Round 4 (Pick 100): DB Da'Norris Searcy - North Carolina

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are drafting DB's and safety's because it looks like they will not be resigning the free agents they have in these positions. Makes total sense to me.

They're not re-signing the prior regimes idea of good DB's. They're getting guys they think fit what they want. Now, if they don't re-sign these new guys, it's a bigger deal.

That said, I still would have rather gone another way.

Regarding pass rushers, the it's still uncertain what the Bills have with Merriman/Carrington/Moats.

As much as I hate to say it, there is probably a good chance they let Maybin back on the team for one final go round.

This pick makes sense, and the Bills have drafted well so far.

I want Demarcus Love next or an OT tackle prospect that might slide, such as Hairston.

The draft tracker on nfl.com does not give him any props at all. Anybody have any constructive news on this guy?

Well he is another big strong DB. And he has return skills too. The brass is dead serious about improving the defense quickly.

The dude looks like a killer but I really wanted a TE or OL prospect. Granted, no one really expects their fourth round pick to start right away, but I actually think Stocker could have started and have been productive immediately (if only because we suck at TE). There were numerous players I would have liked before another DB (who will likely be a safety, and we need one, at least as a back-up).

If there was any doubt about Whitner, the door just slammed shut. Guess that's the good news from this pick.

From NFL.com

Searcy is an effective safety in coverage, but he is not aggressive enough in run support to contribute at the next level. He has enough range to be a center fielder and shows the ability make plays when the ball is in the air. He also has experience as a nickel back over the slot, but he lacks the hip fluidity to stick with NFL receivers in man coverage. He will never be a factor in run support as he shies away from contact and struggles to shed blocks. Searcy can contribute as a punt returner and may sneak into the later rounds.

Hopefully this is way off, otherwise not sure how he will work as a SS.