Stevie Johnson: Open mouth, insert foot.

My link

Gotta love the guys honesty....even if it's gonna get him in trouble.

That’s blown way out of proportion,” Johnson said of the controversy surrounding Bush, per NFL.com. “There is not one NFL player who hasn’t enjoyed [time off during] the lockout. I’m just being straight up honest.”

How in the world does this get him in trouble? I think it's refreshing to see how Stevie is stepping up to become a player spokesperson plus if you saw the NFL Network interview you'll see how he accepts responsibility for his mistakes.

Who doesn't enjoy time away from their jobs? I have no problem with guys saying they enjoy time off as long as they also give 100% once it's time to start work.

Johnson and other receivers have been using their vacation time to be out in Arizona working with Fitz ... so let's GO BILLS and GO STEVIE!

Try telling that to the Vikings owners, who were having some major trouble just paying the interest on the money they had to take out when they bought the team. Look at those dodgers who couldn't even make payroll. Owning a sports team is far from a guarentee cosidering how many teams end up failing, getting sold off, and moved to other cities.

And I get the players wanting lots of money because they get banged up a lot, and their health is pretty much ruined for the rest of their life. But for the most part, they DO get paid a lot of money. Then they get all self rightous like they should get paid a ton just because of the injuries. Now, let's be honest. These guys don't get paid because of their injuries that ruin their lives. They get paid for their talent. There are millions of idiots that would gladly ruin their bodies for a million dollars and get famous for it. But there are few people with the talent they have. If people got paid based on the risk of injury, then military soldiers, law enforcement, and fire fighters would get paid 6 figures a year or more, but they don't. I just don't feel sorry for these players that cry injury while getting paid millions while there is a soldier overseas who just lost his leg while watching his best friend get killed, and he gets paid peanuts next to what the lowest paid nfl player gets.

I don't feel for the players or the owners. When all is said and done, they will both be laughing to the bank.

The player's health is only one part of the argument for their compensation…the biggest part of the argument has always been that the players are the product. Fans pay to see players…or as you also stated, players get paid for their talent.

Your comparison of NFL players to military, law enforcement, and firefighters is not relevant to the discussion on so many levels. Without getting too involved, it's apples and oranges. As for NFL teams being a risky investment...

It was mentioned that there is a risk in the investment in a NFL team? Question? Does anyone know if in the last 20 years any established team has ever sold for less than what the owner paid for it?

Good question. It's never happened but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Why is this an important question? How many teams have been sold in 20 years?

What if an owner doesn't want to sell his team? He still has to make his monthly nut. The current value of your team is a meaningless when running the team business.

What about a new owner who has to arrange financing? 20 years ago, it didn't cost a billion to buy a team.

The owners are the one's who are screwing themselves. In their greed, they continue to gouge new owners for a stake in the league. It's generally agreed that the value of most NFL franchises now is about $700 million to $1 billion.

So why would the owners make an additional $700 million franchise fee a condition of Bob McNair being "awarded" the Houston Texans?

Because those guys are greedy bastids. How much do you think the NFL will ask the new owners of the Los Angeles team for?

It's the NFL owners themselves who in their zeal to pump up the value of their teams and line their own pockets with things like exorbitant franchise fees and personal seat license revenue, that have created a situation where they are making owning an NFL team a less-desirable "investment."

And btw, as Terry Pegula said, "If I wanted to make more money, I'd dig a few more wells."

I'm not against the owners making money…but the reason many want to own pro sports franchises is because of ego. These same very wealthy men could likely get a better ROI by putting their money elsewhere.

So my advice to those aspiring to buy a pro sports team is to go ahead if you want to. But treat it like your yacht and your personal business jet…it's one of your toys, one of those things you own for vanity and ego.

However if you want to make money, invest your money elsewhere. Stop gouging the fans and the new members to your club. And stop squeezing the players because you bought into an industry where you aren't getting the ROI that you would like to see.

The players are the product…you're just another billionaire.