it will never stop either.

We need to send huge contracts across the table with upfront cash, that's how you get action.

So, like Derek in VA, you also know the specifics regarding the difference in contract offers between the Bills and Falcons? Please, enlighten us on how short the Bills offer fell.

Exactly. You know Clabo would have come to the Bills for somewhere between 13-20 million per year with 50 million up front. That's all it would take.

Ralph is cheap.

No, what I see are results. You don't try to win, you either do or you don't. We were 4-12. That is a result from the quality of our players and coaching. Other teams have made upgrades and taken players from us that we clearly wanted. I don't care what the money was, we failed at getting him.

It's business, pure and simple. You win or you lose.

Derek in VA says it's comical that the Bills don't understand they need to pay more than other teams. That says he must have inside info regarding the specific difference in contract offers between the Bills and Falcons.

In other words... I fully understand that details are completely unknown at this time.

Derek in VA says we're comical because we never win any of these players over that are of any consequence. And he's right.

Here's a fact about Clabo. We certainly didn't offer Clabo an offer that he couldn't refuse. I am certain of that. And until we do, we aren't good enough in the front office nor on the field to land anyone of any kind of star substance.

Comical indeed.

Exactly. You know Clabo would have come to the Bills for somewhere between 13-20 million per year with 50 million up front. That's all it would take.

Ralph is cheap.

I think that the Bills couldn't write a $50 Million upfront check, in all honesty.

Just another in the long line of free agents who use the Bills like a step brother just to drive the price up for the team that signs him. He along with many others over the past decade had no thought on actually playing in Buffalo. Until this franchise is no longer a joke it will never stop either.

The Bills could have really used a pro bowl RT, stinks the Bills couldn't sign him :cry:

No, what I see are results. You don't try to win, you either do or you don't. We were 4-12. That is a result from the quality of our players and coaching. Other teams have made upgrades and taken players from us that we clearly wanted. I don't care what the money was, we failed at getting him.

No, you said the Bills would need to overpay to get him. They very likely did offer a huge contract, and Atlanta met it or came close, which was the logical outcome. When the Bills start winning they'll have less difficulty in getting FAs to come to Buffalo. Until then, this is where we are.

Amen.

And Nix lost on three players so far.

He lost Poz to Jax, and tried to keep him.

He lost of Tavaris Jackson (Thank god) and had to get Thigpen instead as reported by Howard Balser.

And he loses on Clabo.

But hey, he swooped in and slammed the door shut on Brad Smith. A guy who can't win a position but can return kicks as good as McGee and Mckelvin used to do.

Comical.

Derek in VA says we're comical because we never win any of these players over that are of any consequence. And he's right.

Here's a fact about Clabo. We certainly didn't offer Clabo an offer that he couldn't refuse. I am certain of that. And until we do, we aren't good enough in the front office nor on the field to land anyone of any kind of star substance.

Comical indeed.

Clabo himself said the Falcons had the right to match Buffalo's offer. The Bills didn't have the same luxury. That's all anyone knows at this point.

It's like this. He took less money, for a chance at winning the Super Bowl. Lets face it, the Falcons are a hell of a lot closer than the Bills. That is why the Bills don't get the big names. Move on.

Amen.

And Nix lost on three players so far.

He lost Poz to Jax, and tried to keep him.

He lost of Tavaris Jackson (Thank god) and had to get Thigpen instead as reported by Howard Balser.

And he loses on Clabo.

But hey, he swooped in and slammed the door shut on Brad Smith. A guy who can't win a position but can return kicks as good as McGee and Mckelvin used to do.

Comical.

Don't forget how many legitimate HC candidates turned him down for interviews in January 2010: Ron Rivera, Jim Harbaugh, Brian Schottenheimer, and Russ Grimm. Reality is that this franchise is not a destination for in-demand HC's and players.

Don't forget how many legitimate HC candidates turned him down for interviews in January 2010: Ron Rivera, Jim Harbaugh, Brian Schottenheimer, and Russ Grimm. Reality is that this franchise is not a destination for in-demand HC's and players.

I almost put that in there too, but I didn't. It's getting tough for the blind homers to swallow alot of this stuff.

Hell, it's getting hard for me to swallow this crap.

This organization is so depressing. I've never seen anything in sports so friggin sad.

Don't forget how many legitimate HC candidates turned him down for interviews in January 2010: Ron Rivera, Jim Harbaugh, Brian Schottenheimer, and Russ Grimm.

There's a real Murderers' Row.

Harbaugh is the only legit guy in the bunch and he was never coming east...