Round 7 (Pick 245): DT Michael Jasper - Bethel (TN)

Promo, you missed the blurb where he transferred from UT Martin to MTSU where he redshirted then transferred to Bethel.

http://www.lesliemikejaspernfl.com/profile.htm

I love everything I've heard about this guy.

Looking at this page, I was surprised to see a resume listing 3 schools and no mention of his major. It may not matter from an NFL perspective, but I see little point to mention education history without the field in which he was educated.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you imagine this guy lined up next to Darius?

They could blot out the sun!

Nuclear winter!

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. They'd be in a 3-4, and the starting lineup could be Kyle Williams (LDE), Jasper (NT) and Dareus (RDE). I'd love to see other teams try to run the ball against that! :)

I recall something about a 5.6 40 time so he will at least be able to run down Tom Brady and Ryan Mallot...lol.

Correction..according to Bills pre draft work out he runs 5.38

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/NT-Jasper-brings-gigantic-intrigue/1441bfd2-c3b5-4aae-a893-c2872093c105

Paea ran a 5.15, Jets drafted Kendrick Ellis ran 5.28,Phil Taylor 5.14

For his size "The Shadow" runs like the wind.

Todays article only adds to the legend.

Correction..according to Bills pre draft work out he runs 5.38

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/NT-Jasper-brings-gigantic-intrigue/1441bfd2-c3b5-4aae-a893-c2872093c105

Paea ran a 5.15, Jets drafted Kendrick Ellis ran 5.28,Phil Taylor 5.14

For his size "The Shadow" runs like the wind.

Todays article only adds to the legend.

5.38 is the same 40 time Mallett ran!

5.38 is the same 40 time Mallett ran!

And probably faster than most of the Offensive Linemen in this league, and they have to do it backwards and in high heels!

I would love to see Brady & Sanchez as grease spots on the turf.

Now THIS made me laugh out loud on a sad day for the Hopeful fam.

Yeah, looks like he ate John McCargo for dinner and finished off Aaron Maybin for a snack. :devil:

Mike Jasper craps bigger than Aaron Maybin.

PTR

Reason #401 to like Jasper: He seems to have abandoned his twitter account since the draft started.

that in itself shows he is dedicated to football and doesn't care about getting caught up in off field shennigans or even put himself in a position where its possible to give himself a bad reputation by saying something dumb.

good for him. more athletes would do themselves good by getting rid of their twitter accounts.

I love most of what I've seen about him but it seems like a lot of posters have anointed MJ to a status that is pretty lofty for a guy were not even sure can play football.

That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing this freak at training camp.

I love most of what I've seen about him but it seems like a lot of posters have anointed MJ to a status that is pretty lofty for a guy were not even sure can play football.

That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing this freak at training camp.

I haven't been as excited about a 7th round pick since...well...ever. I just like everything about this story. If Jasper is a success, it will be a national story and the Bills will be back on the map.

I haven't been as excited about a 7th round pick since...well...ever. I just like everything about this story. If Jasper is a success, it will be a national story and the Bills will be back on the map.

Same here. I'm very excited to see how Jasper progresses with good coaching. If he ends up becoming a success then it would be cool to see a movie made of him sort of like the Blind Side with Michael Oher. He probably didn't have a rough life growing up like Oher had but still would be cool to have a movie made. Of course he has to prove himself first. Hmm... perhaps... The Big Shadow

Geez I'm really rooting for this guy.

Just as a little context, Buddy Nix had this to say about Michael Jasper to Clark Judge in that interview that's posted as another topic:

'Heck, he's got a chance, so let's give him one.' Honestly, he's more of a developmental player. If he could make that adjustment quickly and help you in the first year it would be surprising."

Just as a little context, Buddy Nix had this to say about Michael Jasper to Clark Judge in that interview that's posted as another topic:

'Heck, he's got a chance, so let's give him one.' Honestly, he's more of a developmental player. If he could make that adjustment quickly and help you in the first year it would be surprising."

I don't think anyone is claiming that Jasper will come in from day 1 and dominate. Again I see a Jason Peters type player here, and it took him a year and a half to get onto the field as an OT. ST's will probably be where he plays mostly as a rookie, likely later in the season, as a kick blocker.