88 members have voted

1. 1. Which One Do YOU WANT!!

• Brandon Harris CB, Miami #20
    • Justin Houston OLB, Georgia #28
    • Martez Wilson ILB, Illinois #30
    • Kyle Rudolph TE, Notre Dame #33
    • Mason Foster ILB, Washington #35
    • Jason Pinkston OT, Pittsburgh # 37

Bowers all the way. That arguably gives us blue chip DEs in both 3 and 4 man fronts. In nickel we would be stouter against the run, and have a pass rush from both the inside and the edge without blitzing. I just can't imagine any of these ILBs having a bigger impact than Bowers. This would mean that we exchanged McCargo and Stroud for Darius and Bowers. I hope Wanny is a good salesman.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Fixed it.

Why? Now my useless comment making fun of your typo is now just useless.

Oh well, Bowers is an interesting option. I really don't like it though. I would prefer to stay with the Defense but instead get a LB of some sort.

Edited by The Wiz

I believe Mallett is the highest-rated player not taken in round one and, unless Belicheat trades the #33-pick to a team desperate for a QB, also fills the Bills' "QB-of-the-future" need.

Not saying we will - or should - take Mallett, but I think Nix will think hard about it.

(I just hope we don't take the injured, inexperienced, underclassman TE from Notre Dame - Kyle Rudolph - I keep thinking back to Tony Hunter...uuughhhh!!! )

Ryan Mallet will be the best QB out of this class....i hope the Bills take him at #34.

Id be happy with any of them. Dont take a QB.

All those choices and a few more! Slide down with someone that is in love with Dalton or Mallet and pick up an extra pick maybe a 4th.

There really isn't a bad choice in that group. All would work, we have tons of holes! I would lean toward OLB (the one from UCLA?) if we stay though.

Edited by qwksilver

Ryan Mallet will be the best QB out of this class....i hope the Bills take him at #34.

I hope you're right on both counts!

(6' 7" - 245 lb. QBs with cannon arms do not come around often, and the Bills have the luxury to groom Mallett for 2-3 years behind Fitz. Unless Belicheat trades the #33-pick to Jerry Jones, I think Mallett becomes a Buffalo Bill tonite.)

It depends on whether or not the staff believes Dalton, Kaepernick, or Mallett is capable of being a real Franchise QB - the kind that will allow us to pass on QB's for the next seven to ten years and will make us competitive each and every year. There's such a mixed review on these guys - to me, Mallett looks like a better version of Flacco, Kaepernick looks like a poor man's Newton, but might very well end up being just as good, and Dalton might also be a surprise - sort of a Brees type... so, if they really like the upside of any of these then I think you do go for it.

Also, we should be looking at an OLB type who can be a 4-3 DE, too. Someone who is in the 265-285lb range who can be an OLB in our base, and shift to the DE when we go 4-3 look hybrid fashion. Who fits that mold? Brooks Reed? Jabaal Sheard? Houston? Can't overlook Bowers! If we pass him physically, imagine walking away from round 2 with 2 of the top 3 overall defensive talents just a month ago, in most mocks!

Then there is Rudolph, if he's available.

I think if you go QB with the second you still have a chance of landing a good LB in the third, and a decent TE in the fourth, so that would be my choice, unless there is a D-line or hybrid OLB type at 34 who is just too good to pass up, like a Sheard, Austin, or Ballard. Maybe Wilson is seen as borderline first round talent, and would be an immediate starter at either OLB or inside linebacker. I read somewhere that Brooks Reed has very similar measurables as Clay Matthews. Again, though, if they want a QB of the future, I think they have to get him here at 2. They can get RT in F.A., and a TE later in the draft, as well as LB's.

I don't think there is a "franchise" QB left. Ponder in my opinion was the only one in the draft who had that potential. Time will tell. Mallet could also turn out to be that guy.

After sleeping away my beers, I woke up with a change of heart. I had previously stated that we shouldn't draft bowers due too our depth on the DL. While I'd be happy with Wilson, Ayers, Reed, Rudolph, kaepernick or Dalton, I'd be equally happy to land Bowers. A DL of Dareus, Williams and Bowers would give us one of the top DLs in the league. to add carrington troupe and Edwards would give us the deepest as well. That's is, if bowers can remain healthy.

Go bills!!