Raise The Debt Limit Already!

I do not think we can make the cut immediately. That would spiral a teetering economy. But by waiting until the last second, we (Americans) see almost no specific cuts--it's mostly going to get done sometime in the future. That is not reassuring when we all know how easily Washington can put things off. Plus, of course by waiting until the 12th hour, the odds of a credit downgrade are pretty high.

I can't wait. I bet on a falling dollar last week - though I refused to hedge with silver, as that was just too Dwight Dranish for me.

I tend to agree with Pawlenty (though he of course ignores his own party's missteps):

“This deal is nothing to celebrate. Only in Washington would the political class think it’s a victory when the government narrowly avoids default, agrees to go further into debt, and does little to reform a spending system that cannot be sustained by our children and grandchildren. While no further evidence was needed, this entire debt ceiling fiasco demonstrates that President Obama must be replaced.”

And thus Pawlenty illustrates the problem, with no small amount of irony: "We have problems, and it's <<insert favored boogeyman>> fault!" No, assmunch...the real problem is that you KEEP BLAMING THE !@#$ING BOOGEYMAN FOR YOUR MESS!!!

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think we can make the cut immediately. That would spiral a teetering economy. But by waiting until the last second, we (Americans) see almost no specific cuts--it's mostly going to get done sometime in the future. That is not reassuring when we all know how easily Washington can put things off. Plus, of course by waiting until the 12th hour, the odds of a credit downgrade are pretty high.

I tend to agree with Pawlenty (though he of course ignores his own party's missteps):

“This deal is nothing to celebrate. Only in Washington would the political class think it’s a victory when the government narrowly avoids default, agrees to go further into debt, and does little to reform a spending system that cannot be sustained by our children and grandchildren. While no further evidence was needed, this entire debt ceiling fiasco demonstrates that President Obama must be replaced.”

I would say that the entire government needs to be replaced. As a matter of fact, lets have a constitution, since this one constantly gets trampled on, to the point it barely exists.

I would say that the entire government needs to be replaced. As a matter of fact, lets have a constitution, since this one constantly gets trampled on, to the point it barely exists.

I like the Constitution the way it is. Just need to follow it.

As to replacing the government officials, I'm all for it. But no one ever votes for challengers. The only problem incumbents are other people's incumbents.

Edited by Peace

Asked if the votes will be there at the end of the night, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) played coy. "You'll have to ask the Speaker," she said. "He has the majority."

Thanks Nancy.

There's a reason I registered "NancyPelosiIsAShrillHarpyBitch.com" last week, you cow.

Wow! "Terrorists" holy crap, talk about sore losers :lol:

Lets see here

Astroturfers

Extreme

Crazy

Ignorant

Racists

Hostage takers

Terrorists

Mind you, thats the cute little nicknames that come from our elected officials. I mean, maybe, maybe you could expect that from one of the house loons, but from a senator or even much worse the Vice President of our country chracterizing an elected official as a terrorist. Oh man :doh:

Senator Giffords cast her vote to a standing ovation. How awesome is that. A miracle that she is alive, much less voting. After being so cynical lately, it reminds me that there is a lot to like about this country.

want change? get the money out of elections: (limited govt funded campaigns),term limits and NO consultant/lobbyist jobs forever after holding office. would vastly improve things overnight.

So would mandated post-office executions: once you're voted out, you're killed.

Would certainly whittle down the pool of candidates to only those that REALLY wanted to serve their country.

So would mandated post-office executions: once you're voted out, you're killed.

Would certainly whittle down the pool of candidates to only those that REALLY wanted to serve their country.

most are lawyers...they can go back to ambulance chasing

Wow! "Terrorists" holy crap, talk about sore losers :lol:

Lets see here

Astroturfers

Extreme

Crazy

Ignorant

Racists

Hostage takers

Terrorists

Mind you, thats the cute little nicknames that come from our elected officials. I mean, maybe, maybe you could expect that from one of the house loons, but from a senator or even much worse the Vice President of our country chracterizing an elected official as a terrorist. Oh man :doh:

sure, things like astroturfing are just figments of the house loons' imagination.

sure, things like astroturfing are just figments of the house loons' imagination.

Only partisan hacks make the claim that claim, of course they are for the most part a grassroots movement, sure there are some exceptions of those that look to capitalize off of this movement, but largely they are grassroots.

Really? Have you seen the dregs the Tea Party attracts? If the Tea Party were astroturfed, they would have picked smarter people to front it.

agree completely. wasn't arguing that. magox appears to dismiss their entire existence...guess it doesn't match his portrait of american politics/industry...or maybe i misunderstood his entire post. those labels can easily be attached to those of many political persuasions.

Edited by birdog1960

Really? Have you seen the dregs the Tea Party attracts? If the Tea Party were astroturfed, they would have picked smarter people to front it.

You mean people who actually work for a living, take care of their children, and don't grovel to the government for handouts?