white house keeps spinning Bin Laden

Wrongo there chief.

"What really happened in Abbottobad early Monday morning?"

http://www.metro.us/newyork/all%20usa%20cities/article/851858--the-official-story-of-bin-laden-s-death-a-timeline

Islamabad is 9 hrs ahead of EDT. So if "early Monday morning" is approx. 1 am Pakistan time, that's 4 pm EDT. 1st time I heard of Obama's impending speech was approx. 10 pm EDT. 10 - 4 = 6.

Pretty sure the burial at sea bit was not mentioned till the morning. So that throws off your whole time-line, because it was not mentioned in Obama's speech.

Edit - Link

/holds nose and posts quote

FOX News reports that Osama bin Laden will be buried by 4:00pm tomorrow, following Islamic traditions.

Note that this is posted on 5/02, presumably in the early morning.

Edited by Booster4324

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrongo there chief.

"What really happened in Abbottobad early Monday morning?"

http://www.metro.us/newyork/all%20usa%20cities/article/851858--the-official-story-of-bin-laden-s-death-a-timeline

Islamabad is 9 hrs ahead of EDT. So if "early Monday morning" is approx. 1 am Pakistan time, that's 4 pm EDT. 1st time I heard of Obama's impending speech was approx. 10 pm EDT. 10 - 4 = 6.

Right and they were instantly able to identify him so those 6 hours are exactly correct

I know some here can't stand Obama's success, and would have been all over him if it had failed, but you're spending more time on wacky conspiracy theories than you did questioning where the WMD in Iraq was.

When the Republican wanna-be's in 2012 question Obama's commander-in-chief qualifications, he can say, "Why don't you ask Osama? Oh, that's right, he's dead!".

I know some here can't stand Obama's success, and would have been all over him if it had failed, but you're spending more time on wacky conspiracy theories than you did questioning where the WMD in Iraq was.

When the Republican wanna-be's in 2012 question Obama's commander-in-chief qualifications, he can say, "Why don't you ask Osama? Oh, that's right, he's dead!".

It's not that simple. It never is.

Pretty sure the burial at sea bit was not mentioned till the morning. So that throws off your whole time-line, because it was not mentioned in Obama's speech.

Edit - Link

/holds nose and posts quote

Note that this is posted on 5/02, presumably in the early morning.

Actually I heard it on the radio even before Obama's address. Here's an excerpt from from an AP release, Monday @ 1:03 a.m., shortly after the address.

"WASHINGTON— A U.S. official says Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-bin-laden-buried-20110501,0,7069834.story

Actually I heard it on the radio even before Obama's address. Here's an excerpt from from an AP release, Monday @ 1:03 a.m., shortly after the address.

"WASHINGTON— A U.S. official says Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-bin-laden-buried-20110501,0,7069834.story

I will need the radio transcript for the first contention. As to the second, it says buried, but that could easily be someone who is in the know and mistaken whether it took place or not yet. In addition, that is in California, you seem pretty good with time zones, how is that five hours looking?

NY Times, May 1st (Sunday):

"American officials said Bin Laden resisted and was shot in the head. He was later buried at sea."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/asia/osama-bin-laden-is-killed.html

Show me where that part of the story has been retracted.

Comment 465 is the first one to mention the burial at sea bit and was posted May 2nd, 2011

10:14 am. The story was obviously edited.

Right and they were instantly able to identify him so those 6 hours are exactly correct

Of course they can do that in 6 hours.

They can identify him

Realize it's the wrong guy

Discover a leak

Find the leak

Find the informant who is then killed to prevent him from talking

Find the person who killed the informant

Figure who who the person that killed the informant is working for

Track the money to the person that paid the informant

Figure out who funded the person that paid the informant to throw off their trail

Figure out who paid a Red Herring to pay an assassin to kill the informant

Track the person who paid a Red Herring to pay an assassin to kill the informant to their warehouse hideout that holds a nuclear bomb

Kill everyone in the warehouse except for one person

Disarm the nuclear bomb in the warehouse of the guy who paid a Red Herring to pay an assassin to kill the informant

Interrogate the one person that survived and learn what is really going on

Haven't you seen 24?

Of course they can do that in 6 hours.

They can identify him

Realize it's the wrong guy

Discover a leak

Find the leak

Find the informant who is then killed to prevent him from talking

Find the person who killed the informant

Figure who who the person that killed the informant is working for

Track the money to the person that paid the informant

Figure out who funded the person that paid the informant to throw off their trail

Figure out who paid a Red Herring to pay an assassin to kill the informant

Track the person who paid a Red Herring to pay an assassin to kill the informant to their warehouse hideout that holds a nuclear bomb

Kill everyone in the warehouse except for one person

Disarm the nuclear bomb in the warehouse of the guy who paid a Red Herring to pay an assassin to kill the informant

Interrogate the one person that survived and learn what is really going on

Haven't you seen 24?

Don't forget, it only took us a couple of hours to figure out who struck us on 9/11, in the first place.

We work quick!

LOL. Makes sense to me.

Is it possible to process DNA in less than 24 hours? I didn't think it was. I could be wrong though. I don't really know.

Yes it is. I routinely perform tests to identify viruses (RNA, not DNA, but same difference). We can process sample in about 3-4 hours. There's also field tests that are somewhat less accurate, but can be preformed in under 2 hours. Certainly this is different test, but DNA samples can be processed quite rapidly given a dedicated lab.

My questions would be: What DNA tests were performed and where were they performed? If they've got the right lab set up at the military base in Afghanistan, then its entirely possible for the tests to have been performed in a timely manner.

My questions would be: What DNA tests were performed and where were they performed? If they've got the right lab set up at the military base in Afghanistan, then its entirely possible for the tests to have been performed in a timely manner.

what part od the body is DNA specimen usually taken from? How would they have his DNA from the past?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

what part od the body is DNA specimen usually taken from? How would they have his DNA from the past?

You can get DNA from just about any part of the body. Certainly some areas are better for testing than others. Given they had the body, I think it can be a given that they got all the tissue and blood samples needed for an accurate test.

From what I read, they compared it to familial DNA samples. So, they're essentially saying, with a high degree of certainty, that this is a brother or son (or father) to whomever they compared the samples to. Taken together with all the other factors - eye witness ID, physical characteristics, known locations of other family members, etc. I'd think you could then conclude an identity pretty accurately.

You can get DNA from just about any part of the body. Certainly some areas are better for testing than others. Given they had the body, I think it can be a given that they got all the tissue and blood samples needed for an accurate test.

From what I read, they compared it to familial DNA samples. So, they're essentially saying, with a high degree of certainty, that this is a brother or son (or father) to whomever they compared the samples to. Taken together with all the other factors - eye witness ID, physical characteristics, known locations of other family members, etc. I'd think you could then conclude an identity pretty accurately.

Stop with your facts. :angry:

One of his sisters died of a brain tumor in Boston 5-6 years ago. They got some of the brain tissue. They concluded that the corpse (OBL) was a sibling of her.

One of his sisters died of a brain tumor in Boston 5-6 years ago. They got some of the brain tissue. They concluded that the corpse (OBL) was a sibling of her.

From what I read they had a brother and someone else as well. However, we all know that was made up and you can tell by when the article was published... :unsure:

From what I read they had a brother and someone else as well. However, we all know that was made up and you can tell by when the article was published... :unsure:

A few of his family volunteered their DNA, from what I recall.

Of course, they're all working for the CIA, just like Osama...it's all an Mkultra plot by the lizard people...

Of course, they're all working for the CIA, just like Osama...it's all an Mkultra plot by the lizard people...

I think he has been dead for years and since everyone is so concerned with privacy due to Apple mapping 12 billion people, they staged this to help pass the renewal of the Patriot Act!

Thanks for the informed perspective and civil discussion. 2 items the little goober-patrol aren't capable of.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

His family disowned him a number of years ago. I wouldnt be shocked if they did volunteer DNA at some point