Anybody watching women's world cup?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we send the Women's WC team to Brazil in 2012? They'd play better and have a better chance of winning than the band of invalid mouth-breathing retards we normally send to the men's world cup.

It was FIFA/the refs trying to give Brazil every advantage they could after being down 1-0 and looking like they were going to go down. The play should never have been called a penalty in the first place, much less a red card given. And on the 2nd goal by Marta, there was clear off-sides. With officiating like that, as well as all the flopping, it makes soccer almost impossible to stomach.

On the women's side, the fake injuries are rarely seen. The huge exception to that was on display yesterday as Brazil is a team that fakes like the men.

Can we send the Women's WC team to Brazil in 2012? They'd play better and have a better chance of winning than the band of invalid mouth-breathing retards we normally send to the men's world cup.

The announcer said that the Brazil men's team was taking a thumping Saturday and the fans started chanting "We want Marta."

The US men's team is often a World Cup qualifier, which is a big improvement over the doormat they once were. Still need to get better.

Rapinoe's pass to Wambaugh for the second goal was a thing of beauty.

So much. And not getting enough credit, IMO. If it were a different kind of football, Rapinoe would be the quarterback, and all we'd hear about is the beautiful pass just over the cornerback's hands and right on the receiver's numbers. (Now, imagine doing that with your foot.)

To be sure, Wambach got to the right spot, called for the ball, and buried it, and she definitely deserves the credit she's getting. I just wish Rapinoe were receiving more attention than she appears to be receiving. That cross was absolutely SICK.

It's forgotten now, but that was such a joke how that Brazil girl faked the injury. And, they give her a yellow card. What does that even do?

Second yellow is a red which is an ejection for that and the next game. Back to back games with yellows disqualify you for the next game.

So basically nothing..

Regarding the re-do on the penalty kick that Hope blocked.

Encroaching happens, but is rarely called , like traveling in the NBA

Fifa actually said it was because Solo moved forward (which she clearly did not even when you watch the replay in super slow-mo). Just wow. I'm not sure if the thought of the fix being in is any more scary than an honest ref being that incompetent at her job.

So much. And not getting enough credit, IMO. If it were a different kind of football, Rapinoe would be the quarterback, and all we'd hear about is the beautiful pass just over the cornerback's hands and right on the receiver's numbers. (Now, imagine doing that with your foot.)

To be sure, Wambach got to the right spot, called for the ball, and buried it, and she definitely deserves the credit she's getting. I just wish Rapinoe were receiving more attention than she appears to be receiving. That cross was absolutely SICK.

This +100. With her left foot too. And her PK was perfect...<3 Meghan.

What really kills soccer for me is the way they keep time. To me it's insane not to play to a hard clock instead of a referee's whim. I'd also stop the clock for injury. None of this faking schitt.

Yeah, the "stoppage time" seems completely arbitrary and another reason to :rolleyes:.

Fifa actually said it was because Solo moved forward (which she clearly did not even when you watch the replay in super slow-mo). Just wow. I'm not sure if the thought of the fix being in is any more scary than an honest ref being that incompetent at her job.

I thought that the official reason given was that Solo allegedly moved forward, which she most certainly didn't do. Then I heard people talking about the encroachment by the other US player and thought it was weak call at best. Again more evidence the fix was in. What's funny was to hear the Brazilians say they didn't deserve to lose. :w00t:

So basically nothing..

It's like your first technical.

I didn't hear the FIFA response, but the replays showed not that Solo moved off the line, but that another American at the top of the box "encroached" by coming back early. If there was a call to make, that was the one. Solo did nothing wrong.

This +100. With her left foot too. And her PK was perfect...<3 Meghan.

The cross was THE play.

Every single game I've watched in last year's WC and this year's WWC, the stoppage time at the end is 3 minutes...........So, next, not only will the fake injury involve a stretcher and a team of paramedics, but it'll also involve Mercy Flight and take 10 minutes, and they'll still only have 3 minutes of stoppage time.

Just stop the freakin' clock when the ball can't be played. I've been to high school games where the ball gets kicked into the parking lot with 15 seconds of so, and that's the end of the game because the team defending was leading, so they just don't bother going to get the ball.

Damn, after listening to everyone talk (radio, work, here) I wish I had watched it. I don't even like the sport, but sounds very dramatic. Glad you fans had a good time with it.

Even if you don't like soccer, what made this match so interesting was the

level of the rivalry between US and Brazil. The quickness of the first goal added drama

The intensity of the play was high. The penalty and red card really ratched up the intensity.

The dramatic timing of Wambaugh's goal and Solo's save during the shootout made this a great contest.

When talking to one of my buddies at work today , I compared

Rapinoe's cross to Wambaugh to Joe Montana's pass to Dwight Clark against Dallas.

THAT'S how good that pass was IMHO.

level of the rivalry between US and Brazil. The quickness of the first goal added drama

The intensity of the play was high. The penalty and red card really ratched up the intensity.

The dramatic timing of Wambaugh's goal and Solo's save during the shootout made this a great contest.

Rapinoe's cross to Wambaugh to Joe Montana's pass to Dwight Clark against Dallas.

That's a good comparison.

I definitely agree about Rapinoe's cross...the more I watch it back, the more impressive it is. These ladies truly play as a team. I don't know a thing about their coach, but she's doing a great job. These girls are a force to be reckoned with, and to be able to hit both a clutch goal to send it to PKs and then for the beautiful and talented Hope Solo to come up big with the save...just a whole lot to love about these ladies.

I don't give womens soccer enough credit...the level of skill they were exhibiting was top notch. They are truly athletes and talented ones at that. They deserved that victory yesterday. For Brazil to say otherwise is just pathetic. I think they're going to come out and smoke the french, and then it will be a tough match against the winner of the other semifinal for all the marbles.

Soccer officiating is an embarrassment. Furthermore, any player carted off needs to have to sit for a pre-determined length of game time. You need to be carted off, you sit for 10 or 15 minutes, and your team either uses 1 of their subs, or plays short-handed.

The officiating and what Brazil did was sickening, and is the biggest reason why 98% of people in the US think soccer blows. At least they got theirs.

I definitely agree about Rapinoe's cross...the more I watch it back, the more impressive it is. These ladies truly play as a team. I don't know a thing about their coach, but she's doing a great job. These girls are a force to be reckoned with, and to be able to hit both a clutch goal to send it to PKs and then for the beautiful and talented Hope Solo to come up big with the save...just a whole lot to love about these ladies.

I don't give womens soccer enough credit...the level of skill they were exhibiting was top notch. They are truly athletes and talented ones at that. They deserved that victory yesterday. For Brazil to say otherwise is just pathetic. I think they're going to come out and smoke the french, and then it will be a tough match against the winner of the other semifinal for all the marbles.

I think women's soccer is the best team sport played by women you can watch.

PTR

Just watched it about five more times, because, well, why not? Anyway, look at Rapinoe after that kick; she looks JUST like a QB trying to see what happens with the pass. The whole damned thing was a football play but with a head, instead of hands at the end, and with the pass coming off of a foot and not an arm. And it was freaking perfect.

I haven't backread this at all, just wanted to chime in, the Brazil game was amazing, and we have some very good looking ladies playing for the USA

Yes...yes we do