Bills sign Tyler Thigpen

I meant a link that shows the Bills have signed or agreed to terms with Thigpen. :wallbash:

teams are allowed to contact veteran free agents and come to an agreement/understanding....they are NOT allowed to sign contracts until friday at 6pm.

teams can sign contracts with their own free agents and undrafted free agents now.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't give him a shot? I seriously would, he is quick, he's athletic, and maybe you could get him at a decent price...?

He is also an immature, sulking player who (per reports on NFL Network and his former coach) has not figured out that

he needs to put a lot more effort into being a pro QB. In my opinion, that isn't the type of player that you want on a Bills

team that seems to want tough scrappy players who will try to win with extra effort (as opposed to trying to win with

talent).

Had to know it was coming considering his success with Gailey in KC. We needed a proven backup, and we got one. Those who wanted to hire a basket case kid like Vince Young...I don't understand it.

Nor do I understand the near psychotic desire some have had for drafting a talented rookie QB. The Gailey MO has clearly been to take QBs who have shown the skillset required for his O in vet QBs who have failed in their previous starting gigs.

I have yet to see anyone lay out any exampled of Gailey training and making his O work with a rookie (and not yet failed) QB. Perhaps with a QB as apparently talented as Luck drafting a QB early might make sense. However, heading into the last draft I had hoped for no QB taken before the 4th round and was quite happy we avoided this adventure completely.

I have yet to see anyone lay out any exampled of Gailey training and making his O work with a rookie (and not yet failed) QB. Perhaps with a QB as apparently talented as Luck drafting a QB early might make sense. However, heading into the last draft I had hoped for no QB taken before the 4th round and was quite happy we avoided this adventure completely.

I was hoping that they would take a gamble on Mallett.

I was hoping that they would take a gamble on Mallett.

Gamble is the word quite frankly with any QB choice be it Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf. However, the important thing I think to consider is that Gailey has actually had proven success taking the gamble of resurrecting a failed QB like a Kordell, Fiedler (or even Fitzy to some extent). While he has no proven success with training up a talented rookie.

This is in part while I had zero expectation of Bills taking a flyer on Mallet (or even Luck next year) and why it is not surprising at all to see us sign Thigpen.

I feel very good about where we are at QB. Its not that I have any great belief in the talents of either Fitzy or Thigpen, its that I think there is clear evidence of Gailey getting production and even leading a team into the playoffs with a previously failed QB.

Good signing.... CHAMPIONSHIP

You gotta walk before you run and quite frankly crawl before you walk. PLAYOFFS baby is my Vitale like mantra before I even worry about CHAMPIOSHIPS.

Can Fitzy or Thigpen lead this team to an SB win?

Nope (at least hugely doubtful).

Can they lead this team to a playoff appearance?

Yep!

I smell QB controversy. Mmmmm.

No controversy the players love Fitzy, they're not going to support Tyler.

Unless . . .

Somehow Tyler Thigpen looks like John Elway, then there could be a controversy but I doubt it.

Maybe its been mentioned before, but I can't be the only one to be happy over Nix failing to get Jackson. That guy in a Bills uniform would have made the board one sad panda.

Thigpen is the much better choice. History of success with Gailey (on a team that arguably had less talent than even our current squad), still relatively young, athletic and not initially threatening to Fitz's starting job. Couldn't find a better backup QB.

Unless . . .

Somehow Tyler Thigpen looks like John Elway, then there could be a controversy but I doubt it.

Does it matter who the players love? We've seen that play out before.

Unless . . .

If the Bills continue to lose.... it is certainly possible. Remember Fitz threw for a ton of TDs but also took us out of games with INTs. Thigpen wont be better but it wont stop the mob from calling for him.

Ding ding ding. ^

The mob is full of morons that wanted to see aBrohmination behind center.

I'm not really concerned about that, this is the same Fan Base that wanted Jim Kelly benched for the Reich one, baby.

So that's not really a concern of course there will be a brooding horde of slack jawed yokels that will call for Thigpen.

Who cares.

The real counterpoint to my statement is that it doesn't matter what the WR core wants because they are all fighting for a spot so they can't play games. They have to make the most of every opportunity they get because we can't keep all the WRs on the regular season roster.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Tyler has been with Minnesota, KC, and Miami already and he's only 27. Personally, I find it hard to believe he's magically going to be a difference maker.

As usual we sign a marginal player at a marginal salary... Ralph = the anti-Pegula.