2011 NFL Predictions...

??? Where?

I think Jauron was a bad coach, and Gailey will get this year, however where was there any real improvement?

The offense was better. You may disagree, but I can't see how, if you watched every game this year, that you don't think the offense was better. The defense was worse, but the addition of Dareus should help our run d immensely. As will the addition of the stache. I'm not saying out d will be good this season, but it should be better and on the upswing. After a year in the offensive system and an off season with fitz the unquestioned QB, it should also see improvement. I can see 7-9 happening, but that's best case scenario considering our schedule. 5-11 with a bunch of close games that could have made us .500 is a better bet IMO. The fAct that we took kc and balt to OT on the road and had the steelers game won minus a blunder, shows me that we are growing and improving.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either 4-12 or 5-11. Hope I'm wrong, but they have the second toughest schedule in the league. They have to face a good NFC east, where iI expect them to go 1-3, but that's balanced by them facing the NFC west, where I expect them to go 2-2. I expect them to go either 1-5 or 2-4 in the arc east. They play the bengals and the titans too. Probably 1-1 against that pair ...

They probably won't be bad enough to get Luck. Here's to hoping that another stud qb comes out of the college woodwork this season ...

Either 4-12 or 5-11. Hope I'm wrong, but they have the second toughest schedule in the league. They have to face a good NFC east, where iI expect them to go 1-3, but that's balanced by them facing the NFC west, where I expect them to go 2-2. I expect them to go either 1-5 or 2-4 in the arc east. They play the bengals and the titans too. Probably 1-1 against that pair ...

They probably won't be bad enough to get Luck. Here's to hoping that another stud qb comes out of the college woodwork this season ...

hard to predict till we see how the FA work pans out. Agree tough schedule how is it that a team finishes in last 3 teams and gets 2nd toughest schedule, understand we have AFC east and NFC east to contend with but geeze the rest should be worse teams in other divisions. Oh well your probably not far off.

9-7

+1

The defense alone will more than likely win a few more games over last year's squad, while I think the offense will look very much like it did when all the receivers were healthy. Very good at times, but some untimely Fitz interceptions hampered the teams ability to stay on the field. I see that happening less, and the defense actually stepping up when it does.

7-9 with a ho-hum Free agency, an awesome Free agency could get them to 9-7, a 3-3 split in the AFC east is a possibility, New England and the Jets might both take a step backwards but I'm expecting Miami to take a small step forwards, the NFC East isn't what it was- still too early and at anytime the Bills could totally disappoint in Free agency.

8-8.

Another roller coaster year for Fitz with some highlight reel performances and some game killing INT's. Defense improves pass rush but still allows too many rushing yards. Gailey getting more out of the players than most other coaches would, but still not enough talent on the team to hang with the big dogs.

Team starting to learn how to close out games that they previously let slip away. Not all, but some. Culture starting to change as the team starts actually believing they can beat anyone and has a couple of surprise wins to prove it. Sweep My Yami and the Dolphins finish at the bottom of the AFC East.

Edited by DrFishfinder

9-7 couple surprises with wins against the gmen and dallas with us going 3-1 in that division. Otherwise 2-4 in afc east with sweep of the fins and 2-2 in afc west. Tennessee and Cleveland are the other two W's.

We were 4-4 in the 2nd half of the season last year. Why wouldn't we continue at .500?

Free Agency is still a wild card. Interested to see who we will lose and who we will sign.

But we do have some up-and-coming younger players who should perform better than last year with added experience. This will be our second year with Gailey's offense and Edwards' defense. Both should function better. And it's our 2nd year with our new S&C coaches who will hopefully reduce the injury rate of the DJ years. We also have Wannstedt to help on the Defense - a needed addition. At last one of this year's draft picks should contribute right away.

All in all, 8-8 seems like a safe prediction.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too early for this thread! Maybe when they get a 53 man roster set.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too early for this thread! Maybe when they get a 53 man roster set.

+1,000,000

Lets see what happens in free agency before we make predictions about our season. My prediction might be drastically different depending on what we do with our UFA's, what FA's we bring in, and also what UDFA's we can sign.

Now this is likely going to change with seeing what they do in free agency. But assuming they do what I think they will do in free agency (Which isn't much outside of resigning Florence and Poz).

But I see the division breaking down like this

Pats* 11-5 (Still have an elite QB but a weak D)

Jets 9-7 (They take a step back as they can't keep all their parts plus no pass rush on D)

Bills 7-9 (Bills take a step up but still have trouble closing out some games)

Dolphins 6-10 (Dolphins have huge QB issues and they don't have an elite D to compensate for it)

Once again its all about what these teams do in free agency but just from how I see it shaking out.