Round 2 (Pick #34): CB Aaron Williams - University of Texas

SDS

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh-oh, the crowd unhappy with this pick isn't gonna like this comment from Nix:

On the scariness at the ‘lack of talent’ at the cornerback position in this year’s draft class:

I still think there are some good ones on down the line and we may even take another one. Really, there are things you should do every year and taking a cornerback is one of them.

I wasn't hoping for him, but looking at the big board, he's up there, at a position of need and is aggressive vs the run. There should be some good pass rushers available in the 3rd round. If we can get a pass rusher or MLB in the 3rd or 4th, I'll really like this pick. We needed another cb, and now we have one with a 1st round grade. Dareus + Williams = great additions to our defense. Rejoice, don't whine and cry. Buddy knows more than you.

Nope -- not faulting you at all for wanting to beat NE. We all want that. Badly. And the way to do it is to have enough talent to beat up/cover Brady's receivers for 3 seconds so he has no one to throw to in his prissy little system, and then one of our DL or LB can squish him.w00t.gif

Every year the Bills play the pats twice a year...and lose. Okay, I am good with picking a Nickel CB...another high pick at DB. Maybe I am just hung up on bad teams that draft high should be able to improve themselves by picking up impact players that will make a difference and the Bills, frankly do not have a good track record in this regard. I get the whole be a fan and everything..sat through many windy cold games to the last snap, but really you have to wonder sometimes...

Aaron Williams will be a starter…just not sure if at CB or safety. Nix said he expected to get another starter at #34 at the end of the first round.

Anyways, I see both Cannabis Boys are still available…Justin Houston and Christian Ballard. Also Mallett although I'm not sure what his drug of choice is.

Only 3 more picks before the Bills…and only 5 minutes per pick.

Belichick was on the radio today saying he had numerous inquiries about trading the pick. Am I out of line for assuming that we too could have easily had a trade down partner?

But of course, we absolutely HAD to have a corner (or is he a safety?).

I like this selection in that we might see less of Whitner's second grade level tweets posted, whereas he is out of here. Other than that it sucked. It is a classic Bills example of what not to do. The Bills lose football games. There is no point in maintaining failure. They should start from the ground up and build a good, strong team. One with talent and depth at QB and both lines.

Face it folks, we are cursed.

Belichick was on the radio today saying he had numerous inquiries about trading the pick. Am I out of line for assuming that we too could have easily had a trade down partner?

I like this selection in that we might see less of Whitner's second grade level tweets posted, whereas he is out of here. Other than that it sucked. It is a classic Bills example of what not to do. The Bills lose football games. There is no point in maintaining failure. They should start from the ground up and build a good, strong team. One with talent and depth at QB and both lines.

Huh? The Bills have devoted 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks to the defensive line in the last two years. That sounds like building from the ground up to me. Not to mention they went ILB in the third. You really seem to be reaching here, as this is the first DB Nix has taken in his time here.

We should definitely draft more like the Patriots though, right? Oh wait, they have spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on a DB every year since 2007.

Way to be overly dramatic and nonsensical.

Edited by Fingon

I agree man. It's the same thing every year - the Bills' "plan" does not include a franchise QB or blockers. Instead, we plug leaks caused by Ralph's cheapness and OBD's inability to evaluate the players on its roster. And the mantra here is "trust Buddy," even though he has never proven he knows anything about TEAM BUILDING. Buddy's drafts are clearly run by a SCOUT, not an architect.