Round 5 (Pick 133): RB Johnny White - North Carolina

Acantha

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have read and heard about him, I love this pick as a 5th rounder. Another really tough guy who loves football and is physical. Was a very good gunner. He will almost for sure make the team as the #3 RB and a developmental RB. Everyone raves about this guy, especially his coach, which is a very good sign. I don't expect him to carry the ball this year but he should be a ST beast and a great guy to have on the team. I am really liking this draft a lot, although of course I would have preferred some different players at different times like everyone else.

Every single pick now has been a player from the south from a big school who loves to play, changing the culture of this team. Nix and Gailey are the anti-Jauron despite the DB picks. We're going to be much tougher in the next couple years, hopefully starting this year.

I totally agree with your entire post. If Batten, Easley and Wang pan out this year, this could turn out to be among the very best back-to-back drafts in Bills history. The Bills are being remade before our eyes into what has the promise of being a ferocious defense.

Not that anyone cares what I think...but I'm a UNC fan and season ticket holder, so I saw a lot of Johnny White. First of all, the guy can definitely catch. He was used primarily as a 3rd down back until injuries forced him into a starting role last season. He's tough as a mother-effer too. I'd expect him to immediately contribute on ST, and don't be surprised if he finds his way into the offense sooner rather than later.

This pick is most certainly NOT a reach or a "waste."

and cut him , and he went to the Colts who cut him as well.

PTR

Then I'm pretty sure back to Philly.... Who cut him, again.

Then new Orleans for the playoff loss when they had 7 injured running backs. Sadly, that's nor exaggerated.

What happened to the kid who was tearing it up in training camp last year? Can't remember his name. Running back though.

Do you mean Joique Bell?

Signed to Bills Practice Squad, signed away by the Eagles, waived and signed by Colts, signed by the Eagles practice squad, signed away by N'Orleans, currently on N'Orleans roster.

He seems to be widely seen as promising, but hasn't quite delivered enough to keep. Hopefully he's growing a nice big motivational chip since N'Orleans used a 1st round pick on Ingram.

Right alongside Chase Daniel, who is prolly in between "good on ya, bro" and "WTF?" watching Gabbert go in the top 10 of the 1st round when he went undrafted.

Should have earloer drafted Carter from SU as he is a workhorse. If not then I would have done the fast Toddman guy from U con as obviously we are not happy with Spiller other than a 3rd down back or change of pace guy.

You have a jump to conclusions mat, don't you?

I totally agree with your entire post. If Batten, Easley and Wang pan out this year, this could turn out to be among the very best back-to-back drafts in Bills history. The Bills are being remade before our eyes into what has the promise of being a ferocious defense.

Well, I hope you're right. I was hoping for Cannon though, or a promising late-round TE prospect. I just hope Bills have a plan there before Fitzy gets killed dead.

Just as an aside......have you looked at where our draft picks went to college? They're all.....SOUTHERN

Can Chix and Nailey even scout good players north of the Mason-Dixon line? Or west of it?

Well, I hope you're right. I was hoping for Cannon though, or a promising late-round TE prospect. I just hope Bills have a plan there before Fitzy gets killed dead.

Just as an aside......have you looked at where our draft picks went to college? They're all.....SOUTHERN

Can Chix and Nailey even scout good players north of the Mason-Dixon line? Or west of it?

It's kind of curious how many were on Gailey's Senior Bowl roster as well. Now that we're almost in the 7th round, maybe they should let Modrak out of the men's room? :devil: