Breaking out CJ

The Bills have had an entire offseason to put into place new plays that can get this kid the ball in space. Last year, CJ had some issues hitting the hole in the D-Line. Most of the time it was because our Line wasn't creating the holes but the times that they had, CJ was too rushed. If they leave the ball carrying up to Fred and put CJ in motion for slant routes or just screens off the motion I think we could see him make his high draft pick worth while. I'll make a bold prediction that he's going to have 1500 all purpose yards this year with 8 TD's if Chan has done his homework.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ needs to be on the field as much as possible

I think it's more about the fact that when he is on the feild everyone and their mother knows he is getting the ball.

CJ's prob is that he can't pass block for the life of him... He needs little more size.

Agreed. They can do alot with both backs in at the same time, I don't care if we lose, just show me you're trying by getting some new plays in the mix and especially ones that can get him the ball.

I think it's more about the fact that when he is on the feild everyone and their mother knows he is getting the ball.

CJ's prob is that he can't pass block for the life of him... He needs little more size.

That's why i think they should put him in motion on almost every play he's in on. He can burn any LB in the middle of the field so any time he's a reciever he's going to be a mismatch on whoever is guarding him. If the other team starts to correct for it by devoting secondary to cover him that will in turn give someone single coverage on the outside.

CJ will be shot out of a cannon this year. I think that 1500 all purpose yards is about right. Time will tell, but I have a hunch big things are going to happen this year.

CJ had 1629 all purpose yds last year. I could care less about his all purpse yards. All i care about are his yards from scrimmage. And he's not getting 1500 yds from scrimmage. I'll tell u that right now. :thumbdown::rolleyes:

Fred should get 80% of the carries.

Edited by DreReed83

they did force the ball to him last year whenever he was on the field which is why i think he should start and have Fred Jackson as the 3rd down passing situation back...Spiller could still be on the field during these situations

The Bills need to find out this year if Spiller is their back or not and they wont find that out with him on the bench

CJ will be shot out of a cannon this year. I think that 1500 all purpose yards is about right. Time will tell, but I have a hunch big things are going to happen this year.

I agree, and I think he gets these yards from scrimmage. We also need to put him and Jackson in at the same time, and give the ball to Jackson, or throw it. That way teams won't gang up on CJ. Whoever posted before that everyone knew CJ was getting the ball is 100% correct. We need to change that and mix it up. Give him the ball, yes, but have him in on plays where he dosen't get the ball to mix it up.

Edited by RyanC883

Dre is big on thumbs down emoticons today judging by a few threads already. CJ is going to produce this year. Be positive about the guy.

Again. He had 1600 plus ALL PURPOSE yds last year so I don't know why people are ecstatic about 1500 yds as if that would be accomplishment. People have such low standards of our team/players its getting ridiculous. People would be happy with an 8-8 record? People would be happy with CJ getting LESS yards than he had last year?

GET A CLUE.

He can burn any LB in the middle of the field so any time he's a reciever he's going to be a mismatch on whoever is guarding him.

Really?? In the NFL? How do you know this? Where did you see it?

The 9th pick in the draft should not need trick plays to make plays. He needs to learn to be patient and follow his blocks and not bump everything outside. Putting him in motion all the time will get old fast if that's all he is good for. Teams will start reading those motions and begin taking him out of the play.

He needs to run the football, and be an outlet for the QB, and pass block. If he can't do that, then the first round RB carousel will be turning again soon.

We still need H-backs. Everyone around here keeps saying that Gailey's system does not use tight ends, but that couldn't be further from the truth. In order to really get the run game going we need blocking TEs, otherwise called H-backs. People look at how poorly our offensive line looks when it comes to opening up holes but it has a lot less to do with tackles or guards. Name one good blocking TE that played all of last year. There were none folks. You can't expect CJ to do his thing without some space. If you want to see Spiller break out, you have to play to his strength by getting him in open space. He can also be used more as a receiver out of the backfield as well. Either way, play to his strengths rather than trying to make him into Fred Jackson. His talent isn't less because he isn't Fred Jackson. He is just different.

Again. He had 1600 plus ALL PURPOSE yds last year so I don't know why people are ecstatic about 1500 yds as if that would be accomplishment. People have such low standards of our team/players its getting ridiculous. People would be happy with an 8-8 record? People would be happy with CJ getting LESS yards than he had last year?

GET A CLUE.

CJ should easily double that this season :thumbsup:

The Bills have had an entire offseason to put into place new plays that can get this kid the ball in space. Last year, CJ had some issues hitting the hole in the D-Line. Most of the time it was because our Line wasn't creating the holes but the times that they had, CJ was too rushed. If they leave the ball carrying up to Fred and put CJ in motion for slant routes or just screens off the motion I think we could see him make his high draft pick worth while. I'll make a bold prediction that he's going to have 1500 all purpose yards this year with 8 TD's if Chan has done his homework.

CJ needs to learn how to block or he won't see any increased time out there. They

need to bring in Thurman to teach him the finer points of picking up a blitz.