W Miami Dolphins

W Denver Broncos

L @ New England Patriots

10-6 wildcard team

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W/O predicting which games we will win and lose specifically I think we go 8-8. We play in a tough division. Personally I'd love to see us beat the pats at home and see the fans tear down the goal posts afterward. I think we'll be better but I dont think we turn the corner till next year.....

I was curious what it would look like if I went through the whole schedule and picked game by game.

I came out with 8-8 (3-3 division). I tried to be realistic, I think Miami is the team in the basement this year and we'll see a much improved team from the beginning of the year to the end. What does everyone else think?

L @ Kansas City Chiefs

W Oakland Raiders

L New England Patriots

W @ Cincinnati Bengals

L Philadelphia Eagles

W @ New York Giants

- Bye

W Washington Redskins (Tor)

L New York Jets

L @ Dallas Cowboys

W @ Miami Dolphins

W @ New York Jets

W Tennessee Titans

L @ San Diego Chargers

W Miami Dolphins

L Denver Broncos

L @ New England Patriots

Would like to just say 8-8. But I did that last year figuring they couldn't do worse with Gailey instead of Jauron.

Too many unkowns. Who's QB of the Titans? The Fins? The Broncos? Do we beat Washington in Toronto? We can't beat anyone in Toronto.

Miami twice? Maybe, Split with the Jets? Not unless our offense get much better much faster.

6 or 7 wins.

I'm waiting until I know who the players will be. If Buddy can sign some decent free agents, my outlook will be a lot different than starting the season with no RT, TE, backup QB and even Bell at LT.

I am with you on this one. Way too early to guess what we may look like and how we might play. 8 and 8 would be a record that would show serious improvement from last year, but until we get through free agency it is a pure roll of the dice on the predictions.

I want the Bills to win a Super Bowl - as do we all, but I really want them to be just all around excellent again - I want them to be deep, tough, and when they win it, I'd like them to look like the Green Bay Packers did this year - so deep that they did it without some of their best players, so that next year they'll be even better. But, since we're still at the other end of that rebuild (at least, I think we're entering year 2 of what will be really peaking in year 4), I would like to see this year, if we're not going to the playoffs, at least that we get to be good enough where teams no longer look forward to playing us. For a few years there it got to be where the Bills weren't even considered NFL talent; they were like an arena team. You could see it beginning to change last year, we were getting better and better and more disciplined, so that by the end of the year we were scrapping with most anyone.

So, I see us:

L @ Kansas City Chiefs

W Oakland Raiders

L New England Patriots

W @ Cincinnati Bengals

L Philadelphia Eagles

W @ New York Giants

- Bye

W New York Jets

L @ Dallas Cowboys

L @ Miami Dolphins

L @ New York Jets

W Tennessee Titans

L @ San Diego Chargers

W Miami Dolphins

W Denver Broncos

W @ New England Patriots

And we finish 9-7, and one game out of the playoffs, finally beating the Patriots, although they aren't, in this scenerio, playing for anything and we are finally playing consistently good football. My long shot games, IMO, are the Giants and Jets games - because both those teams have periods where they play poorly, and then where they play superbly.

W @ Kansas City Chiefs

W Oakland Raiders

W New England Patriots, finally beat them

W @ Cincinnati Bengals

L Philadelphia Eagles

L @ New York Giants

- Bye

L New York Jets

W @ Dallas Cowboys

L @ Miami Dolphins

W @ New York Jets

W Tennessee Titans

L @ San Diego Chargers

W Miami Dolphins

L Denver Broncos

L @ New England Patriots

I see 9-7 possible 8-8 if we can't get it done in Dallas

W @ Kansas City Chiefs

W Oakland Raiders

W New England Patriots

W @ Cincinnati Bengals

W Philadelphia Eagles

W @ New York Giants

- Bye

W New York Jets

W @ Dallas Cowboys

W @ Miami Dolphins

W @ New York Jets

W Tennessee Titans

W @ San Diego Chargers

W Miami Dolphins

W Denver Broncos

W @ New England Patriots

- Bye

W Divisional Playoff

W AFC Championship

W Super Bowl

19-0 SUPER BOWL BABY! (props to the Senator)

Gotta love Bills fans. They went 4-12 last season and this year:

1) The offense is the same as last year.

2) Added one potentially very good rookie defensive lineman.

3) Maybe Merriman manages to walk onto the field without hurting himself, and can play at or near his roid level (not likely, but maybe).

4) The Bills opponents, based on last years records anyway, are better than last years opponents.

So the Bills defense is improved (if Merriman works out maybe significantly improved), and the offense is the same. Looking at the previous posts I see most have the Bills at 8-8 or better. With some going much better and talking playoffs.

Yeah, its mid summer at TBD to be sure :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

The Bills are a 5-7 win team. My main focus will be watching to see if last year's draft picks get more playing time and steadily improve. Another thing I will be looking for is to see whether the Bills get involved in the free agent market. I'm sure the Bills won't go for the free agent splash. That is not what I want. If they get three mid-level contributing free agents and for the most part keep their own free agents (Poz) then I will get the sense that there is a plan and a direction for this franchise to move forward.

The bottom line is whether Nix can string together a few consecutive solid drafts. It's going to take at least another two drafts before this team can be taken seriously.

Edited by JohnC

3) Maybe Merriman manages to walk onto the field without hurting himself, and can play at or near his roid level (not likely, but maybe).

4) The Bills opponents, based on last years records anyway, are better than last years opponents.

So the Bills defense is improved (if Merriman works out maybe significantly improved), and the offense is the same. Looking at the previous posts I see most have the Bills at 8-8 or better. With some going much better and talking playoffs.

You said exactly what I was going to say - Bills fans are an optimistic bunch. It never fails - every year before the season someone posts this poll and well over 50% have the Bills finishing better than .500, and usually 1/4 to 1/3 think we'll get double digit wins. In the past decade we have had 1 winning season, 2 seasons at .500, zero seasons with double-digit wins and zero playoff appearances.

They say that previous performance should not be used to predict future performance and that is true, but I don't see where we have drastically changed into a playoff team, nor do I see our divisional opponents as getting substantially weaker. I'll know it's fall when I come back here and read how we are going to the playoffs because we beat the Chiefs and Raiders or suicidal posts from fans wondering whether this could possibly be the worst team in Buffalo Bills history because we haven't won a game yet.

I'm thinking 5-6 wins (I predicted 4 last year and got it right).

:lol: No peeing in the Cheerios till the season starts....

I'll await the free agency signings, if the Bills are really forced to spend with the new CBA, and can actually obtain some players to help this season....then perhaps 8-8 isn't that far fetched.

OTOH, if the Nix declares he is going to get some sleep again this year, and then signs another Cornell Green :bag:

It's still early, without Free Agency and injuries - after all, if Brady got hurt badly early, then our division would look considerably different. I was thinking, though, that my earlier prediction of 7-9 to 9-7 was pretty much based on where teams are at now. To begin with, I think our offense is set to be outstanding. In my opinion we have one of the best recieving corps in the league, although we don't have a very good recieving TE, which hurts that position, but our RB's and recievers are outstanding, I think. Our running game is going to get much, much better with Fred as the designated starter from day 1, with Spiller one year stronger, smarter in regards how the NFL is, and more prepared, and our O-line will feature Bell and Wood with a full offseason of healthy rest and strength rehab.

I believe if we could add a good RT, maybe a good enough backup LT, and a good TE, we could be featuring one of the top offenses in the league. I know a lot of that has to do with Fitz being more accurate, the line being more consistent, Spiller improving, etc. I know it could go the other way and that it usually falls in the middle, but I think we're destined to have a very potent offense here very soon, whether it is this year or next. If it can happen this year, we could be playing meaningfull games in December.

Just imagine how different our offense would look with: Tyson Clabo, Z. Miller, and Vince Young

Crazy? Sure. But, Young will probably be easily had - I don't think we'll go for him, though. My point is just that anything can happen still, and we're maybe a long way from knowing how we're going to look in September. Let's hope our Front Office wants it as bad as we do.

Going to adjust expectations for after this free agent frenzy but based off of what we know.

Week 1- @KC W (I just don't believe in KC this year I think they take a step back)

Week 2- Oakland Raiders W (Oakland during the home opener I take that as a win)

Week 3- New England Pats* L (I will believe we can beat NE* when we do it)

Week 4- @ Bengals W(Not much a believer in Cincy Bills get the win)

Week 5- Eagles L (Philly is just a better team)

Week 6- @ NYG L (Giants once again just a better team)

Week 7- BYE

Week 8- Washington Redskins W (Bills come out hungry at home after bye)

Week 9- New York Jets L (Jets to me seem like they a better team right now but this one could be an upset)

Week 10- @ Dallas Cowboys L (Tough to win on the road Cowboys will be improved)

Week 11- @ Dolphins L (Division game away Fins won't be good but won't be terrible)

Week 12- @ New York Jets L (Better team on the road)

Week 13- Titans W (Home game Bills snap losing streak)

Week 14- @ Chargers L (Tough to win on the road in the NFL)

Week 15- Miami W (Bills split series with Fins)

Week 16- Denver Broncos W (Don't think Broncos are very good won't beat Bills on the road)

Week 17- @ Pats* L (Once again just think Pats* are better right now)

So I have them going 7-9 which is a 3 game improvement from last season. But they still go 1-5 in the division. Once again if this team does more in free agency than I think they will do it could go up but for now 7-9 is where I think they will finish.

Its an improvement but its all about how they develop.

I agree with all of what you said, except that i believe buffalo will win both games against miami. i say 8-8.... btw which game is the toronto game? buffalo will lose that one too.

Monday, we hopefully will welcome back the return of football. As a diehard Bills fan and NFL fan, my four-and-a-half month long nightmare will finally be over when the NFLPA votes to get back onto the field and resume the greatest sport in the world. Now, we can get to the point in the year when fans of every one of the 32 teams can be eternal optimists and believe their team has a shot this year.

That said, as a Bills fan, I can't resist being optimistic. At the same time, we need to be realistic. Buffalo's worst days as a franchise are behind them. They do, however, still play in a division that includes Tom Brady and the Patriots and a Jets team that's blanketed with talent. So, here's how I see the season shaping up. I do apologize in advance for the record that I gave the Bills. It is an all to familiar one. But it is a significant improvement from 4-12 and I believe next year may be the year the Bills finally return to a contender in the AFC:

AFC EAST NFC EAST

________ ________

1. N.Y. JETS (11-5) 1. Philadelphia (12-4)

2. New England (10-6) 2. Dallas (10-6)

3. Buffalo (7-9) 3. N.Y. Giants (7-9)

4. Miami (3-13) 4. Washington (6-10)

AFC NORTH NFC NORTH

_________ _________

1. Baltimore (12-4) 1. Green Bay (11-5)

2. Pittsburgh (9-7) 2. Detroit (9-7)

3. Cleveland (5-11) 3. Chicago (7-9)

4. Cincinnati (2-14) 4. Minnesota (5-11)

AFC South NFC SOUTH

_________ _________

1. Indianapolis (11-5) 1. Tampa Bay (10-6)

2. Houston (9-7) 2. New Orleans (10-6)

3. Jacksonville (6-10) 3. Atlanta (8-8)

4. Tennessee (5-11) 4. Carolina (2-14)

AFC WEST NFC WEST

________ ________

1. San Diego (10-6) 1. Seattle (10-6)

2. Oakland (8-8) 2. Arizona (8-8)

3. Kansas City (7-9) 3. St. Louis (4-12)

4. Denver (5-11) 4. San Francisco (1-15)

AFC CHAMPION - BALTIMORE RAVENS NFC CHAMPION - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

SUPERBOWL XLVI CHAMPION - BALTIMORE RAVENS

Although the Bills have a pretty tough schedule, I saw a lot of improvement under Chan and I would think the Bills could only get better. So I would have to agree with the Bills going 7-9. I think the AFC champion will be the New York Jets and the NFC champion will be the Philadelphia Eagles. The Superbowl champion will be the Philadelphia Eagles.

Monday, we hopefully will welcome back the return of football. As a diehard Bills fan and NFL fan, my four-and-a-half month long nightmare will finally be over when the NFLPA votes to get back onto the field and resume the greatest sport in the world. Now, we can get to the point in the year when fans of every one of the 32 teams can be eternal optimists and believe their team has a shot this year.

That said, as a Bills fan, I can't resist being optimistic. At the same time, we need to be realistic. Buffalo's worst days as a franchise are behind them. They do, however, still play in a division that includes Tom Brady and the Patriots and a Jets team that's blanketed with talent. So, here's how I see the season shaping up. I do apologize in advance for the record that I gave the Bills. It is an all to familiar one. But it is a significant improvement from 4-12 and I believe next year may be the year the Bills finally return to a contender in the AFC:

AFC EAST NFC EAST

________ ________

1. N.Y. JETS (11-5) 1. Philadelphia (12-4)

2. New England (10-6) 2. Dallas (10-6)

3. Buffalo (7-9) 3. N.Y. Giants (7-9)

4. Miami (3-13) 4. Washington (6-10)

AFC NORTH NFC NORTH

_________ _________

1. Baltimore (12-4) 1. Green Bay (11-5)

2. Pittsburgh (9-7) 2. Detroit (9-7)

3. Cleveland (5-11) 3. Chicago (7-9)

4. Cincinnati (2-14) 4. Minnesota (5-11)

AFC South NFC SOUTH

_________ _________

1. Indianapolis (11-5) 1. Tampa Bay (10-6)

2. Houston (9-7) 2. New Orleans (10-6)

3. Jacksonville (6-10) 3. Atlanta (8-8)

4. Tennessee (5-11) 4. Carolina (2-14)

AFC WEST NFC WEST

________ ________

1. San Diego (10-6) 1. Seattle (10-6)

2. Oakland (8-8) 2. Arizona (8-8)

3. Kansas City (7-9) 3. St. Louis (4-12)

4. Denver (5-11) 4. San Francisco (1-15)

AFC CHAMPION - BALTIMORE RAVENS NFC CHAMPION - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

SUPERBOWL XLVI CHAMPION - BALTIMORE RAVENS

I agree with most of what you said, except that I believe San Fran and Houston will both make the playoffs this year. They're long overdue.

Although the Bills have a pretty tough schedule, I saw a lot of improvement under Chan and I would think the Bills could only get better. So I would have to agree with the Bills going 7-9. I think the AFC champion will be the New York Jets and the NFC champion will be the Philadelphia Eagles. The Superbowl champion will be the Philadelphia Eagles.

??? Where?

I think Jauron was a bad coach, and Gailey will get this year, however where was there any real improvement?