Stevie Johnson: Open mouth, insert foot.

My link

Gotta love the guys honesty....even if it's gonna get him in trouble.

That’s blown way out of proportion,” Johnson said of the controversy surrounding Bush, per NFL.com. “There is not one NFL player who hasn’t enjoyed [time off during] the lockout. I’m just being straight up honest.”

people enjoy time off? Uh...I don't understand why Bush saying it was news

Another stupid controverys...but, I think the reason there was offense taken, Bush's Saints teammates have been gathering for their own workouts, Bush is one of the few not participating...his snit over them drafting another running back isn't likely helping his cause either.

My link

Gotta love the guys honesty....even if it's gonna get him in trouble.

That’s blown way out of proportion,” Johnson said of the controversy surrounding Bush, per NFL.com. “There is not one NFL player who hasn’t enjoyed [time off during] the lockout. I’m just being straight up honest.”

How would it get him in trouble? Its the owners who caused the lockout. Its the owners who are locking the players out and giving them time off. Its not like the players are on strike and he's saying this.

Go Stevie! Go Bills!

Another stupid controverys...but, I think the reason there was offense taken, Bush's Saints teammates have been gathering for their own workouts, Bush is one of the few not participating...his snit over them drafting another running back isn't likely helping his cause either.

He's a Free Agent and not under contract with the Saints. Just like every Free Agent, he is not practicing with his team because he has no team. Just like Florence not showing up for our workouts.

edit: me dumb

Edited by DrDareustein

He's a Free Agent and not under contract with the Saints. Just like every Free Agent, he is not practicing with his team because he has no team. Just like Florence not showing up for our workouts.

He is under contract for 2011; the reason his leaving NO has been discussed is that he is due an $11.8M base salary for 2011, and that's way out of whack for how he's produced to date.

“Everybody in the NFL has that mode where they feel that when they wake up in the morning, they want to be playing football,” Johnson said. “We’re professionals, we play football for a living. Everybody has that mode. But why not enjoy your time off? Once the lockout is over, everyone will be focused for what they have to do for their teams.”

There is nothing wrong IMHO with SJ being honest, fresh breez from all the media trained monkeys. He does however overlook that the lockout is a big issue for free agents who need this time of year to get to compete with the vets/signed players. That said if you earn 95% of your salary in 17 weeks and then your employer refuses to let you come to work in the weeks where you earn the remaining 5% wouldnt you enjoy spending time with your family, messageboards, hobbies and whatever not?

players are banned from work. so they dont have to work. and if work starts some day it the OWNERS who have to take responsibility for a bad product.

sorry for my bad english, but really: if you lock out your employees you are the one to blame for the drop of production. because everyone in his right mind wont work for nothing. and for sure they - the players that is - SHOULD enjoy their time off. just jog a little and try to stay ahead of all the street FAs out there. thats what a passing camp with your QB would do.

and if the owners really want to play hard-ball FORM YOUR OWN LEAGUE!!!!!!!

id really like to see where people will fill the stands:

see the best players, or fill the biggest wallet..........

I really am not finding fault with what he said......he didn't say he didn't love football....he said he is enjoying the little vacation.

He would NOT be enjoying the vacation if he didn't have a large bankrole to sit on and have fun with......most of us would be taking UNPAID vacations and scraping which is why we dont relate to what he is saying.

If someone wanted to offer me a vacation for a while and have plenty of money to do what I want....I would gladly take it.

I don't get why veterans are supposed to be concerned for the rookies and free agents that would otherwise be competing for their jobs.

Theyre not, for the most part. One of the biggest myths out there is that teams should bring in veteran players to "help teach rookies". It rarely happens. Teaching rookies is up to the coaches. Veteran players are brought in to play while the coaches get the rookies ready. Very few veteran players go out of their way to help the kids, since the kids are effectively taking money right out of the veteran's pocket and will someday cause the vet to be unemployed.

Im with you on this.

players are banned from work. so they dont have to work. and if work starts some day it the OWNERS who have to take responsibility for a bad product.

sorry for my bad english, but really: if you lock out your employees you are the one to blame for the drop of production. because everyone in his right mind wont work for nothing. and for sure they - the players that is - SHOULD enjoy their time off. just jog a little and try to stay ahead of all the street FAs out there. thats what a passing camp with your QB would do.

and if the owners really want to play hard-ball FORM YOUR OWN LEAGUE!!!!!!!

id really like to see where people will fill the stands:

see the best players, or fill the biggest wallet..........

it's good to see you're objective. you've taken a complex argument and reduced it to an overly simplistic argument. there has been no proposal anywhere that suggests the players play for nothing. in fact, the average nfl salary exceeds $1m annually. it's a multi-billion dollar enterprise that benefits owners and players, and each party has his own skin in the game. lock-outs, decertification, plaintiff lawsuits, the views of various owners, rookie wage scale, pension benefits for retired players....support the players if that's your perspective, but at least take a gander at the bigger picture.

as for the players forming a different league, if it's that simple to form an owner-free league where everyone receives just and equal compensation thereby guaranteeing no labor strife that puts 70,000 people in the seats week after week..why hasn't it happened yet? i'd think many well-to-do players have the resources and contacts with greater resources to make it happen.

Guest three3

each party has his own skin in the game.

an owner's skin: risking a piece of the family treasure chest. really, investing in an nfl team is the most risk adverse investment in existence

a player's skin: risking paralysis as well as physical and mental debilitation

an owner's skin: risking a piece of the family treasure chest. really, investing in an nfl team is the most risk adverse investment in existence

a player's skin: risking paralysis as well as physical and mental debilitation

Try telling that to the Vikings owners, who were having some major trouble just paying the interest on the money they had to take out when they bought the team. Look at those dodgers who couldn't even make payroll. Owning a sports team is far from a guarentee cosidering how many teams end up failing, getting sold off, and moved to other cities.

And I get the players wanting lots of money because they get banged up a lot, and their health is pretty much ruined for the rest of their life. But for the most part, they DO get paid a lot of money. Then they get all self rightous like they should get paid a ton just because of the injuries. Now, let's be honest. These guys don't get paid because of their injuries that ruin their lives. They get paid for their talent. There are millions of idiots that would gladly ruin their bodies for a million dollars and get famous for it. But there are few people with the talent they have. If people got paid based on the risk of injury, then military soldiers, law enforcement, and fire fighters would get paid 6 figures a year or more, but they don't. I just don't feel sorry for these players that cry injury while getting paid millions while there is a soldier overseas who just lost his leg while watching his best friend get killed, and he gets paid peanuts next to what the lowest paid nfl player gets.

I don't feel for the players or the owners. When all is said and done, they will both be laughing to the bank.

It was mentioned that there is a risk in the investment in a NFL team? Question? Does anyone know if in the last 20 years any established team has ever sold for less than what the owner paid for it?

Why is this an important question? How many teams have been sold in 20 years?

What if an owner doesn't want to sell his team? He still has to make his monthly nut. The current value of your team is a meaningless when running the team business.

What about a new owner who has to arrange financing? 20 years ago, it didn't cost a billion to buy a team.