Bills sign Tyler Thigpen

I'm really looking forward to see what this guy does in pre season. Should be interesting. I was hoping we'd get somebody better. His "great year with Chan" at least stat wise looks pedestrian. In 14 games 18 TDs and 12 picks. 54 comp % and 6.2 ypa 2600 yards. Fitz did better in all categories last year. In 13 games he had 23 TDs and 15 picks for a 57 % comp and 6.8 ypa 3000 yards. Whenever I saw him play for the Fish, he sucked.

I'm reserving judgment until we see him play. But I was hoping for better.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're saying if the Bills don't win games, and Fitzpatrick is part of the problem, that you don't want to see either the 2nd or 3rd guy given a chance to see if we can get something going?

That is what I'm saying.

You don't put in a new QB because the one you're starting is struggling.

You put in a new QB because the one on the bench gives you a better chance at winning.

There is a distinction there.

You don't shove the next guy in line just because the guy in front isn't performing.

You throw the next guy in line if you think he will do better than the guy thats in.

There was no reason to believe aBrohmination will perform better than Fitzy and if there is evidence that Thigpen is better than Fitzy and gives the team a chance to win, than you start Thigpen.

If Fitzy throws 2 Picks in the 4th, and your attitude is, "well lets see what the other guy can do." That is stupid and will not likely lead to more wins or a stronger team.

Way to make a splash in free agency signing a backup QB!!!! Wow.

And one with a career record of 1-11 as a starter to boot! Go Bills! Hey Buddy clear off your shelf for that Executive of the Year trophy this year!

Oh c'mon, the Bills needed a back-up QB and they got one. Would you feel more secure if Levi Brown was the back-up?

I would feel more secure if Fitz was the backup.

I like how Tavaris Jackson was option A...Thigpen was option B--per Michael Lombard

Rich Gannon just said on Sirius NFL Radio that Tyler Thigpen was the Vikings first choice, with McNabb being their backup plan.

Tavaris looked pretty good against us after Moats put Favre out. Thigpen is a good get. Excellent athlete and raw skills and he's acquired some polish in the league. Solid backup.

Does anybody realize that EVERY quarterback on our roster was drafted in the seventh round?

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Levi Brown

I like the Thigpen signing, but it really shows how the Bills are satisfied to go dumpster diving for the NFL's most important position.

Would it make you feel better if we had a highly-drafted 2nd rounder on the roster (Brohm)?

:)