Raise The Debt Limit Already!

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Krugman writes:

“But the real question behind the S&P action is what in hell is their motivation?” asked Cheap Shrills. “There’s clearly no factual evidence to back up the downgrade, as Treasury bill rates have been at record lows for some time — hardly a sign that the market place has any concerns. The only explanation I can come up with is that the S&P execs are hoping that this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The tea baggers having failed to force the U.S. to default on their debts, I guess this is the next attempt by the Republican psychopaths to destroy the economy.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60870.html#ixzz1USGywu84

You think he was angry when he wrote this? :w00t:

Does this sort of irresponsible journalism advance much needed dialogue between the two parties? What it does is fuels the crazy base, and hardens their positions making it nearly impossible for any real compromise. The same can be said for Hannity and Limbaugh, but this is just one clear example of the challenges we face today, because unfortunately loons like Krugman motivate the base and help deliver the talking points.

But seriously? Who subscribes to this rhetoric? Oh wait... I think we know who

Does this sort of irresponsible journalism advance much needed dialogue between the two parties? What it does is fuels the crazy base, and hardens their positions making it nearly impossible for any real compromise. The same can be said for Hannity and Limbaugh, but this is just one clear example of the challenges we face today, because unfortunately loons like Krugman motivate the base and help deliver the talking points.

Between stuff like this and Obama running around trying to discredit S&P instead of actually fixing the problem, the Dem couldn't get it less.

At least some Republicans are saying the right things.

(Though no party seems to be in a rush to form the committees to come up with the 2.3T in cuts, which of course is what the markets would really like to see to get some certainty in where the cuts will come from.)

Wow! Krugman writes:

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60870.html#ixzz1USGywu84

You think he was angry when he wrote this? :w00t:

But seriously? Who subscribes to this rhetoric? Oh wait... I think we know who

Gees....Krugman wrote that? Really? :bag:

You need to grab a paper bag to breath in.

Here is what he wrote, not an article that simply mentions his name and distorts what he is saying, but his actual op-ed

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/08/opinion/credibility-chutzpah-and-debt.html?_r=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Between stuff like this and Obama running around trying to discredit S&P instead of actually fixing the problem, the Dem couldn't get it less.

At least some Republicans are saying the right things.

(Though no party seems to be in a rush to form the committees to come up with the 2.3T in cuts, which of course is what the markets would really like to see to get some certainty in where the cuts will come from.)

Ya, how dare someone discredit S&P?? Those triple AAA rating on the morgage backed securities will rise from the dead soon enough! They Promise! :thumbsup:

Ya, how dare someone discredit S&P?? Those triple AAA rating on the morgage backed securities will rise from the dead soon enough! They Promise! :thumbsup:

I forget which Dave you are, but I'll try to make this simple. Do you think the president should really be taking the position that the debt problem is not that big of an issue?

I forget which Dave you are, but I'll try to make this simple. Do you think the president should really be taking the position that the debt problem is not that big of an issue?

Why would you even ask that? Have you been paying attention the last few months? Obvioulsy he has been. That does not mean the S&P organization is not corrupt, wrong or knows how to do math.

BTW, can you please provide links to the historical performance of those MBS's?

What point? Krugman's point, or the article's point? No, they are not the same.

No you dummy, I'm talking about the poisonous partisanship spewed by both liberal and conservative bloggers, journalists, tv and radio personalities. And yes, Krugman has been guilty of this MANY times.

You are part of the problem, I was just discussing with Birdog how too many people take marching orders from their favorite pundits and how we see it parroted here the next following day. The other day you were inferring the S&P's rationale for the downgrade due to the Tea Party and you were using their statements as what you perceived to be validation of your flawed, distorted and partisan mental ability to incorrectly interpret things for how they really are. But once you began to read what your leaders were beginning to say about the S&P, just like a good sheep, you began to parrot their statements.

Read below

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60870.html

Coincidence? :lol:

Edited by Magox

Why would you even ask that? Have you been paying attention the last few months? Obvioulsy he has been. That does not mean the S&P organization is not corrupt, wrong or knows how to do math.

The S&P said "Your financial house is not in order, mostly due to the way you just handled the debt ceiling and due to uncertainty about how you're going to cut spending."

Obama said, "You guys at the S&P are jerks."

Whether he's right or wrong, don't you think Obama looks like is a petulent child by getting bogged down in that instead of putting on his big boy pants and saying, "The S&P's downgrade is a warning that we need to get to work on this problem of partisan asshattery. Let's get to work on fixing that, starting with coming up with a plan to enact the promised spending cuts."

Too much to ask of Obama or you to take the high road, I know.

Edited by Peace

The S&P said "Your financial house is not in order, mostly due to the way you just handled the debt ceiling and due to uncertainty about how you're going to cut spending."

Obama said, "You guys at the S&P are jerks."

Whether he's right or wrong, don't you think Obama looks like is a petulent child by getting bogged down in that instead of putting on his big boy pants and saying, "The S&P's downgrade is a warning that we need to get to work on this problem of partisan asshattery. Let's get to work on fixing that, starting with coming up with a plan to enact the promised tax cuts."

Too much to ask of Obama or you to take the high road, I know.

Doubly so, given that he could have easily thrown the whole thing back at Congress.

Doubly so, given that he could have easily thrown the whole thing back at Congress.

I was hoping for leadership on the issue but you make a good point. A more reasonable ducking of the issue would be to point the blame finger at Congress.

I was hoping for leadership on the issue but you make a good point. A more reasonable ducking of the issue would be to point the blame finger at Congress.

This has got to be the longest amateur hour at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave in history.