• Brandon Harris CB, Miami #20
    • Justin Houston OLB, Georgia #28
    • Martez Wilson ILB, Illinois #30
    • Kyle Rudolph TE, Notre Dame #33
    • Mason Foster ILB, Washington #35
    • Jason Pinkston OT, Pittsburgh # 37

:thumbdown:

mallet is the pick.

Sorry to say, But Mallet is not even listed in the top 50 players. Might be there in round three since most Qb needy teams already blew there wad and drafted one. Wait and let him slide. The players listed are rated on draftek as the top. Bowers was left out because he is damaged goods and not a fit for a 3-4 defense.

Sorry to say, But Mallet is not even listed in the top 50 players. Might be there in round three since most Qb needy teams already blew there wad and drafted one. Wait and let him slide. The players listed are rated on draftek as the top. Bowers was left out because he is damaged goods and not a fit for a 3-4 defense.

Whose list is this?

Who's list are you looking at? There's isn't ONE list.

It depends on whether or not the staff believes Dalton, Kaepernick, or Mallett is capable of being a real Franchise QB - the kind that will allow us to pass on QB's for the next seven to ten years and will make us competitive each and every year. There's such a mixed review on these guys - to me, Mallett looks like a better version of Flacco, Kaepernick looks like a poor man's Newton, but might very well end up being just as good, and Dalton might also be a surprise - sort of a Brees type... so, if they really like the upside of any of these then I think you do go for it.

Also, we should be looking at an OLB type who can be a 4-3 DE, too. Someone who is in the 265-285lb range who can be an OLB in our base, and shift to the DE when we go 4-3 look hybrid fashion. Who fits that mold? Brooks Reed? Jabaal Sheard? Houston? Can't overlook Bowers! If we pass him physically, imagine walking away from round 2 with 2 of the top 3 overall defensive talents just a month ago, in most mocks!

Then there is Rudolph, if he's available.

I think if you go QB with the second you still have a chance of landing a good LB in the third, and a decent TE in the fourth, so that would be my choice, unless there is a D-line or hybrid OLB type at 34 who is just too good to pass up, like a Sheard, Austin, or Ballard. Maybe Wilson is seen as borderline first round talent, and would be an immediate starter at either OLB or inside linebacker. I read somewhere that Brooks Reed has very similar measurables as Clay Matthews. Again, though, if they want a QB of the future, I think they have to get him here at 2. They can get RT in F.A., and a TE later in the draft, as well as LB's.

Edited by sllib olaffub

It depends on whether or not the staff believes Dalton, Kaepernick, or Mallett is capable of being a real Franchise QB - the kind that will allow us to pass on QB's for the next seven to ten years and will make us competitive each and every year. There's such a mixed review on these guys - to me, Mallett looks like a better version of Flacco, Kaepernick looks like a poor man's Newton, but might very well end up being just as good, and Dalton might also be a surprise - sort of a Brees type... so, if they really like the upside of any of these then I think you do go for it.

Also, we should be looking at an OLB type who can be a 4-3 DE, too. Someone who is in the 265-285lb range who can be an OLB in our base, and shift to the DE when we go 4-3 look hybrid fashion. Who fits that mold? Brooks Reed? Jabaal Sheard? Houston? Can't overlook Bowers! If we pass him physically, imagine walking away from round 2 with 2 of the top 3 overall defensive talents just a month ago, in most mocks!

Then there is Rudolph, if he's available.

I think if you go QB with the second you still have a chance of landing a good LB in the third, and a decent TE in the fourth, so that would be my choice, unless there is a D-line or hybrid OLB type at 34 who is just too good to pass up, like a Sheard, Austin, or Ballard. Maybe Wilson is seen as borderline first round talent, and would be an immediate starter at either OLB or inside linebacker. I read somewhere that Brooks Reed has very similar measurables as Clay Matthews. Again, though, if they want a QB of the future, I think they have to get him here at 2. They can get RT in F.A., and a TE later in the draft, as well as LB's.

Pass on QB's ntil the third. Most teams that needed a QB picked one, Accept Arizona. Carolina, Tenneesee, Minnesota and Jacksonville got one. So the chances that either Mallet Dalton or Kaepernick slide into the third are high. Dont reach let the draft come to you.

None of my top 4 players are on your list.

Oh well.

these are the top players left on Drafttek that fit the teams needs, minus Bowers.

None of my top 4 players are on your list.

Oh well.

these are the top players left on Drafttek that fit the teams needs, minus Bowers.

Yeah, Bowers is one of them. And I consider pass rusher to be a very high priority with this or any team, every year.

I really liked what you said about not taking a QB here and "letting the draft come to you" but if there's one you really like, you have to take him now.

Funny how there was a lot of buzz that Andy Dalton was gonna be a late-rising first rounder…even though there were also reports that he had 4th round physical talent. My point is that not all teams will say "there's 3-4 QBs we like still out there." It might be the case that there's only one or maybe two quarterbacks remaining that any given team likes.

Brooks Reed Az DE (OLB)

Reed is another guy who IMO should be on the list.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Brooks Reed Az DE (OLB)

The Bills are going to draft OLB Brooks Reed. He fits a need, was a senior, played on the South team with Chan Galley at the Senior Bowl, visited One Bills Drive, and Galley likes him. Article from Bills site Posted Apr 1, 2011.

“He’s had his hand on the ground being a rusher, but he’s probably going to end up either being a pass rush guy or being a stand up linebacker in a 3-4, outside guy,” Gailey said. “His motor is amazing. He has an amazing motor. Every snap he’s going as hard as he can go. You’ve got to give a guy like that a lot of credit. He’s going to play somewhere. I really believe he’ll play somewhere because he’s got the right mindset about how to go after a game

After watching how Brady took advantage of TWO rookie tight ends last year, I'm completely in favor of the Bills drafting Rudolph with the 34. Since the Pats have 33, they obviously won't draft him unless they trade out of it and the other team takes him. However, I can't imagine a team trading up into that pick to draft a TE. So it looks like Rudolph will be there for the taking and I hope the Bills do! :thumbsup:

Take it for what it is worth, but in one publication I was reading, a scout was quoted on Wilson saying that he is way too stiff to the point where he can't bend over and touch his ankles. Don't know how this impacts his ability to succeed at the next level, but it didn't sound good.

I'd love an OLB at 34 and I know at this pick that all players have flaws, but the Bills need to start hitting homeruns with their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Houston and Ayers...inconsistent tag

Reed...converted DE

I think they have to take a chance on one of these guys and then follow that up with a ILB in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

This group as proven last year, isn't going to cut it...

50 Ayodele, Akin

57 Batten, Danny

59 Coleman, Antonio

54 Davis, Andra

56 Ellison, Keith

90 Kelsay, Chris

45 Kirlew, Jammie

58 Maybin, Aaron

55 Merriman, Shawne

52 Moats, Arthur

51 Posluszny, Paul

53 Torbor, Reggie

Edited by LabattBlue

I believe Mallett is the highest-rated player not taken in round one and, unless Belicheat trades the #33-pick to a team desperate for a QB, also fills the Bills' "QB-of-the-future" need.

Not saying we will - or should - take Mallett, but I think Nix will think hard about it.

(I just hope we don't take the injured, inexperienced, underclassman TE from Notre Dame - Kyle Rudolph - I keep thinking back to Tony Hunter...uuughhhh!!! )

Brian galiford from Rumblings has lost his cotton pickin mind !!! With the Bills having the 34th pick or the second pick of round 2 you should see the guys he has made mention of ?

No mention of Andy dalton , Daquan Bowers , Or Martez Wilson the man has hit his head or some thing , he did mention Kapernick which he was one of the only ones i might be able to see (but would much rather have Dalton that high)

There's not one guy he has as his pick for the Bills that any one else has that high on the board Brooks Reed is another one i swear he has hit his head !!! :blink:

Personally i will go on record with 3 guys Dalton , Wilson ,or Reed would be great picks at this spot ! Even Bowers wouldn't be bad @ this spot given the Bills history of picking guys with a knee problem (Thomas , McGahee) wouldn't be a bad pick .

thurman was damaged goods then. turned out to be ok. so id strongly consider bowers.

and id wait for qb at least til rd 4. no team left to need or even want one now :lol:

+++++1 :thumbsup: But we all know the PATS* will probably take him and he will go on to torture us for the nxt ten years.... :wallbash:

Edited by johnnywo

Did anyone else here Jim Miller on Sat radio responding to a caller asking if he thought the Bills would take Dalton.

Miller said the Bills like Levi Brown better than Andy Dalton and the only QB Buffalo has a second round interest in was Christian Ponder

The same Levi Brown who they thought so little of that after training camp they didn't even put him on their practice squad? :rolleyes:

Edited by LabattBlue