Raise The Debt Limit Already!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/03/us/politics/03congress.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

WASHINGTON — Moody’s Investors Service warned Thursday that it might downgrade the United States government’s sterling credit rating if Congress did not increase the nation’s debt limit “in coming weeks,” putting a spur to the sputtering talks between party leaders and the White House on a plan to restore fiscal stability.

I guess Conservatives could argue that if they ruined the economy by not raising the limit it would be "proof" that government is bad for the economy :thumbdown:

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/03/us/politics/03congress.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

I guess Conservatives could argue that if they ruined the economy by not raising the limit it would be "proof" that government is bad for the economy :thumbdown:

Perhaps if Liberals weren't so unconcerned about reining in spending we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

Perhaps if Liberals weren't so unconcerned about reining in spending we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

All democrats are concerned about reigning in spending. It's just a matter of how. One could say if the Republicans were so protective of the Bush Tax Cuts we wouldn't be in this place too.

From what I understand it's three main things:

2. Unfunded Wars - What $700 billion in Iraq and Afghanistan alone?
  3. Unfunded Trillion Dollar Bush Tax Cuts
  4. $700 Billion Dollar Bank Bailouts

All democrats are concerned about reigning in spending. It's just a matter of how. One could say if the Republicans were so protective of the Bush Tax Cuts we wouldn't be in this place too.

pBills didn't do so hot in math class.

yeah lets hide our head in the sand for another couple years by simply raising the debt. That way, if the **** doesn't totally hit the fan, head marxy Obama might get elected again.

Point taken, but its past time to stop playing politics with "We the People's" money. Congress doesn't have the right to do that.

yeah lets hide our head in the sand for another couple years by simply raising the debt. That way, if the **** doesn't totally hit the fan, head marxy Obama might get elected again.

HAHAHAHA "Head Marxy" That's awesome!!!

pBills didn't do so hot in math class.

Of course the deficit is in the trillions... yet those are three major contributors to the economic misery this country is in. You disagree?

Of course the deficit is in the trillions... yet those are three major contributors to the economic misery this country is in. You disagree?

Debt was 10 trillion when your guy and his people took control. 15 trillion now. Explain please. Tell me how its a good thing. Tell me how many more people are employed because of his stimulus plan. Then tell me how great it is to have gas at almost $5 a gallon. Doubled since he took office. Tell what a great job he's doing with the dollar in regards to impending inflation. On second thought, don't tell me anything. Just be quiet and hope someone with a clue takes office in 2012 to bale all you (*^*&%^$^#liberal asses out.

Edited by Dante

When I read your reply this morning I was going to post something sarcastic like BLAH BLAH BLAH Republicans BLAH BLAH BLAH Bush Tax Cuts BLAH BLAH BLAH Iraq BLAH BLAH BLAH Prescription Drug Benefit BLAH BLAH BLAH Fatcat bailout!!!!, but I figured it was a little over the top.

I guess I was wrong :rolleyes:

Keeping in mind that the ANNUAL budget deficit is well over a trillion $$ and your using numbers that represent expeditures over many years, I think your numbers don't amount to much. I think you're trying to buy a Ferrari by cutting out that morning latte.

Debt was smaller when your guy and his people took control. It is bigger now. Explain please. Tell me how its a good thing. Tell me how many more people are employed because of [insert name and party affiliation here] stimulus plan. Then tell me how great it is to have gas constantly going up. Doubled since he took office. Tell what a great job he's doing with the dollar in regards to impending inflation. On second thought, don't tell me anything. Just be quiet and hope someone with a clue takes office in 2012 to bale all you (*^*&%^$^#liberal asses out.

There we go, more of a blanket statement now. Lets keep putting those democrats and republicans in there, cause its the smart American thing to do.....

Edited by Adam

Keeping in mind that the ANNUAL budget deficit is well over a trillion $$ and your using numbers that represent expeditures over many years, I think your numbers don't amount to much. I think you're trying to buy a Ferrari by cutting out that morning latte.

Keeping those Bush Tax cuts in place and all with current spending levels AND a constant military force overseas, etc., etc. just keeps adding up.

Keeping those Bush Tax cuts in place and all with current spending levels AND a constant military force overseas, etc., etc. just keeps adding up.

And bloated social welfare programs...and bloated regulatory agencies...

Both parties are willing to "cut spending" and "raise revenue" to "reduce the deficit"...as long as it's only the other guy who has to make the hard choices.

We'll cut out the latte, the snickers bar, and the hand soap. Once that adds up we can pay for a Ferrari on credit. Of course we can't give up the vacation house in Hawaii or our membership at the exclusive country club because even though that's where all the real money's going, having all that unneccessary **** is what gets our dicks hard. So !@#$ it, max out the credit cards and let the kids pick up the tab when they're grown.

We'll cut out the latte, the snickers bar, and the hand soap. Once that adds up we can pay for a Ferrari on credit. Of course we can't give up the vacation house in Hawaii or our membership at the exclusive country club because even though that's where all the real money's going, having all that unneccessary **** is what gets our dicks hard. So !@#$ it, max out the credit cards and let the kids pick up the tab when they're grown.

I am for both. We have to tighten our belts and not make politically savvy moves to get elected. And by the way, I lump "Bush" tax cuts with "Obamacare". Both are made up terms for juvenille people who need to learn to play with the grown up people. Neither unilaterally instituted either of those things. (Not that you made those references in your posts, but a lot of people do)

Debt was 10 trillion when your guy and his people took control. 15 trillion now. Explain please. Tell me how its a good thing. Tell me how many more people are employed because of his stimulus plan. Then tell me how great it is to have gas at almost $5 a gallon. Doubled since he took office. Tell what a great job he's doing with the dollar in regards to impending inflation. On second thought, don't tell me anything. Just be quiet and hope someone with a clue takes office in 2012 to bale all you (*^*&%^$^#liberal asses out.

You forgot about the housing market collapsing, Again!