Round 7 (Pick 245): DT Michael Jasper - Bethel (TN)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen game film obviously, but in the stills it looks like he can adequately sink his hips, and was asked to pull and lead as an OG. Arms seem kind of short, but that might just be his chest extending to his elbow.

His coach at Bethel compares his strength to Jeff Zgonina. Sizewise, there just ain't been nobody with that level of athleticism at that size.

Edited by Ralonzo

Interesting notes on Jasper by Tim Graham--- a Bills scout had been tracking him for a year, and it was the Bills that asked him get below 400 lbs. Seems that all this hard work and training for the draft was initiated by the Bills' interest:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/28617/bills-draft-pick-weighed-448-in-january

What a GREAT article, thanks for posting it! I can't remember getting this excited about a prospect, other than Dareus of course. There's nothing like a late rd sleeper, they make you want to really pull for them. To think that I thought when DT Shaun Rogers dunking a basketball was impressive, that's nothing compared to what Jumping Jack Jasper can do! I LOVE this pick! Of all of our mid to late rd picks, Jasper is the one that I'm going to pull for the most.

This is a very interesting prospect. Definitely a player worth taking a chance on for a 7th round pick. The guy is a physical specimen but the guy didn't play in a major program so he seems very raw.

The only thing that's raw about this guy is the cows that he eats! Go Jasper!

Btw, this is one of the best and funniest posts that I have read in a LONG time! It's great to see EVERYONE so enthusiastic for a common cause/player. I love the unity and excitement that everyone is enjoying and for that fact alone Jasper is already paying dividends.

Go Bills!

WOW!!! That is an amazing Picture!!! Good grief that's one big dude pulling...If you're a DB and you see that coming!!!! :lol:

oh dear god. How can a guy that big, strong and aparently athletic not end up be good at football?

I totally concur!

Wow is that a big kid or what? Looks like a man playing amongst boys. I know he is a really long shot to make it but what a find if he does. Thank goodness the Jauron days of under sized d line players seems to be long gone.

I hope he's the Best ever BUT I'm concerned with;

His stamina-how many plays can he stay in there for? and his ankles and knees, considering his weight.

I hope I'm wrong on both counts.

He's a 7th round pick, if he's able to make it on the field for 15 plays a game they got good value out of the pick.

youtube.com/watch?v=vyWFh3Lp5u8

holy cow!

That's 405lbs he's putting up at the end of the video.