Aaron Maybin

If you google Aaron Maybin, the first prompt is "Aaron Maybin bust". I'm wondering if that can motivate this kid to get going. He's got talent, speed....I saw him destroy a guy in a game at KC two years ago. If he could just do that about 8 times a game, we might have something.

Has he no pride? Does he want to go down in history as "Aaron Maybin bust," or "Aaron Maybin's Bust in NFL Hall of Fame"?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the guys deal is , i didn't think ever since we drafted him by his bogus reaction on draft day that he wanted to be in a Bills uni .

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy is sand bagging in a way to get out of town . Sittin back collecting a check & probably a pretty good one , just waiting to get out of Buffalo .

I would really like to see him do something but i don't think he will , he's a one year wonder he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to play on the line as a DE or a LB , hey maybe we can put him in as a safety ---- he wouldn't have to as big & he has some speed to him .

Yah i know that a stupid idea !!!!! :oops:

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy is sand bagging in a way to get out of town . Sittin back collecting a check & probably a pretty good one , just waiting to get out of town

You don't have to play badly to get out of town. When his contract is uP he can leave whether he is a pro bowler or bench warmer. But with his lack of production no one will actually sign this guy.

I don't know what the guys deal is , i didn't think ever since we drafted him by his bogus reaction on draft day that he wanted to be in a Bills uni .

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy is sand bagging in a way to get out of town . Sittin back collecting a check & probably a pretty good one , just waiting to get out of Buffalo .

I would really like to see him do something but i don't think he will , he's a one year wonder he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to play on the line as a DE or a LB , hey maybe we can put him in as a safety ---- he wouldn't have to as big & he has some speed to him .

He wasn't even a one year wonder he was like a 3 game wonder. He owes that LT at eastern coastal Carolina a thank you card for all the money he got from beating him up.

Edited by NoSaint

"It wouldn't surprise me if the guy is sand bagging in a way to get out of town . Sittin back collecting a check & probably a pretty good one , just waiting to get out of Buffalo." . . . . Really? :wallbash:

How about this theory: He's just not very good!

I hope he goes out and proves us all wrong, but I doubt he'll be on the roster come 9/11. I really do hope he is, but I just doubt it.

For the last time, Maybin's problems aren't because of lack of effort. Gailey has said that he is a very hard worker and I can't remember ever hearing that he is lazy. Of course, being a hard worker won't make you a good NFL player. Some players have "it", other's don't. Maybin is the latter.

For the last time, Maybin's problems aren't because of lack of effort. Gailey has said that he is a very hard worker and I can't remember ever hearing that he is lazy. Of course, being a hard worker won't make you a good NFL player. Some players have "it", other's don't. Maybin is the latter.

I have heard undertones of him not always wanting to go in the same/right direction. A hard worker that's stubborn or thick headed about the right way to do the work to get to the goals

If you google Aaron Maybin, the first prompt is "Aaron Maybin bust". I'm wondering if that can motivate this kid to get going. He's got talent, speed....I saw him destroy a guy in a game at KC two years ago. If he could just do that about 8 times a game, we might have something.

Has he no pride? Does he want to go down in history as "Aaron Maybin bust," or "Aaron Maybin's Bust in NFL Hall of Fame"?

Tweet him and find out...

He can bench press three hookers.

he will be gone this year so lets move on.

Too bad we can't install Aaron Schobel's high motor into a guy like Maybin

Too bad we can't install Schobel's size, strength and pass rushing ability into Maybin. His motor doesn't seem to be holding Aaron back. He's physically and mentally over matched.

I would really like to see him do something but i don't think he will , he's a one year wonder he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to play on the line as a DE or a LB

Do you guys realize that, although there is a big difference in size and overall reputation between Dareus & Maybin, Dareus only started 15 games at Alabama?? He missed 2 of 13 games due to suspension in '10 and only started 4 games as a sophomore.

Why is he not considered a 1-year wonder with this limted experience, that Nix was trying to avoid?

Do you guys realize that, although there is a big difference in size and overall reputation between Dareus & Maybin, Dareus only started 15 games at Alabama?? He missed 2 of 13 games due to suspension in '10 and only started 4 games as a sophomore.

Why is he not considered a 1-year wonder with this limted experience, that Nix was trying to avoid?

Although he didn't start, Dareus was an impact Player on bama's national title team as a sophomore

He wasn't even a one year wonder he was like a 3 game wonder. He owes that LT at eastern coastal Carolina a thank you card for all the money he got from beating him up.

+1

I was like you after the draft I went to Penn States website to see who his sacks were against and plus I watched a few games (Iowa& USC)and he really didn't impress me at all. I was wondering what was all the hype about this guy at the combine.

OBD really dropped the ball with this one, I am not gonna continue to beat the guy up. He tries, he's just not good enough at this level...he was drafted about 4-5 rds to early (not his fault).

This kid is another reason why first round picks shouldn't get huge money contracts, until they have done something in the NFL !

He didn't draft himself...

It's funny watching everyone attack him personally for not living up to a draft pick and defensive position he had no business being in.

Those that question his work ethic, I simply ask for links to back that up. I've heard nothing of the sort

But of course, everyone here has a cousin's sister's boss' dog's walker on the weekends who knows a guy at the hot dog stand at the stadium who says he's a loafer... <_<

Not one person has mentioned the party responsible for picking him so high or for a position he simply cannot play in the NFL.

EDIT: except for the person above me... :blush:

Edited by billsrcursed