Walterfootball.com just killing the Bills for this draft.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Marcell Dareus pick being graded a "B" and the thing about Jasper tells you all you need to know about Walterfootball.com.

Amen .... To say the Bills should have taken Gabbertnor any of the other highly questionable Qb's left on the table is just plain stupid. The Bills have selected the player who is likely to turn out as the best player in this draft.

Who cares?

Didn't say you needed to care, just kind of interesting to see. Looks like Walterfootball is hung up on getting a QB bigtime. Though I must admit I was hoping for Dalton with the 34th pick and the number of DBs they draft every single year is something else.

I am a bit surprised at just how bad they are killing the Bills. I understand some of the criticism but a lot of it also seems a bit over the top.

I get it.

Essentially, they aren't grading the quality of the picks the Bills made at all.

They're grading the overall philosophy of trying to build up a solid D and depth on OL before picking a QB.

We have plenty of folks here who are foaming at the mouth for the same reason, right?

The Bills thought Sheppard is a better player than Mallet and see their need at ILB as greater than their need at QB.

Teams making 73 other picks thought those picks were better too, including at least 9 other teams who need quarterbacks.

It's done. Get Over It, fellas. Move On.

245. Michael Jasper, G, Bethel

Here's how you know this is a crappy pick: NFL.com lists Michael Jasper as a defensive tackle even though he's really a guard. Oops. (Pick Grade: D)"

Here's how you know Walter Football is worth its weight in toilet paper:

NFL.com lists Michael Jasper as a DT because he played DT for 3 years. That's where he wants to be considered and where the Bills want to consider him.

He spoke quite articulately about playing 3-gap technique - sounded like he knows his DL stuff.

Consider his chances as a DT prospect drafted in the Project Rounds, and grade accordingly (I would say, given his physical skills and size, as good as any 7th round D pick)

Don't smack out a D because his school asked him to fill a need and switch to OG and he did what was asked.

That's shallow -- just like the water in my state-of-the-art, Green construction low-flush commode.

this guy is an idiot. it's clear from his "analysis" that the main reason why he's pissed is b/c we didn't draft a QB. After newton is taken, what are we supposed to do? Take Gabbert at 3? Take one of the lesser QB's with our 2nd or 3rd round pick? What's the point? I don't see any of those QB's being better than Fitz. It's simple, the guy obviously dislikes Fitz and just wanted the bills to take a QB so the guy's mocks would've looked better.

And as for the RB comment...we took one RB in this draft..in what, the 5th round? lol.

Didn't say you needed to care, just kind of interesting to see. Looks like Walterfootball is hung up on getting a QB bigtime.

Though I must admit I was hoping for Dalton with the 34th pick and the number of DBs they draft every single year is something else.

Not to interrupt, fact is the number of DBs they drafted last year was 0 (zero, none, not one)

Fact also is with our unsigned FA and injury-prone guys and the division we play in, we could look pretty thin PDQ without DB to develop if we do lose Florence and Maybin and injuries take out a couple more.

If our run D is stouter, teams will finally try to pass on us more which will ratchet up the importance

I'm happy that we didn't draft a CB in the 1st round.

There were 4 CB drafted in the 2nd and 6 in the 3rd,

I get it that Jauron and co. were DB-happy and took them higher than they should have to the neglect of the lines, that doesn't take away from the need to have a lot of quality DB on a quality team.

I am a bit surprised...

...that anyone pays attention to what this rinky dink, bargain basement publication says.

Anyone with a DVR and a laptop can do the 'Mel Kiper' thingy, which these folks demonstrate year after year.

So if we take Gabbert at #3 we will have people saying we are gambling when Dareus is a sure thing.

If we take Locker or Ponder we are reaching.

If we trade down we lose a shot at an impact player.

Play the games and we will see in the next three years how these QBs perform. I still like the draft. Our defense is going to get good and that is start toward respectability.

We need a franchise QB yes, so do 25 other teams.

I think that's a perfect assessment. Same thing with the Williams pick, if the Steelers take Williams 3 picks earlier, where he had him mocked, it'd be an A. Because the Bills selected him, it's a C.

Very unprofessionally written I can't take this article seriously. Dareus pick wasn't an A because they needed a QB? But had they picked Gabbert they would have called it a reach saying that Dareus was the right pick.

You don't draft a QB just to draft a QB.

Very unprofessionally written I can't take this article seriously. Dareus pick wasn't an A because they needed a QB? But had they picked Gabbert they would have called it a reach saying that Dareus was the right pick.

You don't draft a QB just to draft a QB.

Hey now, a mans, moms basement is his castle and he can write however he wants, in his moms basement. :nana:

Hmmm...who do you believe...professional football people who have been coaches or scouts all their adult lives or someone who is obviously a troll with an agenda?

I went to their site. I guess either Walt Cherepinsky or Matt McGuire wrote the draft grades. My guess is it's Matt. After reviewing Matt's mock, it's pretty easy to see he doesn't know anything. He's about the only guy who had a mock where Darius fell to number 10 and medical risk Bowers was ahead of him at #4. Of course, he had us picking Newton at 3. He also had Gabbert at 5 & Locker at 7, so he would have loved for us to pick one of those 3 QBs that he rated higher than his #10 pick-a guy nobody else had out of the top 5, and many had at #1.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011matt.php

Edited by Albany,n.y.

I used to frequent this site until last years draft. He did the same thing to the bills when they didn't take claussen and even tho he hasn't worked out still from time to time will rag on the bills for not taking him... he has lost almost all credibility with me and this year appeared to copy and paste multiple mocks to make his. Bpa available or maybe in draft is an a no matter what happens but who cares? When dareus improves our d we won't care what this idiot had to say.

Good teams stay true to the board and don't pick for need.

Not necessarily when QB is a Need and you think one of the QB's in a Franchise guy...But I'm a Gabbert Fan, and even I would not have taken Gabbert over Dareus... B-)