RIP Ryan Dunn

I love how every death thread on this board quickly turns into a WBC event. I'm impressed by the consistency around here.

I won't be surprised if WBC protests at his funeral.

And they won't get the irony of jackasses protesting at the funeral of a Jackass.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Either way, he's still an idiot. Driving at those speeds, you're putting yourself at risk (I guess the speeding thing is another assumption though). But I will give him credit for one thing, at least he didn't take out a second car while doing it. A minor victory, but hey, it's something.

Anybody here drive a car like a GT3. These cars are pretty scary.

I almost posted this last night, but didnt want to get into it.

The Porsche 911 GT3 is one of the fastest, most powerful street cars you can buy. It wasn't necessarily the booze that killed these guys. It was the 110mph on roads that werent designed for those speeds. Between the booze and the MPH, if you can remove one from the equation, they live if you remove the speed.

Of course it could be argued that he was only driving that fast because he was drunk, but that's a pretty weak argument.

Not excusing or acquitting him, but lets face it, drunk or sober, going into the woods at 110mph is the main problem.

The bartender claims that Dunn wasn't even remotely drunk. This could be him protecting his own arse after over-serving then letting a patron drive (makes him liable if he is drunk).

The body didn't burn, it was recovered before the car went up in flames. They're doing the toxicology on it right now.

If it comes out he was sober, a lot of "holier than thou" folks on this board better be ready with a mea culpa. I'm going to wait to pass judgement on the guy until we find out if he was wasted.

If he was, then he's an absolute idiot.

If he was neither drunk or driving 100 I'll gladly issue a mea culpa and maybe would should wait for the facts, I'll give you that.. But if he was doing either of those, being critical of him is not even close to being "holier than thou". It's having respect for your fellow man by not engaging in those activities. If he did do either, for once the right person died instead of the family of 4 on the way home from grandmas that is too often the victims while the idiot walks away.

I'll say it and if it makes me holier than thou I could care less. If you drink and drive, you're a f'in dumbass and I don't care what happens to you. I do believe in redemption, but that is earned by your actions that follow and you're still a dumbass for ever doing it. This isn't 1950, it's well understood what alcohol does to your judgement and ability and knowing that if you still choose to make that decision I'll pass judgement on you without remorse.

Local news said cause of death was blunt force trauma...the say he was going 130 mph on a road that isn't conducive to those speeds. Apparently he was at a local west Chester establishment, barnabys. Tox reports should be out in 4-6 weeks

RIP.

I do have to add that people need to drive those fancy sports cars safely. I'll never understand the logic for allowing cars that exceed the legal speed limit by more than 3X. Add in young guys that feel invincible and you have a recipe for disaster.

Many are highly inexperienced with these sort of high performance cars

Edited by roush

Anybody here drive a car like a GT3. These cars are pretty scary.

Many are highly inexperienced with these sort of high performance cars

A friend used to have an NSX that I drove a few times and even that was pretty intense. Agree that people can get in over their heads in high end performance cars.

Well then, he's a !@#$ing idiot. There's not a single damn reason on the face of the earth to get behind a wheel when you're that drunk. Thankfully, he didn't hit anyone else.

Well then, he's a !@#$ing idiot. There's not a single damn reason on the face of the earth to get behind a wheel when you're that drunk. Thankfully, he didn't hit anyone else.

Well, other than the passenger Navy Seal :(

According to police, he was twice over the legal limit and doing 130 MPH at the time of the accident. Darwinism at it's very finest. Thank goodness no one else got hurt from the accident other than the driver and passenger. That thing was a bullet on wheels.