Anybody watching women's world cup?

Even Julie Foudy couldn't figure out how much time was left in the game!

Julie Foudy's no DC Tom. She made similar mistakes in other games she called.

By the way, the thinking with the two 15 minute mini-halves is to have the teams switch sides to balance out any weather advantage (sun or wind). I admit, it's kind of silly, but that's the rationale.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew when Japan tied it up for the 2nd time that the women were going to lose. And I agree that PK's is the worst way to end a soccer match. It's basically an automatic goal, unless the goalie guesses right. That's not soccer.

By the way, the thinking with the two 15 minute mini-halves is to have the teams switch sides to balance out any weather advantage (sun or wind). I admit, it's kind of silly, but that's the rationale.

Especially when it's an indoor field.

Especially when it's an indoor field.

That was a really interesting stadium. I was trying to get a grasp of the architecture, cause I've never seen anything like that before. Those darn Germans...

That was a really interesting stadium. I was trying to get a grasp of the architecture, cause I've never seen anything like that before. Those darn Germans...

I was trying to figure out how a stadium that big could only seat ~45,000 people....

Julie Foudy's no DC Tom. She made similar mistakes in other games she called.

I'm not sure if I should be insulted or not... :unsure: Hell, I'm not even sure if Foudy should be insulted or not.

Just curious...has anyone made a "Twenty-two girls, one cup" joke here yet?

Tonight's game - WNY Flash (Marta, Alex) vs. magicJack (Abby, Hope) is now going to be broadcast nationally on Fox Soccer channel. 7:30 start time...........Sold out game. Can't even get standing room.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see it know.......

Scene: man walks up to a convince store counter, hat pulled down low, sunglasses on even though it's the middle of the night.

"I'll take this 6 pack, some twizzlers, a big gulp, a snickers bar, and [in hushed tone] an ESPN Magazine.

I can see it know.......

Scene: man walks up to a convince store counter, hat pulled down low, sunglasses on even though it's the middle of the night.

"I'll take this 6 pack, some twizzlers, a big gulp, a snickers bar, and [in hushed tone] an ESPN Magazine.

And the guy behind the counter goes, "Hey, aren't you Bob Bradley? Didn't you used to be the coach of the men's national team?"

"Being naked outside is very liberating....atleast I hope it will be @ESPN and @ESPNMAG!!! GAMETIME BABY! Ball up!"

And yet, especially with her being a large girl, that last bit is a little :huh: .

Diana Taurasi did a spread for that series IIRC with her hair down and... Yowza! :blush:

• 1 month later...