Whitner Tweets: Thinks he's gone?

scribo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ur. Mother.

Wow he tries his hardest 16 Sundays a year playing a game. I'm impressed.

Lol that's all we should be asking for...What else do you want him to do? Should he go on convoys in Afghanistan on his off time or help with the relief efforts in Japan.

He's not attacking anyone personally with his comments so we shouldn't attack him personally. I don't think he's the best SS in the league but he's a solid player. Who cares if he's worried about not coming back to Buffalo by expressing himself in Twitter that just shows he cares...

Yet another great example. Who are you to tell him anything. What special qualities do you have that entitle you to insult someone at a low moment. Are you his teammate, or someone he will listen to? The kid represents himself poorly, that is a given. What should not naturally follow is a group of people representing US, as fans of the Bills, so poorly. The players who love being in Buffalo have all stated that they were so happy because of the fans. Would you like to take that one thing away? Make this town less desirable to play in? Show some class and ignore his childish tantrums and wish him the best when he signs with another team. That's class. Just cause someone throws mud at you doesn't mean you have to get down there with him.

I don't have a twitter account nor have I ever twitted. You say to me to "show some class and ignore his childish tantrums" which I do. But why can't you show the same class in response to your fellow Bills fans. Donte chose to have a twitter account and engage with the fans directly through it. His lack of wisdom in doing that is indeed his own problem. Aim your need to call people classless elsewhere please. That is if you yourself have any class. PS, I said please.

I can't wait till we have a team with real football players instead of whiny bitches that twitter every time they get their precious feelings hurt. !@#$ you Whitner, you bust.

I love how B-Lo fans wanna blame Whitner for the Bills being a terrible team...one of the few guys that seems to give it his all by leaving it all on the field...guess people just want someone to kick for having an overall crappy organization to follow.

Edited by AF88Bills

I don't have a twitter account nor have I ever twitted. You say to me to "show some class and ignore his childish tantrums" which I do. But why can't you show the same class in response to your fellow Bills fans. Donte chose to have a twitter account and engage with the fans directly through it. His lack of wisdom in doing that is indeed his own problem. Aim your need to call people classless elsewhere please. That is if you yourself have any class. PS, I said please.

I direct you to your "he had it coming" comment, which in itself was classless.

He'll easily find a job elsewhere.

not for the money he wants. he wants top 5 safety money no freaking way. the bills made him a very fair offer in the 5 million plus range and he was insulted. get real.

it has nothing to do with finding a job he wants to be paid like the guy in pittsburg or ed reed and its never going to happen.

he should watch what he says he may not want to burn his bridges to soon.

Outstanding post!

Unbelievable fan-guilt, finger-wagging, sanctimonious panty bunching going on over responses to a loudmouth underperforming player's misplaced public musings.

I love how B-Lo fans wanna blame Whitner for the Bills being a terrible team...one of the few guys that seems to give it his all by leaving it all on the field...guess people just want someone to kick for having an overall crappy organization to follow.

NO ONE is blaming Whitner for the TEAM being terrible...They are blaming Whitner for Whitner being terrible...There's a BIG, big difference there...And no he did not leave it all on the field...Unless you mean missed tackles and bad angles...He left a few of those out there...Off the Field he was clearly an outspoken Player who welcomed the attention and wanted to be known as the Leader of that Defense even though he rarely played like a Leader...Then on top of it all he wants to be paid like one of the best Safeties in the League???

I promise you I LOVE The Buffalo Bills and I normally defend their Players to an extreem...If someone said something negative about Freddie Jackson or Kyle Williams to me I'd probably deck em' :lol: But Donte? I'm done with that guy...It's not his fault he was Drafted 2 Rounds higher than he should have been...But I'm hoping it's time to move on from the Whitner era at SS for the Buffalo Bills...And I wish him all the luck in the world elsewhere... B-)

we all know he'll be starting in September somewhere in the league

We all do not. This attitude of yours is part of the reason Donte is so reviled by many Bills fans. His proponents have been in denial about his play which only serves to heighten the dislike toward him. Strictly from a performance standpoint, he's "just a guy" in Parcells speak. Lotta' bluster and attitude but no plays. At the end of the day can I say that a guy who doesn't make plays will definitely find a starting job elsewhere? Even at a position that isn't held at a premium? A position where teams are ready and willing to accept lesser talent as starters? I don't know. Maybe he's just a spare part afterall.

Edited by Dick Drawn

Whitner is a decent player. He's not a stud and he's not a bust.

He never lived up to his high draft status, but if the Bills had taken him in the third round I think everyone would regard him as a good value pick at this point.

He's just kind of lower-middle of the road. He's miles away from an elite safety, but he's not the worst starting safety in the league, either.

Yet another great example. Who are you to tell him anything. What special qualities do you have that entitle you to insult someone at a low moment. Are you his teammate, or someone he will listen to? The kid represents himself poorly, that is a given. What should not naturally follow is a group of people representing US, as fans of the Bills, so poorly. The players who love being in Buffalo have all stated that they were so happy because of the fans. Would you like to take that one thing away? Make this town less desirable to play in? Show some class and ignore his childish tantrums and wish him the best when he signs with another team. That's class. Just cause someone throws mud at you doesn't mean you have to get down there with him.

plus way more than one.

At the end of the day, he's just a football player. Why care so much if a guy drafted at #8 should have been drafted at #38 or #48? He's a pretty good player - not great - and will land on his feet. I wish him well.

Hahaha...perfectly stated. It's not just that he was a reach at 8th overall. He's just not a good football player. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Yeah..and maybe with him gone we can focus on making the playoffs someday! Nothing like a never was predicting the playoffs like he did a couple of years ago! I wont miss his big mouth yapping on twitter!

Whitner is a decent player. He's not a stud and he's not a bust.

He never lived up to his high draft status, but if the Bills had taken him in the third round I think everyone would regard him as a good value pick at this point.

He's just kind of lower-middle of the road. He's miles away from an elite safety, but he's not the worst starting safety in the league, either.

Concur. He's far from the worst starting safety in the league. The problem is he's not far ENOUGH away from there, yet he wants to preen and be paid as though he's an elite (top 5) safety.

He's a decent player, he plays hard, I'd like to keep him, I thought the Bills made him a fair offer. He can probably find someone to pay him what he thinks he's worth and... .

BOY howdy, won't he get a surprise when he's expected to deliver and the fans don't see it? Out of the frying pan into the fire!

That's my biggest complaint about him(and most players on twitter now). They sit around and complain about how they are paid to play a game.

How are you any better? You are sitting around on an internet message board complaining about how they complain. Pot meet kettle.

He'll easily find a job elsewhere.

Yet I wonder if he will even reach the level of salary that he was offered by the Bills. The vast majority here don't believe he's elite and is undeserving of elite money, but it still only takes one over zealous team and......