NHL vs NBA playoffs

NHL or NBA Playoffs  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Playoffs do you like better?

• NHL
    • NBA

Talking about this in the shout box thought there should be a topic about it.

What do you find more exciting?

I like both leagues and while some years the quality varies I in general find the NHL playoffs more exciting. NHL overtime is the most exciting thing in sports. While the fact that series in the NHL go longer and there are more upsets help as well.

What playoff do you prefer?

Talking about this in the shout box thought there should be a topic about it.

What do you find more exciting?

I like both leagues and while some years the quality varies I in general find the NHL playoffs more exciting. NHL overtime is the most exciting thing in sports. While the fact that series in the NHL go longer and there are more upsets help as well.

What playoff do you prefer?

And there you have it. ;)

being a non hockey fan, except when the sabres are playing, i have to vote NBA...have tried over the years to enjoy it, but i guess because i have never been much of a skater, i never played the game at all, so i have no attachment to it

being a non hockey fan, except when the sabres are playing, i have to vote NBA...have tried over the years to enjoy it, but i guess because i have never been much of a skater, i never played the game at all, so i have no attachment to it

I love both sports. This season was one of the rare, in many years, where I had to decide between watching the Sabres or the Celtics playoff games, as the Sabres games were scheduled the same time as the Celtics. I watched the Sabres live, and the Celtics on tape delay. I love both teams, both sports, but I love the city of Buffalo a hell of a lot more than I love the city of Boston...I love seeing the Celtics win a title, but would trade any of their championships for one, undisputed, Buffalo franchise championship.

That said, while I love both sports, I never played real hockey (only street hockey, table top, and EASports variety) so when I watch it (and I have for 40 something years), I don't feel like I always feel like an "expert"...I played all other sports growing up, and basketball was, by far, my favorite to play...the only one I ever was maybe, just a tad, a little better at, than other kids my age...of course, I had about 20 pounds, and 3-4 inches on everyone else...my Charles Barklian ass gave me the edge...I was the original "large mound of rebound" way back, and as I could always get my own rebounds, I normally had up to 3 chances to make every shot...career high 14 pts...the good old days...then other kids got as tall, and I only got fatter...but I always loved playing basketball...

I voted for NHL and its true but this year after the Sabres were bounced I have actually been watching more of the NBA playoffs, being a Bulls fan has really gotten me back into basketball this past year and with the whole Big 3 thing(God I hate that team) I just had an overall larger interest in the NBA this year. With that said its still the NHL for me all the way but NBA playoffs are enjoyable too.

I think the NBA playoffs are the best in sports. I don't really follow closely either regular season. I know nothing about hockey really, never played, and don't watch anything but Sabres playoffs so hockey didn't stand a chance in this poll to me. But I post only to go one further and say that NBA is typically better than NFL to me (playoffs that is....of course if the Bills ever actually made it that could change but we live in reality). I love series, I know the top teams in the NBA pretty well. It's easy to be familiar with NBA players on good teams. Watch them grow and see their careers. It's like a drama almost, X-amount of "superstars" playing with their supporting cast (typically damn good ballers themselves) all looking for that ring(s) to be immortalized in that next level...only one ring a year...it's great to me. IDK...I just love watching NBA playoffs. There's no college basketball during NBA playoffs, no football at all...often times the Sabres are out...so it also has less competition. For these reasons, to me, the NBA playoffs are great. Some people just don't like to (or know how to) sit down and watch a basketball game though, I understand that.

Edited by dayman

(I had to look it up)...so the Stanley Cup finals this year could be the Tampa Bay Lightning vs, the Vancouver Canucks?

OUT- :censored: -STANDING!

I'm sure ratings will be through the roof... maybe even come close to touching the National Spelling Bee this year. :lol:

(I had to look it up)...so the Stanley Cup finals this year could be the Tampa Bay Lightning vs, the Vancouver Canucks?

I'm sure ratings will be through the roof... maybe even come close to touching the National Spelling Bee this year. :lol:

I don't really care about ratings. I never get how low ratings effects ones personal enjoyment of a sport. If the hockey is good (And this year it has been) whats it to you if the ratings are low?

All in all I hope Boston wins as I think that Boston vs Vancouver is a better series but Tampa has a mega star in Stamkos and plays an exciting brand of hockey.

And the NBA finals could have featured Oklahoma City?? Wow, that would have been thrilling.

Anyone who equate ratings to quality obviously hasn't been paying attention to American culture for the past 25 years. Or else is a fan of American Idol. :lol:

NHL >>>>>> NBA finals by Avagadro's Number.

The only (-) factors about the Stanley Cup Finals are

1. The Sabres are not playing.

and

2. That moment when Gary Bettmann (the worst leader of

professional sports) hands Lord Stanley's Cup to the captain

of the winning team. GB is terrible and he looks out of place on the ice.

Let some hockey legend (Gordie Howe for example) give the

Cup to the winning captain. At least he knows what the Cup

means to the winning players.

Anyone who is hating on the NBA is just hanging onto to dumb stereotypes. This playoffs, along with most of the season, has been awesome. Also, there is never any news of their players acting up. It has been a great year for the league and now has me rooting for a big German. It truly is an international game.

As for hockey, I love the playoffs. But because most of the games are on channels I don't get, it is really hard to get into the league past the Sabres. I don't see most of the games & don't know most of the players.