Orton

I wanted him, til I saw his contract. If he made 3-4 mill he would be a perfect guy to get us through the season as fitz backup. If fitz struggles, yes there is a chance he will suck, he could step in and give us a chance to win. That's not something that can be said for the other qbs we might potentially be looking at (except VY), IMO. But the contract sucks, so no. Sign a FA and keep the picks.

Ahh that's right he might be released, I forgot the story. If he is, except VY he will be the best QB available and he will find a starting position somewhere. So if they can I would think they will try, he is a very good player to have as a back up. @3mil wouldn't he be in fact making more than Fitz though?

Nobody is a bigger Fitz supporter on TBD than me. I was making the case for him to be the starter this time last year. However, Orton is a MUCH better passer and would prosper in the Coach Gailey offense. Last year he threw 20 TDs vs 9 picks. Carreer he's 71 TD/48 picks. I'd love to get him. The only thing that I don't like about a trade for a 4 or 5 for him is that he is on the last year of his contract. If we could get an extension as part of the trade, then yeah get him.

We need more talent. Especially at QB. If we could bring him in, let him have a decent shot at the deal. That's what Coach Gailey and Buddy Nix say they plan to do. Competition is a good thing. Plus if one gets hurt, we'd have a real QB we could bring him who could give us a chance to win.

I too like Levi, but he ain't ready for prime time.

I think that the Vikings will actually pick him up for a 4th and that would make a lot of sense. BUT the Bills should stay away Orton is a nice QB but is he going to do much more than Fitz, and the guy isn't going to want to take a backseat to Fitz and be the backup.

The Bills need a backup QB which would come at a much cheaper price.

No. And I have to ask...why would we want to change QBs this season when there will barely be enough time for training camp? Bringing in a new starting QB will just set the Bills back even further. I mean I could understand if it was a some legit name QB but ORTON??? Seriously??? Do we love losing that much?

PTR

So bringing in a QB who's started 62 NFL games is pointless because there were no OTAs in May? Seriously???

I read on PFT today that the Broncos are shopping Kyle for a mid round pick does any buddy think he would be worth something that the Bills would be untested in for maybe a 4th or 5th round pick. I think he would give Fitzy good competition and that could be a good thing .

No, we need all our picks and Fitz needs to be the clear #1 so he can get the reps and become the true leader of this team, bringing in another equal competitor would set us back at this point.

Marc Bulger

Tyler Thigpen

Billy Volek

Seneca Wallace

They're all vets and none will challenge/not sign because Fitz is the starter.

Vokek might sign. If he is a sane person, he should know that there is no NFL team where he will be able to challange for the starting spot. Also, what about Charlie Batch? Think we can get him up here. It's close to Pgh, and the Steelers have 4 QB's, one has to go.

I dont think there is any difference between Orton and Fitz. Both are capable NFL QBs but neither will ever be a top 10 QB in this league. That said, Orton may have gotten more chances than Fitz because he played at Purdue rather than Harvard, but skill, smarts, and overall talent is pretty much the same. I like him as a Backup, but not for a draft pick. We need those. Personally, I like Levi as the #2 Qb, and possible successor to Fitz and ultimately Kelly. I think he has a lot of talent. The only reason he didn't make it out of Camp was because Chan and the guys were new to B-Lo and didnt want to get rid of the 3rd rounder made starter, the 7th rounder made spark-plug, and the 2nd rounder who had all the potential... You know?

I agree with your thoughts on Levi Brown. He has physical tools, some smarts, and seems to have intangibles. Let's see what Chan and company can do. Wouldn't it be nice if "7" - as in 7th round - turned out to be the Bills' lucky number? Stevie Johnson, Demetrius Bell, Levi Brown, Michael Jasper...

Marc Bulger

Tyler Thigpen

Billy Volek

Seneca Wallace

They're all vets and none will challenge/not sign because Fitz is the starter.

Get an arm without using draft pics. That is what I say. Doesnt even need to be a big name. Just an arm for a year. Then we dont tie up money if we draft a QB and we dont loose draft picks.

I agree with your thoughts on Levi Brown. He has physical tools, some smarts, and seems to have intangibles. Let's see what Chan and company can do. Wouldn't it be nice if "7" - as in 7th round - turned out to be the Bills' lucky number? Stevie Johnson, Demetrius Bell, Levi Brown, Michael Jasper...

After Brown was released and it took awhile to re-sign him, I wrote him off. If they get anything out of him, it's gravy.

Nobody is a bigger Fitz supporter on TBD than me. I was making the case for him to be the starter this time last year. However, Orton is a MUCH better passer and would prosper in the Coach Gailey offense. Last year he threw 20 TDs vs 9 picks. Carreer he's 71 TD/48 picks. I'd love to get him. The only thing that I don't like about a trade for a 4 or 5 for him is that he is on the last year of his contract. If we could get an extension as part of the trade, then yeah get him.

We need more talent. Especially at QB. If we could bring him in, let him have a decent shot at the deal. That's what Coach Gailey and Buddy Nix say they plan to do. Competition is a good thing. Plus if one gets hurt, we'd have a real QB we could bring him who could give us a chance to win.

Orton in buffalo would be the best move I can possibly think of.. The guy is just as good as Fitz, he is smart, accurate, and has played backup enough in his career to not have an huge Ego problem if he were to get traded here to back up Fitz and protect this team from another 4-12 season. Levi Brown or Orton? Its a joke. Thigpen or Orton? Even funnier, I'd rather have Brown than thigpen. Gradkowski is interesting to me. Orton, YES! I am not totally convinced that Fitz is the guy yet and if you feel any different than why hasn't Buffalo paid him? Think about it... How much would a 5 year deal cost Buffalo right now? How about after this season if he throws 3500 yds and 20 td? If Buffalo believes he is the guy, he will get a contract by week 6 guaranteed.. Until then, I will take any QB out there that has shown the ability to play a pro style offense in the nfl, especially considering he would be a backup for now.

Orton needs a perfect pocket to throw and eats the ball under pressure. Fitz blows orton out of the water on pressure situations in terms of ball coming out and scrambling. It's easy to put up a good qb rating when you eat the ball all the time. See rob johnsons career stats.

Don't know what Brown's intangibles are, but last year in camp he looks very much out of shape. He was sucking wind and dragging on every drill. Hard to imagine he is more motivated and in shape after a lockout and no organized training.