Raise The Debt Limit Already!

Yes, and not very good ones, IMO. Any serious discussion on the economy focuses on the housing market, consumer spending and the fact that it has been governments cutting jobs, not businesses, that is really holding back a more serious recovery and none of those things you mentioned seriously address those issues. The private secor has created 1.7 million new jobs just this past year, but that was heavily off set by the huge number of GOVERNMENT workers losing their jobs to tea party calls for less government. And there is no way to connect cap and trade to the housing market, is there? And on top of all that historically we are looking at a long recovery, as most financial crisis take years to recover from. You are acting as if Obama could just do what Conservative Politicains want then things would be great!

Read the discussion in yesterday's wall street journal about that. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304584404576440203602314190.html?mod=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read

Was there an institution holding you back?

A little more about the EPA and their new regulations and how it is expected to affect jobs

Nine top business and industry officials walked into EPA headquarters Friday afternoon to tell agency chief Lisa Jackson exactly what they think of her plans to tighten the federal ozone standard.

But they left the meeting convinced that EPA planned to stick to its guns and are now taking their case to a higher power: The White House. They say the stricter ozone standards would hurt both industry and President Barack Obama’s chances for reelection.

Representatives from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, National Association of Manufacturers, the Business Roundtable and other industry groups met with Jackson, EPA Deputy Administrator Bob Perciasepe and EPA air chief Gina McCarthy for more than an hour Friday, during which they urged the agency to abandon its plans to tighten the George W. Bush administration’s 2008 ozone standard.

Jay Timmons, president of the National Association of Manufacturers, said after the meeting that while the tone of the meeting was “very respectful,” Jackson indicated that her plan was to issue a new ozone standard between 60 and 70 parts per billion when averaged over an eight-hour period.

The Bush administration tightened the ozone limits from 84 ppb to 75 ppb in 2008, despite scientific advisers' recommendations to issue a standard between 60 ppb and 70 ppb.

“Her point was that 60 to 70 is the scientific standard that should be taken into consideration or should have been taken into consideration, so my assumption is it will fall somewhere in that zone, at least for this change,” Timmons told POLITICO.

“Clearly she’s very focused on changing the rule, so whatever it is, it won’t be a good thing for states, localities or business in general," he added.

Cal Dooley, president of the American Chemistry Council, said of Jackson, “She said she would give us some consideration. But I’m not overly optimistic.”

Industry officials leaving the meeting are hoping for more sympathy from the White House after the administration’s stated commitment to reducing regulatory burdens imposed on industry.

“It’s a big test for the president,” said John Engler, president of the Business Roundtable and a former Michigan governor. “But, I’m betting on the president, not the agency.”

Prior to Friday’s meeting, the Business Roundtable — a coalition of major U.S. companies — sent a letter to White House chief of staff Bill Daley asking EPA to back off of its plans, arguing that the final rule “promises to be the single most expensive environmental regulation ever imposed on the U.S. economy” and could cost up to $90 billion annually.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59142.html#ixzz1SJ7iBN2r

It's all a big conspiracy. No wait, they are all racists, I mean, that is why they are complaining about these new regulations, they are all racists, even though many business CEO's from the business roundtable voted for Obama, but since they are complaining, they must be racists.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little more about the EPA and their new regulations and how it is expected to affect jobs

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59142.html#ixzz1SJ7iBN2r

It's all a big conspiracy. No wait, they are all racists, I mean, that is why they are complaining about these new regulations, they are all racists, even though many business CEO's from the business roundtable voted for Obama, but since they are complaining, they must be racists.

Ya, and this will make housing prices rise!

Btw, looks like the tea party is f'n the economy up now over this refusal to raise the debt

Btw, looks like the tea party is f'n the economy up now over this refusal to raise the debt

Y'know, I find that more and more I look forward to your posts. Just for the humor.

What the hell are you talking about? Who mentioned housing? The question was, what are some of his policies that are holding back job creation? I answered it, and then you come back with this? Really?

Jesus, you are one ignorant dude.

What the hell are you talking about? Who mentioned housing? The question was, what are some of his policies that are holding back job creation? I answered it, and then you come back with this? Really?

Jesus, you are one ignorant dude.

He's a troll trying to get a rise from people. I don't believe him at all.

Is there a finer example of just how frustrated the left is by the utter failure of their economic policy...than wishfully thinking that the Tea party, and not their best and brightest college professors, will be blamed for the f'ed up economy?

GG's math is solid, as long as you operate on the assumption that the rich are putting money into the economy. Where are the job creators whose asses we are kissing, creating all of these jobs?

Could somebody please answer this question?

I'm not asking to be snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

And please don't fire back with some remark about me being an idiot or a leftist dolt. If there's an answer to this question, it doesn't require an accompanying insult.

Thank you.

Stimulus didn't create jobs.

Not what I asked. But I find it interesting that your response implies that both policies were utter failures.

EDIT: If you're being sarcastic, I apologize. I've lost my meter with some of the personalities round these parts.

Edited by The Big Cat