Brad Smith...Update...signs with Buffalo

if the quote from the article is true... why not call just about anyone our 3rd qb, and put brown on the PS, and get to dress an extra guy for free essentially

Smith was the QB at Missouri so he can throw it a bit in case Fitz and Thiggy go down. You dont want a #3 QB who was never been a QB at least Smith was a QB in college.

Edited by bills_red

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith was the QB at Missouri so he can throw it a bit in case Fitz and Thiggy go down. You dont want a #3 QB who was never been a QB at least Smith was a QB in college.

plenty of teams carry 2 qbs into the season.

plenty of teams carry 2 qbs into the season.

then if ur #1 goes down you have to sign a guy off the street, or PS, which imo isn't a smart move you should have 3 QBs on your team.

This man turned the program around at Missouri.. he is one of my favorite players. I just don't see how he fits in Buffalo though.. Bills have plenty of receivers.

again he can be the #3 QB with the new rule and still get to play WR & KR.

Levi Brown or someone else would be our developmental QB on the PS. Smith would be our gameday #3 just in case #1 and #2 go down. He would not take any WR slot, which barring injury will be Evans, Stevie, Roscoe, DNelson and Easley, with Donald Jones likely our #6 unless Brad Smith would take his place as a gunner. Smith would play Wildcat QB, whatever crazy package Chan thinks up for him, some RB and some WR, depending on the formation and package. He would help our team in numerous ways (although, again, the need for signing an ILB and maybe a RT is not affected by this whatsoever)

Smith has talent (I always hated when he trotted-out onto the field against the Bills) and the Bills have money. I can't find a reason to not like it, unless they reveal that after adding him, they had no money for anyone else (which I doubt).

then if ur #1 goes down you have to sign a guy off the street, or PS, which imo isn't a smart move you should have 3 QBs on your team.

again he can be the #3 QB with the new rule and still get to play WR & KR.

so what your saying is we would have to choose between carrying brown as a 3, or signing him off the street/ps if fitz got hurt, and with the latter we get to dress an extra man on gameday. and this would be a tough decision for you how, even if we dont get brad smith?

Edited by NoSaint

Levi Brown or someone else would be our developmental QB on the PS. Smith would be our gameday #3 just in case #1 and #2 go down. He would not take any WR slot, which barring injury will be Evans, Stevie, Roscoe, DNelson and Easley, with Donald Jones likely our #6 unless Brad Smith would take his place as a gunner. Smith would play Wildcat QB, whatever crazy package Chan thinks up for him, some RB and some WR, depending on the formation and package. He would help our team in numerous ways (although, again, the need for signing an ILB and maybe a RT is not affected by this whatsoever)

Exactly. Our division rivals all have strong defenses.. Smith would give Chan 3 dangerous toys(CJ, Roscoe, Smith) that can create havoc in open space. All relatively cheap too.

so what your saying is we would have to choose between carrying brown as a 3, or signing him off the street/ps if fitz got hurt, and with the latter we get to dress an extra man on gameday. and this would be a tough decision for you how, even if we dont get brad smith?

Someone else could sign Brown off our PS or off the street so yea I'd rather carry 3 Qbs I like.

And I'd rather have Smith as our 3rd QB and Brown on the PS

Edited by bills_red

Exactly. Our division rivals all have strong defenses.. Smith would give Chan 3 dangerous toys(CJ, Roscoe, Smith) that can create havoc in open space. All relatively cheap too.

+ Nesbitt, if he pans out

We're changing our team name to the Buffalo Slashers

Bills reach agreement with former Jets WR Brad Smith on a 4-yr, $15 million deal.
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Brad Smith expressed desire to stay w/Jets several times, but offer never made. Putting finishes touches on deal to #Bills, per source

http://twitter.com/#!/philipaklein

Sweet!

@TheJetsStream The Jets did make a late offer to Brad Smith, but the Bills deal had more guarenteed money.

http://twitter.com/#!/SG_Mizzou15

Per a Jets team source.

Confirmed by multiple reports.

Finishing touches coming on a deal

http://www.queencitysports.biz/bills/the-bills-sign-wrkrqb-brad-smith

Edited by bills_red