Round 5 (Pick 133): RB Johnny White - North Carolina

Acantha

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the kid who was tearing it up in training camp last year? Can't remember his name. Running back though.

Joique Bell (spelling?)

I liked him too. He bounced around after the Eagles took him off our PS (if I recall correctly).

From what I have read and heard about him, I love this pick as a 5th rounder. Another really tough guy who loves football and is physical. Was a very good gunner. He will almost for sure make the team as the #3 RB and a developmental RB. Everyone raves about this guy, especially his coach, which is a very good sign. I don't expect him to carry the ball this year but he should be a ST beast and a great guy to have on the team. I am really liking this draft a lot, although of course I would have preferred some different players at different times like everyone else.

Every single pick now has been a player from the south from a big school who loves to play, changing the culture of this team. Nix and Gailey are the anti-Jauron despite the DB picks. We're going to be much tougher in the next couple years, hopefully starting this year.

Waste of a pick. No matter what, you try and draft starters or guys who could develop into starters. Should have picked best available ot or go with stanzi.

I wonder how you think that using a 5th. for a QB back up, position where, by the way, where we have a very durable SOB, is not a waste and using it in a RB than can play even if Fjax and CJ are there is a waste! :rolleyes:

Edited by Kent H Jr

We needed another RB. Stanzi will not be a starter in the NFL, so quit whining about him. Rds 5-7 are depth/ST picks with a rare player turning into a starter a'la Stevie Johnson. White will see the field and is supposed to be an excellent gunner on ST. If you remember, we were terrible on kickoffs last years so I'm happy with this.

Pioli got lucky once with a late round QB pick - let's see if he does it again in KC.

From what I have read and heard about him, I love this pick as a 5th rounder. Another really tough guy who loves football and is physical. Was a very good gunner. He will almost for sure make the team as the #3 RB and a developmental RB. Everyone raves about this guy, especially his coach, which is a very good sign. I don't expect him to carry the ball this year but he should be a ST beast and a great guy to have on the team. I am really liking this draft a lot, although of course I would have preferred some different players at different times like everyone else.

Every single pick now has been a player from the south from a big school who loves to play, changing the culture of this team. Nix and Gailey are the anti-Jauron despite the DB picks. We're going to be much tougher in the next couple years, hopefully starting this year.

exactly!!!!! well said...........it took whjat 4 games for gailey to not only bench but cut trent edwards....thats a bill parcells move.they also traded marshawn lynch away mid season.....jauron would have kept playing trent and having those broken record press conferences............we just have to get better and well shucks they are a awfully talented tough team...No jauron was awful and now the bills are a real football team again!!!! go bills!!!