Round 4 (Pick 100): DB Da'Norris Searcy - North Carolina

I don't get it

This is obviously a replacement for Whitner, and another run support guy. Every pick has been for run support.

I'm not real happy with it either. I think there was really good value here for some T and TE prospects At this point in the draft I'd rather have gone that way. Oh well...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is up with us and dbs, lets finish the draft with a few more safeties just to make it a clean sweep, I swear they act like we dont have anymore holes on this defense other than dbs. How about a Te or another pass rusher or hell we dont exactly have the strongest line in the nfl.

They are drafting DB's and safety's because it looks like they will not be resigning the free agents they have in these positions. Makes total sense to me.

The dude looks like a killer but I really wanted a TE or OL prospect. Granted, no one really expects their fourth round pick to start right away, but I actually think Stocker could have started and have been productive immediately (if only because we suck at TE). There were numerous players I would have liked before another DB (who will likely be a safety, and we need one, at least as a back-up).

Do you all realize what our secondary looks like?

CBs - McKelvin, McGee, Corner

FS - Byrd, Wilson

SS - Scott

How is that NOT a need?

In a passing league, especially in a division that has the patriots that runs a spread offense, you can never have enough DB's. I like what Buddy has done so far.

The draft tracker on nfl.com does not give him any props at all. Anybody have any constructive news on this guy?

Chan on WGR: Good DB who will likely be a strong safety; got "screwed" (his words) out of the first three games of the season due to an academic investigation.

I still would have preferred a tight end or an OL.

I'm not sure this guy renders Whitner expendable just yet, Rico.

EDIT: Sorry, that was Buddy and not Chan.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

The draft tracker on nfl.com does not give him any props at all. Anybody have any constructive news on this guy?

Analysis

Positives: Possesses a squatty, muscular frame. Good instincts for the position. Reads the quarterback and shows a good burst to close. Surprisingly quick feet and fluidity for strong safety. Demonstrated the agility to stick with tight ends and even cover slot receivers in a pinch while at the Senior Bowl. Served as the team's primary punt returner the past two seasons -- quite an accomplishment considering the number of athletes on this roster. Reliable open-field tackler. Breaks down well and wraps his arms securely. Takes good angles in pursuit. Good hand-eye coordination. Can get his hands inside the receiver's catch radius to slap away the reception. Showed good ball skills with four interceptions in 2010.

Negatives: May be a bit of a 'tweener. Questionable range to handle the conversion to free safety and isn't the big, physical safety most teams are looking for in a classic strong safety. Gets the ballcarrier to the ground, but isn't an intimidating hitter.

--Rob Rang

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1243007

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson