Rick Gosselin gives Bills an A+

Dallas Morning News draft analyst Rick Gosselin gave the Bills the only A+ grade in the draft in his analysis of the selections today.

Wrote Gosselin: The Bills had nine selections and five of them were above value for the round they were drafted: Williams, Hairston, the two Whites and Rogers. A good draft becomes great in the third day. The Bills hit for the cycle on Saturday. A+

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/05/dmn-gives-bills-a.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fbillboard+%28BillBoard%29

Grade grades are to be taken witha grain of salt, whether they be good or bad. It will take at least 3 years to fully understand how good your draft is.

That said, Gosselin is arguably the best football writer in country & is located in Dallas. He has 0 reason to hype up the Bills. It's great to hear a respected writer who does his homework likes what the Bills did this weekend.

We all no it takes a few years to really tell how a draft is gonna grade out, they are just grading us reference valued picks and needs, i think we did a really good job to actually i thought we did a pretty good job last year as well, Chan wanted to get his boy spiller so he did then they went front 7 and Oline.

Grade grades are to be taken witha grain of salt, whether they be good or bad. It will take at least 3 years to fully understand how good your draft is.

That said, Gosselin is arguably the best football writer in country & is located in Dallas. He has 0 reason to hype up the Bills. It's great to hear a respected writer who does his homework likes what the Bills did this weekend.

Good points!! As a fan of football, I feel blessed to hear him on a local radio station here in my area.

I don't know why but this draft just feels right to me. It's probably because the Bills did not make any "sexy" picks in this draft. If youngest Spiller aside and look at what the Bills did last year they selected som solid ball players. I think they have done even better this year.

That's nice to hear and shining some positive light on the Bills is always welcomed but his is just like everyone else's, good or bad...an opinion. That said, it would be awesome if he turns out to be correct down the line. GO BILLS!!!

That's nice to hear and shining some positive light on the Bills is always welcomed but his is just like everyone else's, good or bad...an opinion. That said, it would be awesome if he turns out to be correct down the line. GO BILLS!!!

As I understand it, Gosselin is more worth listening to as he has cultivated "Deep Throats" on many teams and is trusted to make an amalgam and not give anything away for each team. So he gets the straight gouge.

Historically, his "top 5 players at position" is scary accurate to how the draft falls out. Discrepancies are usually late-breaking concerns such as Cannon's cancer diagnosis or Bower's knee.

I was looking back at Gosselin last year. He had Troup as #91 in his list of top 100 players - Bills drafted Troup at Pick 41. Carrington was #86, we drafted him at #72. Spiller was #17, we know the rest. I probably knew this at the time, but man, we were reaching in the 1st 3 rounds.

I like this year's draft better because it seems we were reaching less and getting some players who are valued above where we drafted.

I worry that if we don't make some changes in the scouting, next year when Gailey doesn't get to coach the Sr bowl we'll be back in the mode of trying to outsmart ourselves.

Guess you haven't seen those pics of Dareus & Jasper wearing thongs. :wub:

Dareus and Jasper wearing thongs - Not sexy.

Dareus and Jasper chest-bumping over Brady's prone bod - now that would be HOT :devil:

As I understand it, Gosselin is more worth listening to as he has cultivated "Deep Throats" on many teams and is trusted to make an amalgam and not give anything away for each team. So he gets the straight gouge.

Historically, his "top 5 players at position" is scary accurate to how the draft falls out. Discrepancies are usually late-breaking concerns such as Cannon's cancer diagnosis or Bower's knee.

I was looking back at Gosselin last year. He had Troup as #91 in his list of top 100 players - Bills drafted Troup at Pick 41. Carrington was #86, we drafted him at #72. Spiller was #17, we know the rest. I probably knew this at the time, but man, we were reaching in the 1st 3 rounds.

I like this year's draft better because it seems we were reaching less and getting some players who are valued above where we drafted.

I worry that if we don't make some changes in the scouting, next year when Gailey doesn't get to coach the Sr bowl we'll be back in the mode of trying to outsmart ourselves.

Dareus and Jasper wearing thongs - Not sexy.

Dareus and Jasper chest-bumping over Brady's prone bod - now that would be HOT :devil:

I hate that I'm letting myself get away with thinking that Jasper will be lights out in training camp and earn himself a starting spot, but I guess hope springs eternal. If he can really be something, then our defense should be one of the best- if not the BEST in the league!

As much as I don't like Brady, I think I hate Sanchez even more. I would love to see our Dline wipe that smirk off of his face.

I would've certainly felt better about this draft if they'd drafted Stocker instead of Searcy.... That said, it seems pretty good otherwise. And if the intention is to sign a decent TE like Boss in UFA --- and more than intention, they need to actually DO it --- then I can dig this draft.

But, as Mr. Wolf said in "Pulp Fiction," Bills fans probably shouldn't go sucking each other's richards just yet.

Because while something might look good inside shiny packaging at the store, it's another thing entirely when you open that package. And it's yet another thing when you give that tool to your co-worker who may --- or may not --- know how to use it.

Edited by UConn James